Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to move DC to starting PFand NP to starting SF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2KJ
    replied
    I like the idea of Norm at the 3, but let DC play a role similar to Iggy off the bench. The roster has way too many guards. Pascal is too young, 2Pat is too soft to start. Even Jason Thompson or Ed Davis would be more useful. A Chris Bosh reunion would be my dream scenario, if his condition heals.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Anyway, Siakam is already soft enough at PF. Carroll would be even softer.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    I'd like to see that lineup for a few minutes a game..not necessarily starting lineup.

I think we all agree that Powell is earning more consistent minutes.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Yeah that should net a good one eh?! Teams are likely to ignore his constant injuries, $15M/yr and all the other faults we complain about. Outside of Anthony Bennet, who do you think we could get?! Whoops I almost forgot that PF would also need to make around $15M/yr himself so probably even more great and realistic options.
    i'm not saying you can get anything good 1 for 1 for Demarre.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I agree with the general consensus here.. DC is not a PF and shouldn't be asked to play there. Maybe with 2Pat at center in really small ball line ups.. but should really only work for a few minutes and when we need an all defensive line (but then we'll never grab a board either so I doubt we'd even see it).

Leave a comment:

• JamesNaismith
    replied
    KHD wrote: View Post
    time to trade demarre carrol for a 4, more like
    Yeah that should net a good one eh?! Teams are likely to ignore his constant injuries, $15M/yr and all the other faults we complain about. Outside of Anthony Bennet, who do you think we could get?! Whoops I almost forgot that PF would also need to make around $15M/yr himself so probably even more great and realistic options.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    KHD wrote: View Post
    If Masai could actually pull off a trade fot a legit 4, wow

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    I've always suspected that Carroll at the 4 for big minutes was what they envisioned when they signed him. Talking about small ball all summer that year. But.... he can't physically handle playing that position, especially with the injuries.

Plus, given rebounding has been an issue, not sure about weakening that area more.

Things are going fine as is. I am happy if they just leave it alone for now. Evertone is playing well and they are winning.
    he can't handle playing SF either at this point, he can't keep up to even the slowest of slashers.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    No. JYD 2.0 is already too frail as a 3, and can't really guard even the bigger SF's as was advertised coming in. Welp.

But one lineup I really want to see Carroll as PF in is: Lowry/Ross/Powell/Carroll/Pat. But again, small doses.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Nope! Maybe time to cut Lowry's minutes, run Cory as a pure PG, shrink Carroll's minutes a bit and give Powell more minutes. But that won't likely happen.

Carroll can't handle starting PF minutes.

If we're going to start a different PF, there is an obvious answer.
    This. 6 minutes less for cojo, 4 min less for kyle, 2 min less for demar, 5 min less for carroll..whatdayagot? (A 10th man in the rotation! Yay!)

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    I've always suspected that Carroll at the 4 for big minutes was what they envisioned when they signed him. Talking about small ball all summer that year. But.... he can't physically handle playing that position, especially with the injuries.

Plus, given rebounding has been an issue, not sure about weakening that area more.

Things are going fine as is. I am happy if they just leave it alone for now. Evertone is playing well and they are winning.

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    Our rebounding is bad enough. With an undersized PF it'll be a gong show

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Nope! Maybe time to cut Lowry's minutes, run Cory as a pure PG, shrink Carroll's minutes a bit and give Powell more minutes. But that won't likely happen.

Carroll can't handle starting PF minutes.

If we're going to start a different PF, there is an obvious answer.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    [QUOTE=psrs1;699963]Given how porous our defense has been at times and that PK though he hustles, is still a rookie and makes rookie mistakes would it be an option to start DC at the 4 and NP at the 3? Of course on back to backs this might not be viable as DC may need rest but most nights this could potentially be a viable solution. Our defense would improve. When /if Sullinger plays the line up could be readjusted. Worthy of consideration? [QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X