X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT
    replied
    DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Yeah interested to see how well he improves as a passer too. I think he will develop a consist ant jumper, which'll open some stuff in the pick n pop. That's probably wishful thinking at this point, but I think people undervalue his offensive potential by comparing him to bigs like Biz.
    there already seems to be alot of chemistry between him and Lowry, which is awesome. And he certainly is no where near as offensively limited as Biz was.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    Yeah interested to see how well he improves as a passer too. I think he will develop a consist ant jumper, which'll open some stuff in the pick n pop. That's probably wishful thinking at this point, but I think people undervalue his offensive potential by comparing him to bigs like Biz.
    there already seems to be alot of chemistry between him and Lowry, which is awesome. And he certainly is no where near as offensively limited as Biz was.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    yeah, really liking this kid. Runs the floor so well, hustles and has some decent moves around the rim. If he develops a solid 12-18 foot jump shot, he's gonna be real good.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Resigning Pat is the smart move. Its the only way to get "over the cap" and frankly, thats where we need to be to play with the big boys. You can trade him later but theres no sense in letting him go for nothing, as others said you can't replace him in free agency so you might as well bring him back as a trade chip.

Or trade him this year. Either works.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    Thad Young got 14 mill, Teletovic got 10.5 mill and Ryan Anderson got 18 mill... Pat is definitely getting more than Ross. Its also not like letting him walk gets the Raps anywhere too. Lose an asset and only make your hole at pf greater, not like you have the cap space to sign someone else.
    Yeah, this is the predicament. With Sully on a 1 year deal and no bird rights, it would be really tough to let Patterson walk with no cap space to sign another PF. But you gotta wonder what his value would be to other teams as well, and I highly doubt he doesn't get an offer in the Carroll territory at least. He is worth that for the Raps IMO, unless we get another PF via trade that can chew up 28 mins + per game and is actually better than Patterson.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    So who do you think he compares to ?

My view is Tristan Thompson type more than the second coming of Biz ....
    Ibaka comes to mind, but there are alot of differences there. He seems quicker but not as strong, probably will never block shots like Ibaka can or did, but I imagine his role on offence on this team would be similar to Ibaka's in OKC. He really needs to have an impact defensively to solidify his role here, and his ability to guard the perimeter and switch if necessary is encouraging. But that mid range jumpshot, even if primarily limited to the baseline would help alot.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    If it's more than Ross I say "Hell NO"!

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Thad Young got 14 mill, Teletovic got 10.5 mill and Ryan Anderson got 18 mill... Pat is definitely getting more than Ross. Its also not like letting him walk gets the Raps anywhere too. Lose an asset and only make your hole at pf greater, not like you have the cap space to sign someone else.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied

It will definitely be more than Ross.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    yeah, really liking this kid. Runs the floor so well, hustles and has some decent moves around the rim. If he develops a solid 12-18 foot jump shot, he's gonna be real good.
    So who do you think he compares to ?

My view is Tristan Thompson type more than the second coming of Biz ....

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    I wonder what the offers for him will be next summer.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Yeah, it pretty safe to say that this will be 2pat's last year as a Raptor.

I wonder what the offers for him will be next summer.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Yeah, it pretty safe to say that this will be 2pat's last year as a Raptor.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Phenomenal pick. Pascal is just so quick (to the ball, off the ground, in the open court, to learn, etc). Our hole at the bench 4 is all but filled in.
    Fixed

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Phenomenal pick. Pascal is just so quick (to the ball, off the ground, in the open court, to learn, etc). Our hole at the 4 is all but filled in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X