Who has been the 3rd best Raptor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lewro wrote: View Post
    Norm is my favourite player outside of Lowry but the $ makes me consider to trade him. If he gets more mins and reaches his potential then I can see him getting max or near max offer from a Brooklyn type team. That's like $60m at SG. Delon is coming back too. I'd like to see delon or cory traded for forward and norm turned into Westbrook lite. That could really extend the Lowry window and give Ross some mins at SF.
    Even with increased minutes in the rotation (which is very likely in a year) there's no way imo someone will give him a max contract. He simply won't get enough minutes or touches to show that. But I won't be surprised if he blows up ala Biz. I would trade Ross or Carroll with something if need be because I think he would be taking DD's spot eventually and I really believe he could eventually become a leader of the team. He has a real impact on how we play.

Comment

There's a way, Brooklyn. Near max starts to push it toward $60m

Comment

Bebe

Comment

This thread needs a poll.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              I'd probably put it as a toss up between Pat and JV right now, since JV's been struggling.
              These are my thoughts too. Ross is very close too.

Going into the season, Jonas would've been the obvious answer to the OP. But a lot of others have stepped up to make the question worth asking/discussing. I think it's unfair to dismiss this as a troll thread.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                These are my thoughts too. Ross is very close too.

Going into the season, Jonas would've been the obvious answer to the OP. But a lot of others have stepped up to make the question worth asking/discussing. I think it's unfair to dismiss this as a troll thread.
                I think the troll accusation had to do with timing - this thread being created by who it was created by in the middle of the worst slump of JV's career is... a little more than a coincidence. The topic itself is certainly valid, what with this team being such a complete group outside of the two all stars.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm gonna go with JV. He's giving you 12/10 with good shooting #'s in 27 minutes; that is pretty good. If used more, at least the scoring numbers could be bumped a bit. I don't think he'll stay in 3rd though unless he steps his game up.

Comment

defense is so underrated. Pat is guarding 4s and 5s, even tweener 3s. Guys like Horford, Giannis, Lebron, Embiid in recent games. we ask that guy to do a tonne for us. Im surprised his is only playing 29 mins, feels like 35.
                    Kanter is putting up nearly 13 pts in 19 mins. yes, his rebounding sucks and that is something we need help with (and jv is great at it) and pat is not great at rebounding but hes decent, most of the time.

Comment

Was wondering, who in the league would be the optimal 3rd player alongside KL and DD, do you think? Please try to leave out players clearly better than these two (of course with LeBron the team is great). For example, maybe you think that a super good defensive center who throws down dunks would fit best and say DeAndre Jordan, or maybe you want a very good all around player like Milsap or Hayward.

Thought about this for a bit and I think I like Myles Turner.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                        Was wondering, who in the league would be the optimal 3rd player alongside KL and DD, do you think? Please try to leave out players clearly better than these two (of course with LeBron the team is great). For example, maybe you think that a super good defensive center who throws down dunks would fit best and say DeAndre Jordan, or maybe you want a very good all around player like Milsap or Hayward.

Thought about this for a bit and I think I like Myles Turner.
                        Considering fit on our current team, one position in closing lineup that is in constant flux is C, PG = KL, SG = DD, SF = DC/NP, PF = PPat (who reminds me of Shane Battier with all the intangibles and defense).
                        What big would prove capable of switching to Big SF (LBJ) and guarding Shooting Bigs (Love, Frye) while maintaining our historic offense? Yeah it's hard, but I like Adams with his crushing screens and rim protection, another under the radar player that might become good fit is Gorgui Dieng, he is solid defender, with some mid-range game.

Perfect fit would be Draymond Green, but it's debatable if he'd be first or 3rd best Raptor.

Comment

Still pat for me. He's 3rd most important, norm is 3rd best.

Comment

Third best over the past 1.5 months has likely been the mascot.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Third best over the past 1.5 months has likely been the mascot.
                              Bring back cheerleader eating dino

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Powell is the 3rd best player on this team. The coach has no idea how to use him though.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X