Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would The Raptors Be Better If Bargnani Came In Off The Bench?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dn66 wrote: View Post
    Trading a fine big man for an injury ridled question mark would be plain stupid...
    It would be a one year tryout maybe two, he's an RFA after next season. Risky, not stupid.

Comment

dn66 wrote: View Post
      Trading a fine big man for an injury ridled question mark would be plain stupid...
      Stupid if it didn't work out and brilliant and daring if it did
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        If Johnson and BC can agree on an amount do you think that everyone else under contract except for Johnson is available for trade.
        I do. I just feel that some players will be valued more by Colangelo than by other teams. Most likely players taken 1st overall in the 2006 NBA draft.

So everyone else then becomes available in your eyes or is there another intended untouchable like Bargnani or whoever?
        I think DeRozan can be placed in the same category as I placed Bargnani.

We need to make one thing clear here. Colangelo has a history of acquiring young players with high potential, not trading them away.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          I do. I just feel that some players will be valued more by Colangelo than by other teams. Most likely players taken 1st overall in the 2006 NBA draft.

I think DeRozan can be placed in the same category as I placed Bargnani.

We need to make one thing clear here. Colangelo has a history of acquiring young players with high potential, not trading them away.
          Maybe Bargnani lied about his age?
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

LOL, it wouldn't be the first time that happened. Greg Oden looks like he's about to hit his midlife crisis.

Comment

The Raptors would be much better with Bargnani coming off the bench.

For the other team.

Comment

Oh no he didn't!

Comment

Here are the unknowns:
                  Bosh, Amir, Weems staying
                  Which PG will be traded

Here are the knowns:
                  Bargs, Hedo, Triano are not going anywhere

BC said this himself, so lets not waste the forum space by putting different scenarios in play because this is what it is.

Do i sound bitter?? hehehe Mah bad.

If Bosh stays, then expect another bad season. Because we wont have any money left to sign another All-star player. Trades? we dont have potential all star caliber players who can be trade baits. Expiring contracts? Maybe. But unless we find a team dysfunctional enough to accept our 4th tier players for their 2nd to 3rd tier players then well and good, but i doubt it.

Bargs, eventhough some of you might not admit it, has a lot of upside. He's a 7 footer who can slash, take the 3 and block shots. He may not rebound that much but at least he's good for 3-4 a night. That why Bosh thrives playing against him, but not so much the other way around. When Bargs floats around the 3 pt line, he pulls the opposing center away from the basket, and Bosh starts making his living. If you put Bargs alongside a dominant center, he could and the keyword is could, be better than Bosh. He can basically do whatever he wants. He can shoot the 3, slash, stop and pop. He'll run rings around the opposing PF. Even if you put an SF on him, it would take too much out of that SF to guard him. Why has Dirk been so successful? coz Dampier doesnt do anything but rebound and intimidate. That takes it off of Dirk. And he plays mostly on the perimeter so he can easily get the rebound on missed shots. But Bargs, he cant really do that coz Bosh is always on the perimeter.

Comment

LOL, it wouldn't be the first time that happened. Greg Oden looks like he's about to hit his midlife crisis.
                    +1

Ah so true, but looks are in the eye of the beholder and what you may see as as an oft injured middle aged looking guy out there on the court, his opponents see as a defensive monster who will defend the basket like its his own personal property.

Comment

+1

Ah so true, but looks are in the eye of the beholder and what you may see as as an oft injured middle aged looking guy out there on the court, his opponents see as a defensive monster who will defend the basket like its his own personal property.
                      Yeah but he's too injury prone. Time and time again we've seen these big men fall to injuries. Walton, Unseld, Shaq, Yao and now Oden. Its a fact and history proves it.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                        Yeah but he's too injury prone. Time and time again we've seen these big men fall to injuries. Walton, Unseld, Shaq, Yao and now Oden. Its a fact and history proves it.
                        You are probably right. I do feel bad for him because he is such a great talent.

On the other and everyone thought that McDyess and G. Hill's careers were done due to injuries.

Its amazing what the right doctors can accomplish today in extending and resurrecting athletes professional careers.

Comment

+1

That would be great if he didn't have the legs of a motorcycle crash victim.

Comment

That would be great if he didn't have the legs of a motorcycle crash victim.
                            How about a snowmobile crash victim? I can relate from personal experience and 7 operations afterward. My snowmobile lost the battle with the tree and got tangled up in the middle of whole mess. Oh well, all is not bad, at least I didn't pull a Sonny Bono.

Comment

SURE, YOU ARE SO DAMN SMART YOU ALL
                              bargs is our 2nd best player so yes all intelligent people would bench him
                              if bosh is gone he's our best player , so yes you clearly bench him so you confuse the opposing coach and have nobody that can create his own shot , or I'm wrong give jose and hedo the ball let them go 1 on 1 create mismatches and let them shoot those contested jumpers that brought so much success to this team .
                              he 's superman that picks up all the wingplayers who should be guarded by the wing players and pg and he should really no rotate toward the top of the paint so he never guards the penetration .
                              so when he switches and takes on the wing or the guard he is always in the correct position to block out .
                              this has clearly nothing to do with horrendous coaching , no system , constantly switching approaches , and our godlike defensive mastermind HAIL THE KING IVARONI .

ZING ZING ZING
                              Last edited by MaGIX; Wed Apr 21, 2010, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Also, I'm not even sure if Pritchard does an Oden for Durant swap, the guy feels about his whole team how BC feels about Bargs. On second thought both gm's probably reject the trade....does that mean its a good one?

Comment

Working...
                                X