Raptors Republic Report Cards - Jarret Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Republic Report Cards - Jarret Jack

Next on our list of report cards, Mr. Jarret Jack.

Jarrett Jack

2009-10 Statistics

PPG 11.4
    RPG 2.7
    APG 5.0
    SPG 0.7
    BPG 0.1
    FG% 0.481
    FT% 0.842
    3P% 0.412
    MPG 27.4
    A
    12.50%
    B
    87.50%
    C
    0.00%
    D
    0.00%
    F
    0.00%

I love Jack's passion for competition ... he was a nice surprise even though he started the season slow, at times he was the real leader of this team. He needs to improve on defensive game and to focus more in order to avoid some foolish turn overs. Jack gets a B from me

Comment

Have to go with a B. Jack came in, the American media ripped Colangelo for "over spending" on him and what does Jack do? He goes out and quiets the critics, putting together the best season of his career and maybe has sealed Jose Calderon's fate as marked man on the way out. I am happy he's here, he's certainly a good piece to have on a team that wants to be relevant and contrary to pre-season junk he has a very reasonable contract.
      Last edited by Apollo; Wed Apr 21, 2010, 01:16 PM.

Comment

A -- Jack was outstanding for the Raptors.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

B+.

Outstanding heart, great floater, good mid-range game. Not always a distributor and perhaps without the vision you'd like to see from a point guard. There were games where he looked more like a shooting guard.

Comment

Copywryter wrote: View Post
            B+.

Outstanding heart, great floater, good mid-range game. Not always a distributor and perhaps without the vision you'd like to see from a point guard. There were games where he looked more like a shooting guard.
            If he were only a little bit taller.

Comment

B+. I love the fire and passion he brought and he looks like he might be able to take over the captaincy if Bosh leaves. Hopefully his attitude rubs off on the young guys and they bring a lot more intensity next season(Weems, DeRozan, Johnson provided he re-signs)).

Comment

B++

I agree all of the above mentioned things. Plus, his presence was one of the reasons of Bosh's top form.

Comment

A-, for what he is worth.

Super bargain player who is a good driving point guard.

Super good trade asset as well, probably not a full time solution since he is turning 27 at the start of next season.

Comment

The A camp is making a good case but the B camp has a rebuttal. Consistency from game 1 to game 82. Jack needs that for an A, people. Maybe next year.

Comment

Jarrett Jack earned $5 million this season.

Could someone please make me a shortlist of players who earned less than $5 million who are not on rookie contracts + were comparable to or played better than Jack?

I imagine it is a very short list.
                      Last edited by Dave; Wed Apr 21, 2010, 06:11 PM.
                      nbaroundtable

Comment

Here would be my shortlist:

Out-performed -- Kendrick Perkins + Ersan Ilyasova + Thabo Sefolosha + Mickael Pietrus ($5.3mil) + Martell Webster + Carl Landry
                        Comparable value -- Delonte West + Kelenna Azubuike + Carlos Delfino + Grant Hill + Andray Blatche

Out of players who are in a similar pay bracket as Jarrett Jack, I count a total of 6 players who have out-performed him and another five players who offered comparable play.

Jarrett Jack is playing at an elite level for his pay bracket + what expectations should be for a player in that range.
                        nbaroundtable

Comment

@Dave: for this season, the contractual status was quite screwed up as many teams were with an eye on this summer free agent campaign. We should see some atrocious contracts once again after the 2010 FA madness is gone and the salary cap is higher than expected!

Comment

Working...
                          X