X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Is
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    If JV is already bad on D. Wht wpuld they play him on one leg? Makes no sense to me.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    We've literally seen a fair amount of players (Lowry especially) on this team playing injured already.

Although Carroll might be an even better example.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Just Is wrote: View Post
    Why was Lowry leading the league in minutes per game last year when he wasn't 100%?

Or Carroll?

Or Ross?

Or etc ... you get my point.
    If JV is already bad on D. Wht wpuld they play him on one leg? Makes no sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Just Is wrote: View Post
    Why was Lowry leading the league in minutes per game last year when he wasn't 100%?

Or Carroll?

Or Ross?

This team needs to stop letting guys play through injuries

Leave a comment:

• lewro
    replied
    "He got subbed out at the 5 min mark in the 3rd, and then Lowry put on a show. I didn't see anything special from Bebe. He had some good uncontested rebounds, but 2Pat was grabbing boards too. Boston was just flat offensively when Lowry started taking over on the other end."

"JV was brought back in with 4min left in the 4th when they were up by 7. He left after he fouled Horford on what was a bad foul call in my opinion (probably a make up call).. and 2Pat came in with 2 mins left.. when they were up by 5. So it's not like he sh!t the bed completely there. 2Pat stayed in the game until the end, and they won by 7."

We were down by 10 when JV checked out. We were up by 7 when he checked back in. Yes, lowry took over. seemed like our team defense improved, including bebe imo - decent job on the boards and better rim protection. we seemed to generate some transition opportunities from our defense, esp steals. same thing happened vs the wolves imo.
    It doesn't read in the game log but to my eye jv got roasted in those two mins and celts looked like they would just keep going back to it. 2 fouls in 2 min and then subbed out is pretty telling when the game is on the line imo. yes, maybe it is the injury but i think jv has always struggled with lateral quicks and defending outside of the paint. seems like that was exploited. not saying bebe is amazing either but not as bad in this area imo. he's also just a backup.

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Why is JV even playing if he isn't 100%? Wasnt his ankle injury two weeks ago now?

Or Carroll?

Or Ross?

Last edited by Just Is; Sat Dec 10, 2016, 04:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Why is JV even playing if he isn't 100%? Wasnt his ankle injury two weeks ago now?

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    lewro wrote: View Post
    We swung the game in the 2nd half last night with jv on the bench. When jv returned, horford went at him every time and he had to be pulled immediately. Pats defense vs horford preserved the win. If not for that, we might have loses vs all our rivals outside of Charlotte. Jv got roasted by kemba in that game too. Defense is important.
    I saw a different game. In the 3rd when Boston was on their run, a lot of the points were from the perimeter.. I recall both Avery and Smart hitting multiple 3's. The questionable defensive plays were JV hedging hard on Avery to allow Amir to sneak into the paint for an easy 2 (although that might have been in the first half).. and then a blow by Horford when JV when to contest him at the arc. Again if his ankles were f'ed up maybe he'd recover quicker?

He got subbed out at the 5 min mark in the 3rd, and then Lowry put on a show. I didn't see anything special from Bebe. He had some good uncontested rebounds, but 2Pat was grabbing boards too. Boston was just flat offensively when Lowry started taking over on the other end.

JV was brought back in with 4min left in the 4th when they were up by 7. He left after he fouled Horford on what was a bad foul call in my opinion (probably a make up call).. and 2Pat came in with 2 mins left.. when they were up by 5. So it's not like he sh!t the bed completely there. 2Pat stayed in the game until the end, and they won by 7.

I saw a few bad defensive plays by him. There were far more bad defensive plays by our perimeter guys in my opinion. JV also did grab 10 boards and was setting some really good screens to free up KL.

Still don't think he was that bad considering he's not 100%.

Leave a comment:

• lewro
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    JV and it isn't even close in my opinion. By the way the guy still has a bum ankle and was playing a b2b. Even then I thought he did a pretty good job last night.
    We swung the game in the 2nd half last night with jv on the bench. When jv returned, horford went at him every time and he had to be pulled immediately. Pats defense vs horford preserved the win. If not for that, we might have loses vs all our rivals outside of Charlotte. Jv got roasted by kemba in that game too. Defense is important.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    JV and it isn't even close in my opinion. By the way the guy still has a bum ankle and was playing a b2b. Even then I thought he did a pretty good job last night.

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    I'm not sure there could have been a more blatant troll tread then this.

This season, the top 5 for Raptors has been: 1) Lowry; 2) DeRozan; 3) JV; 4) Ross; 5) Patterson.

They're also who the best overall 5 are on the team.
    Last edited by Just Is; Sat Dec 10, 2016, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Meh.

Norman Powell is the Raptors 3rd best player. But if we're talking about who's their 3rd most important player, then it's Patterson.

Btw, i don't know how this is a troll thread. There's a lot of differing opinions about this topic. So it's pretty interesting. Some say it's Ross, some say it's Patterson, I think it's Powell.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    Funny thing is our real third best player only fills in for Carroll, but hasn't played enough to show it...Casey give him some damn consistent minutes.
    As much as I would like to see Norm get mor burn I think being held back a bit is good for development and the team. keeps Norm hungry and eager to prove himself, keeps vets happy their minutes aren't being affected, etc. At some point we will face injuries and Norm will be ready.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    This is actually a pretty flat team.

With JV having a rough patch, he's not been playing like the clear third best player, though he is certainly the third best player overall.

In terms of performance, Ross, Patterson (of course) and Nogueira have excelled in their backup roles. Strong bench has been key once again.

I'd probably put it as a toss up between Pat and JV right now, since JV's been struggling.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    If this was a "troll" than everybody would of said JV. Everyone seems pretty slipt. Seems like a pretty fair question 25 games in.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Funny thing is our real third best player only fills in for Carroll, but hasn't played enough to show it...Casey give him some damn consistent minutes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X