Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference: Who's going to the playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    I think Cleveland might also be seeing who the 8 seed is. It's likely to be miami or chicago...two teams that match up well with the cavs. They might be happy to fall to 2nd to take on the pacers instead.
    I think Cleveland might not be in control of what's happening at all, they keep finding ways to lose games whether guys are dressed or resting.

29th DRTG in the league since the ASG.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• so lebron wont play on wednesday...

Comment

• Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I'm ok with facing the Cavs in the 2nd Round. Our guys will be a bit fresher, and healthier, and less banged up. Mind you, so will the Cavs, but hey, we're going to have to face them at some point. Might as well do it when they're closer to the team they are today (not playing all that well) to what they'll be once they're in Playoff Championship Zone Mode come the Conference Finals.

Comment

• I'd be shitting bricks if I were the Bulls. The Nets have already locked up 1st place in the lottery and play the Bulls in the last game of the season with a beautiful opportunity to be spoilers. Meanwhile, the Heat play the Wizards who are entrenched in 4th place and nothing left to play for - Wiz should be resting anybody important, if they know what's good for them. Would love to see the Heat get in.

Comment

• I like that our options are basically Milwaukee or Atlanta in the first round. I like both teams. Milwaukee is tough with Po and Middleton sure.. but the Raptors have had their number for quite some time. Plus Milwaukee will have that fish out of water playoff experience, ripe for the picking.

Atlanta has some vets.. but the Raptors match-up really well.

As for the second round.. something I generally don't want to think too much about.. But alas, Cleveland is obviously going to be tough. But ultimately we have to go through them anyway to get to that next level as a franchise. Would be pretty cool to be the first Eastern conference team in the last 7 years to beat LBJ.

Comment

• Well bill Simmons doesn't think cavs can beat the raptors lol.

Comment

• Fuck the Cavs!!, that's all I have to say about that.

Comment

• Idk... defense is the one thing that translates into the playoffs very well and is a good predictor of playoff performance. I'd like to believe the Cavs are vulnerable... but they still have Lebron so that complicates things.

Comment

• So basically its looking like - Milwaukee in the 1st round, Cleveland in the 2nd round and Washington in the ECF.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      So basically its looking like - Milwaukee in the 1st round, Cleveland in the 2nd round and Washington in the ECF.

Fack this probably the hardest path through the East possible right now lmao f our Raptor lives!

This is going to be a scary ass 1st rd.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                        Fack this probably the hardest path through the East possible right now lmao f our Raptor lives!

This is going to be a scary ass 1st rd.
                        The hard part is meeting the LeBrons one round early.

I'm not concerned about Bucks or Wizards at all.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I'm ok with facing the Cavs in the 2nd Round. Our guys will be a bit fresher, and healthier, and less banged up. Mind you, so will the Cavs, but hey, we're going to have to face them at some point. Might as well do it when they're closer to the team they are today (not playing all that well) to what they'll be once they're in Playoff Championship Zone Mode come the Conference Finals.
                          I agree. Playoffs are here, so it's time for Raptor fans to put on their homer hats and fully embrace the us against the world mantra. No point fretting about an extra round...not like we're making any money from the extra ticket sales.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            So basically its looking like - Milwaukee in the 1st round, Cleveland in the 2nd round and Washington in the ECF.

It will be so much sweeter when the Raps eliminate the Cavs in the second round. I can already hear LeBitch blaming his teammates, his hand-picked coach and calling for the head of his GM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              I agree. Playoffs are here, so it's time for Raptor fans to put on their homer hats and fully embrace the us against the world mantra. No point fretting about an extra round...not like we're making any money from the extra ticket sales.
                              Yes, 2nd best team in the East last year, want to be the best this year? Have to beat everybody.

I think the Raptors for sure have the 2nd best roster in the East, you still have to win the games of course.

If Raps fans are worried about matchups in the East, just imagine being in the West. Really, with a stumbling Cavs team you aren't going to get a much easier bracket than this, ever. It's the playoffs, these are the good teams.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Yes, 2nd best team in the East last year, want to be the best this year? Have to beat everybody.

I think the Raptors for sure have the 2nd best roster in the East, you still have to win the games of course.

If Raps fans are worried about matchups in the East, just imagine being in the West. Really, with a stumbling Cavs team you aren't going to get a much easier bracket than this, ever. It's the playoffs, these are the good teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X