Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Wasn't there some proof on Thon Maker showing he was older than he was as a rookie. Some Year Book photo or something?
    Yup, but clearly the yearbook was racist.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      How did this go into racism? People poke fun at Ibaka about it because of his play. He has declined quite a bit since his OKC days and he is only 29. Thats why people poke fun at him about being older than he actually is. I dont see an issue here.
      Yeah I thought they were poking fun of him along these lines or like when Greg Oden entered the league and looked like he was already 30. But hell people are sensitive about a lot of shit these days.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        When it comes to Ibaka's age, it's a league-wide perception....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...repancy-rumors
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Question: Why are you more offended than Ibaka? lol
          Apparently Ibaka isn't that keen on it either. I'll take his word for it.

Comment

Do we really need to explain to you, a seemingly intelligent person, that "African" is not a race?

Ibaka and Lebron are of the same "race". The birth certificate joke only applies to one. Get it?
            Semantics. Africans and African-Americans are going to be subjected to completely different "flavours" of racism.

Comment

• And has Ibaka "declined" all that much? He still gets off the ground pretty damn well. And he might have his best season to date (on a number of measures) if all goes well.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Not to fan the flames, but Serge's letter never really addresses the issue of "when" he was born.

Comment

Well I dont think it would be in the benefit of the Serge Ibaka Corporation Ltd to come out and say "I lied then I'm lying now I'm actually 33"

That kinda thing tends to cost the corporation (each player is a brand) tend of millions of dollars and possible legal trouble.

To be clear: I'm not saying hes lying, but he would never say it, either

Comment

Semantics. Africans and African-Americans are going to be subjected to completely different "flavours" of racism.
                    Thats called discrimination or prejudice and it happens to Chinese, rural white, women, liberals, rich people, short people, skinny people, bald people, guys with mullets...

These days we're losing the harmless joy in teasing people

Comment

Ibaka SHOULD be offended. He knows exactly how old he is.

Random internet poster being offended on Ibaka's behalf, not so much.....you know, because the comment had nothing to do with him.

Comment

And has Ibaka "declined" all that much? He still gets off the ground pretty damn well. And he might have his best season to date (on a number of measures) if all goes well.
                        And that was the point of my 47 joke. He's played really well for 5 games....better than he's looked in recent years. Can his old ass body keep it up for a full season?

Comment

Guess that's just Serge being an SJW.

Comment

Ibaka SHOULD be offended. He knows exactly how old he is.

Random internet poster being offended on Ibaka's behalf, not so much.....you know, because the comment had nothing to do with him.
                            I'm not "random". I had the same type of things being said about me when I was playing basketball because I was born in Africa.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              Guess that's just Serge being an SJW.
                              I ask again, was demar DeRozan exhibiting racism when he playfully and flippantly said "we dont know how old Serge really is"?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I ask again, was demar DeRozan exhibiting racism when he playfully and flippantly said "we dont know how old Serge really is"?
                                I know you don't care to know really, but there are tons of issues between Africans and African-Americans. Maybe racism isn't the right word because we're both "black" but there's a serious cultural difference and lack of understanding between the two groups when it comes to certain issues.

But hey just bundle them all together. Even though you'd make a clear distinction between European whites and American ones.

I don't really have a lot of patience for your type at this stage. I grew up in the western part of Canada and have already had my fill of people with your attitude.

Comment

Working...
                                X