It's imperative that we get the #1 seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lupe wrote: View Post
    I'd prefer if the league/news media doesn't give us any credit. I'd love nothing more than for them to laugh at the idea of the Raptors even being in the conference finals again then cry and whine when they don't get the precious Cavs-Warriors trilogy that they wanted. Don't get me wrong I actually like LeBron a lot, but he's in the way, so gotta go buddy.
    Law of averages says that after losing the last dozen or so (its likely not that many but it sure seems that way) against the BUlls in a couple of those wins this is the year that the Raps do well against the Windy City .... If they take 3 of 4 and just crush and powder the Bulls (and without Pau Gasol and the matchup problems he created) this seems pretty likely this year....
    The Bulls don't have the athleticism or the bench strength to stay with the Raps...

Boston is grinding along a few games above 500 with a pretty soft sched. the cold light of day is starting to be seen in that the Celts still need a lot more. They can't rebound and they miss a lot of 3's. Two pretty fundamental cornerstones of a team thats supposed to be pushing the front running Cavs.

Yes.. revenge is a dish best served cold....
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Dec 3, 2016, 05:19 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

What'll be interesting is if we can somehow make a major upgrade at starting PF without affecting our current rotation. Like so far this season our key guys (not counting Siakam since he'd be replaced in this scenario) have been Lowry, DeMar, Carroll, JV, CoJo, Powell, Ross, 2Pat and Bebe.

If we can somehow consolidate some mix of Sullinger, Wright, FVV, Poeltl, Siakam and our numerous draft picks for someone like Paul Millsap at the deadline we'd really, really be in business. I think he's going to be available at the deadline with the way Atlanta's playing and I've seen some Hawks fans saying he wouldn't be particularly expensive given that they priced Horford too high last year and got nothing for him.
      there is literally no instance that we get a 'major upgrade at PF' without affecting the current rotation, and certainly not by offering random rookies and d-league recruits.

Comment

dominate dominate dominate

Comment

Man it's a good time to be a Raptors fan.

Comment

With a win on Monday we can take #1 ... I wonder what the latest into the season that we've been #1 is? Also rocking longest Win Streak in the league at 6 right now. Loving it.

Comment

Hopefully the defence picks up some more. Obviously this blistering shooting isn't totally sustainable but the difference can be smoothed over with solid to great D.

This is a very, very good team. Masai is probably a little pissed, makes it hard to trade any pieces away for an upgrade at the 4. Don't want to mess with the chemistry.

Also, anyone else glad Casey wasn't fired?
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                Hopefully the defence picks up some more. Obviously this blistering shooting isn't totally sustainable but the difference can be smoothed over with solid to great D.

This is a very, very good team. Masai is probably a little pissed, makes it hard to trade any pieces away for an upgrade at the 4. Don't want to mess with the chemistry.

Since Nov 23rd, Raps have best offence and second best defence in the league. Softer schedule, for sure, but not ridiculously so, though those are mostly home games.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post

This might be the year Casey gets that Coach of the year award.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Despite being just 1 game back, the #1 seed still feels like a pipe dream to me.

When both the Raps and Cavs are playing at their best, there is still clear separation between them. The Cavs are just in a different tier.

Comment

The Warriors are just ridiculous. Honestly don't even care about the #1 seed anymore.

It's just stupid. Like we're the 2nd best offense and not even anywhere near them. They're scoring 120 points per game and winning most of their games by halftime.

Doesn't really matter what we do there's no way we can beat that team even if by some act of God we beat Cleveland.

Comment

The Warriors are just ridiculous. Honestly don't even care about the #1 seed anymore.

It's just stupid. Like we're the 2nd best offense and not even anywhere near them. They're scoring 120 points per game and winning most of their games by halftime.

Doesn't really matter what we do there's no way we can beat that team even if by some act of God we beat Cleveland.
                        Don't fret, coach Pop is on it.

Comment

I actually think we would have a better shot at beating Warriors in a best of 7. We just seem to matchup better against Warriors than Cavs.

And by "better shot", I mean a 3% chance instead of a 0% chance.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I actually think we would have a better shot at beating Warriors in a best of 7. We just seem to matchup better against Warriors than Cavs.

And by "better shot", I mean a 3% chance instead of a 0% chance.
                            We have no chance whatsoever and would get blown away by them in the finals in 3 games. (Yes 3, because they would score enough in 3 to make up for the difference in 4 games).

Cleveland has a slight chance because they have arguably the best player to ever play. That's it.

Don't even really know why I made this thread, some weird, twisted false hope that we could actually win the title *chuckle* silly me.

Comment

Too much "woe is me" around here today. It's December 6th. The season is looooong. I'm not ready to talk all here about our death march into cleveland. Lots can happen, even roster wise between now and then

As nelson Mandela said, "it's only impossible until its been done"
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Too much "woe is me" around here today. It's December 6th. The season is looooong. I'm not ready to talk all here about our death march into cleveland. Lots can happen, even roster wise between now and then

As nelson Mandela said, "it's only impossible until its been done"
                                It's a sobering reality-check losing to the champs for the 5th time in a row....

Comment

Working...
                                X