Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KHD wrote: View Post
    I'm confused as to why everyone thinks it makes sense to play Ibaka at the 5 for any extended period of time.

    He's played significant minutes there only in 1 season since 2011, that was in 2013-14 when the Thunder only had Kendrick Perkins and a very raw Steven Adams at that spot.

    If the statistical decline he's gone through is real and not a product of usage, he's nowhere near good enough a rebounder to play next to Patterson there.
    Yeah this is a great point. Ibaka isn't an elite rebounder. Using Ibaka at the 5 is going to create more problems than solve in my opinion.

    Comment


    • Ibaka at the 5 will be like Bebe at the 5.... Great in spurts, but not a long term solution.

      Comment


      • ibaka at the 5 with pat is a small ball lineup. great for spacing and matching other teams small lineups. not sure anyone expects him to play extended minutes there.

        Comment


        • JawsGT wrote: View Post
          ibaka at the 5 with pat is a small ball lineup. great for spacing and matching other teams small lineups. not sure anyone expects him to play extended minutes there.
          Exactly lol. People are out here acting like we want him to be our permanent starting 5. I think we all know it would only be good in spurts and for certain matchups. Now its whether CASEY knows that but I wouldn't bet on it.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

          Comment


          • No one should expect Ibaka to start at C, but him and Pat in the front court is a great defensive lineup, they can switch on to guards or defend the perimeter or the paint. It'll be good against stretch bigs like the Love/Frye combo, but he shouldn't be playing a large amount of minutes there.

            Comment


            • GLF wrote: View Post
              Exactly lol. People are out here acting like we want him to be our permanent starting 5. I think we all know it would only be good in spurts and for certain matchups. Now its whether CASEY knows that but I wouldn't bet on it.
              well, there's a good contingent on here who think Ibaka means you can trade JV and give the reins to Bebe/Jakob, because Ibaka will be playing the 5 a lot. Just saying you really shouldn't count on that and expect it to actually be very effective.

              Now, if Jakob is ready to start next year then that'd be terrific, but I'm highly skeptical of it.

              Comment


              • The hope is that Ibaka at the 5 would be strictly a matchup thing. It may evolve into a closing lineup regardless of matchup, a decision I would disagree with but understand. If it becomes any more than that, I suspect it would struggle to maintain any success it has in smaller doses. Maybe as a twice-a-half transition lineup for a couple minutes, going from the starters to the bench unit and vice versa it would be OK. Would be lethal offensively - might be a good idea for DeRozan-led bench lineups, with Nogueira keeping his role with the Lowry-led units.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • DanH wrote: View Post
                  The hope is that Ibaka at the 5 would be strictly a matchup thing. It may evolve into a closing lineup regardless of matchup, a decision I would disagree with but understand. If it becomes any more than that, I suspect it would struggle to maintain any success it has in smaller doses. Maybe as a twice-a-half transition lineup for a couple minutes, going from the starters to the bench unit and vice versa it would be OK. Would be lethal offensively - might be a good idea for DeRozan-led bench lineups, with Nogueira keeping his role with the Lowry-led units.
                  Yeah, i have no problem with it in the right scenario. i just have zero faith that Dwane Casey is capable of identifying such scenarios with acceptable sensitivity and specificity.

                  Comment


                  • KHD wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, i have no problem with it in the right scenario. i just have zero faith that Dwane Casey is capable of identifying such scenarios with acceptable sensitivity and specificity.
                    THAT'S where the problem lies. I know Casey is going to use Ibaka at the 5 WAY too much and that's when things will fall apart. If he plays Bebe over JV all the time when he shouldn't he's definitely going to do it with Ibaka. Hopefully he proves us all wrong
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                    Comment


                    • GLF wrote: View Post
                      THAT'S where the problem lies. I know Casey is going to use Ibaka at the 5 WAY too much and that's when things will fall apart. If he plays Bebe over JV all the time when he shouldn't he's definitely going to do it with Ibaka. Hopefully he proves us all wrong
                      With any luck, Ibaka's inevitable minutes at the 5 will come at BeBe's expense more than JV's. Well, with a considerable amount of luck, let's say.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • Ibaka and Patterson sound like great mentors for the young guys on the team. With Patterson injured that's something that was probably missing during practice. Now with both Ibaka and Patterson the young guys have two true professionals to learn from.

                        Not to mention, the improvements you should see from Norm, Delon and others. Getting to the rim just got a whole lot tougher, same with decision making.

                        Adding a player like Ibaka really does affect the team in so many different ways.

                        I'm pumped. Someone fast forward to Friday.
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

                        Comment







                        • Comment


                          • tDotted wrote: View Post





                            Ibaka about to shut down the Celtics

                            Comment


                            • tDotted wrote: View Post





                              He already knows to run around in circles waving his arms over his head when he hears Casey screaming "Scramble! Scramble! Scramble!"
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                              Comment


                              • KHD wrote: View Post
                                well, there's a good contingent on here who think Ibaka means you can trade JV and give the reins to Bebe/Jakob, because Ibaka will be playing the 5 a lot. Just saying you really shouldn't count on that and expect it to actually be very effective.

                                Now, if Jakob is ready to start next year then that'd be terrific, but I'm highly skeptical of it.
                                I'm not sure it's a contingent of people but the idea has been discussed.
                                To me, part of the idea is contingent on yaks growth, for sure. Also, that you have a sully type on mle to get boards. Thats $5m + mle for 3 players with different skills at C + Ibaka.
                                Seems there might be 2 x $15m contracts up for grabs between 3 players.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X