Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt
    replied
    I really think it's DeMar, and Lowry and Patterson are 1 and 2.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    Patterson is probably 3rd, which is odd given his inconsistent shooting. Ross has been great too. JV has been great for rebounding and screen setting. He hasn't had enough opportunity IMO for me to say he's been the teams 3rd best player, because as is, he definitely hasn't.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Even more reason to trade JV for him.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    depends whats the definition of the "best player". Talent and skill wise it is definitely Jv with carrol a close second when healthy. But if were talking the 3rd most crucial/biggest impact on the team i would lean toward Pat, what he give us off the bench is so important. He also seem to be acting more like a leader this year, despite his early struggle what Pat gives us is huge and i would say the role he plays is more important than ross or cojo. Most talent=demar, kyle, jv, dc, ross, pat, cojo Biggest positive impact on team= Kyle, demar, pat, ross, dc, jv, cojo

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    Who has been the 3rd best Raptor?

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    24 Savage aka Norman Powell.
    powell has been sweet. but hes also played the 5th least minutes on the entire roster. saying hes 3rd best raptor is like saying bebe is the BEST on the team because in a bubble, his stats are insane.
    Last edited by Axel; Sun Dec 11, 2016, 05:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    Man the Grizzlies are really struggling on D. Only held the hottest team in the league to 89 points. They need to get that slow-footed Spaniard outta there.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Man the Grizzlies are really struggling on D. Only held the hottest team in the league to 89 points. They need to get that slow-footed Spaniard outta there.

Leave a comment:

• lewro
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    It sounds like an excuse, but it's true, to a degree. JV is still saddled with the worst player in the rotation for a majority of his minutes in Siakam instead of beside the team's real starting PF.

In the 175 or so minutes that Lowry, PP and JV have shared the court, the team has a 103 DRTG. Siakam instead of PP and it's 108. It really does seem to be JV's job to carry the least useful player on the team in his minutes, then let top notch players like Patterson and whatever all star in on the court run wild against benches. Just like last year, it works great in the regular season, but come the playoffs it's going to be a problem when rotations shrink. And if the switch is made again, it will once again be fine for the starters, who have played closing minutes with PP and looked great, but the bench will once again collapse without PP there because he's been there all year. The only variables this year compared to last are that Siakam might get better with time instead of worse like Scola (though the common theory of the rookie wall suggests that he won't be useful come the end of the season), and Sullinger - if Sullinger can return and fill the Siakam slot successfully, we might avoid the playoff switch. But we're gambling with fire at this point, hoping to integrate him and judge lineup success starting in like February.
    Jv was slow footed before scola and since. Avg to mediocre rim protector too.
    So we start pat and try to hide our center on defense? That's a contender? He needs to defend his position and be a good help defender, not need extra help himself or have to be subbed off for pat. It's arguably the most demanding defensive position. You don't want a net negative there if you're serious about winning. His rebounding and occasional post defense vs a handful of guys is helping his stats. He's trending toward becoming scola more than he is a viable option. Especially as the league changes.
    MAYBE if he gets it back on offense but hes not getting the ball either. I'm not in favour of this strategy anyway. We already got demar.

Leave a comment:

• lewro
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    JV 'got roasted'? I think you've got biased eyes when watching JV play.

Last night he was pretty decent defensively. He had a drating of 99 (5th on the team). CoJo and DD on the other hand.. yikes.

Breaking it down in the 2nd half.

The Celtics had 50 at the half, and 62 when he checked out (12pts against, in 7 mins).
    The Celtics had 82 when he checked back in, and 87 when he checked out at about the 2min mark in the 4th (5pts against, in about 2 mins). So he was on the court for 17pts against in about 9 mins.

On the other hand when he was sitting..

The Celtics had scored 6 points (62-68 to finish off the 3rd quarter) in 5 mins.
    The Celtics then went from 68pts to 82pts by the time JV came back with 4 mins left (so in 8 mins).
    The Celtics then scored another 7pts (from 87 to 94) in the last 2 mins of the game when JV sat.
    That's a total of 6+14+7=27pts against in 15 mins.

