Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Fans I See At Every NBA Game (Raptors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Fans I See At Every NBA Game (Raptors)

Hi all,

First time poster here, I recently started writing a basketball blog. (friends have always told me I know way too much about basketball so I thought I’d try this blogging thing out.

Here is my first post, as a Raptors season ticket holder I’ve seen all kinds of fans at the ACC – I categorized them here:

http://www.courtisinsession.com/5-ty...very-nba-game/

Am I missing any fans or are you guys some of these fans?

Thanks for reading!

#4 is probably the most common amoung the die hard ranks. I mean #4 sums up most game threads.
    4) The Armchair Player and Coach

Every game has a fan that’s always pissed off. They’ll literally complain about every single play in the game. If a player misses a jump shot, “STOP SHOOTING JUMPERS!”. If a player turns the ball over in a fast break, “SHOOT THE BALL!”. If a player comes into the game and doesn’t box out his man, “WHY IS THIS GUY IN THE GAME?”. I personally love these fans, they’re always passionate and at the end of the day, they just want the home team to win.
    Anyway, good job! Keep up the good work and stick around. Oh and welcome to the board.

Comment

How about the fan wearing the jersey of a team not playing that night? Or the fan wearing some other sports jersey?

"I'm going to a sportsing event, I'll put my sportsing clothes on!"
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Don't forget about the newbie fan, who thinks it's perfectly acceptable to spend the entire game asking questions, akin to the 'talks during the movie' guy.

There's also the lip-service fan who's decked out in team gear, but has no clue or care about the sport/team/game. It's either hip to support the team, be seen at the game, or to go along with your friends or boy/girl friend. At least the bandwagoners like and understand the sport, but these fans are there more for the selfies and social gratification.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
          How about the fan wearing the jersey of a team not playing that night? Or the fan wearing some other sports jersey?

Go sports team!

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

I applaud this type of fan who busts out whatever they have in the closet and still enjoys the game. This person isn't going to get suckered into paying big bucks for ridiculously over-priced OVO merch just to impress the anonymous masses. Frugal is where it's at. lol.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              Don't forget about the newbie fan, who thinks it's perfectly acceptable to spend the entire game asking questions, akin to the 'talks during the movie' guy.

There's also the lip-service fan who's decked out in team gear, but has no clue or care about the sport/team/game. It's either hip to support the team, be seen at the game, or to go along with your friends or boy/girl friend. At least the bandwagoners like and understand the sport, but these fans are there more for the selfies and social gratification.
              Which brings us to selfie fan. Usually travels in packs. Constantly checking instagram for who likes that they're there. Terrence ross breakaway? Busy taking a selfie. Fans going crazy after a huge 3? Snapchatting themself cheering.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I also hate "keep it down" fan. Him and I don't get along, because I'm "respectfully drunk" fan. I yell at opposing players, I cheer loudly, I chant "defense" even in the 2nd quarter. I do not spill my drink, swear, or yell at other fans. This usually does not stop me from annoying "keep it down" fan, who apparently came to a basketball game for some meditation

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I also hate "keep it down" fan. Him and I don't get along, because I'm "respectfully drunk" fan. I yell at opposing players, I cheer loudly, I chant "defense" even in the 2nd quarter. I do not spill my drink, swear, or yell at other fans. This usually does not stop me from annoying "keep it down" fan, who apparently came to a basketball game for some meditation
                  Kinda picture you like the Philly fan.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/...ighlight-photo
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Kinda picture you like the Philly fan.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/...ighlight-photo
                    I probably wouldn't flip the double bird 3 feet from a man who can snap my neck like a popsicle stick, but I do enjoy a good hostile environment

Comment

I thought this post was going to list 5 specific people, lol.

1. Nav
                      2. Mrs. DeMar
                      3. Drake
                      4. Herbie
                      5. 4Korners

Comment

thanks

Comment

true! Hate those guys

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I thought this post was going to list 5 specific people, lol.

1. Nav
                            2. Mrs. DeMar
                            3. Drake
                            4. Herbie
                            5. 4Korners
                            Who's herbie

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Who's herbie
                              Isn't he the announcer/guy who introduces the team from day one?

Comment

Working...
                              X