I think he's getting a lot of the blame for their defensive woes, but not enough credit when things go well. I thought he was pretty good yesterday.
    Yes, cojo and demar struggled on D.

Based on your breakdown it looks like the team had slightly better defense with bebe. Bebe was a +6, jv was +/- 0 for the game.

If jv got stops I would be happy. That helps the team win. That's not what happened. Celts targeted jv with horford away from the basket on back to back possessions. Jv got blown by and fouled both times. Subbed off in two mins in the clutch with two fouls. That's getting roasted. Thats why Casey subbed him off immediately. We needed pat to preserve the lead. Jv is the third star? No, pat saved the game down the stretch. That's not biased, that happened.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    It sounds like an excuse, but it's true, to a degree. JV is still saddled with the worst player in the rotation for a majority of his minutes in Siakam instead of beside the team's real starting PF.

In the 175 or so minutes that Lowry, PP and JV have shared the court, the team has a 103 DRTG. Siakam instead of PP and it's 108. It really does seem to be JV's job to carry the least useful player on the team in his minutes, then let top notch players like Patterson and whatever all star in on the court run wild against benches. Just like last year, it works great in the regular season, but come the playoffs it's going to be a problem when rotations shrink. And if the switch is made again, it will once again be fine for the starters, who have played closing minutes with PP and looked great, but the bench will once again collapse without PP there because he's been there all year. The only variables this year compared to last are that Siakam might get better with time instead of worse like Scola (though the common theory of the rookie wall suggests that he won't be useful come the end of the season), and Sullinger - if Sullinger can return and fill the Siakam slot successfully, we might avoid the playoff switch. But we're gambling with fire at this point, hoping to integrate him and judge lineup success starting in like February.
    I think this reply is like the part in a movie where somebody makes an offhand jokey remark to the group and then it suddenly dawns on at least one person ("what did you say? No, no, before that."), usually the hero, that it is in fact the answer they had been searching for the whole 2nd act.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Mess wrote: View Post
    Still Scola

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    Still Scola

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    lewro wrote: View Post
    We were down by 10 when JV checked out. We were up by 7 when he checked back in. Yes, lowry took over. seemed like our team defense improved, including bebe imo - decent job on the boards and better rim protection. we seemed to generate some transition opportunities from our defense, esp steals. same thing happened vs the wolves imo.
    It doesn't read in the game log but to my eye jv got roasted in those two mins and celts looked like they would just keep going back to it. 2 fouls in 2 min and then subbed out is pretty telling when the game is on the line imo. yes, maybe it is the injury but i think jv has always struggled with lateral quicks and defending outside of the paint. seems like that was exploited. not saying bebe is amazing either but not as bad in this area imo. he's also just a backup.
    JV 'got roasted'? I think you've got biased eyes when watching JV play.

Last night he was pretty decent defensively. He had a drating of 99 (5th on the team). CoJo and DD on the other hand.. yikes.

Breaking it down in the 2nd half.

The Celtics had 50 at the half, and 62 when he checked out (12pts against, in 7 mins).
    The Celtics had 82 when he checked back in, and 87 when he checked out at about the 2min mark in the 4th (5pts against, in about 2 mins). So he was on the court for 17pts against in about 9 mins.

On the other hand when he was sitting..

The Celtics had scored 6 points (62-68 to finish off the 3rd quarter) in 5 mins.
    The Celtics then went from 68pts to 82pts by the time JV came back with 4 mins left (so in 8 mins).
    The Celtics then scored another 7pts (from 87 to 94) in the last 2 mins of the game when JV sat.
    That's a total of 6+14+7=27pts against in 15 mins.

I think he's getting a lot of the blame for their defensive woes, but not enough credit when things go well. I thought he was pretty good yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    If JV is already bad on D. Wht wpuld they play him on one leg? Makes no sense to me.

Ask Casey that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X