Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    I know you don't care to know really, but there are tons of issues between Africans and African-Americans. Maybe racism isn't the right word because we're both "black" but there's a serious cultural difference and lack of understanding between the two groups when it comes to certain issues.

But hey just bundle them all together. Even though you'd make a clear distinction between European whites and American ones.

I don't really have a lot of patience for your type at this stage. I grew up in the western part of Canada and have already had my fill of people with your attitude.
    Lmao the hypocrisy and ridiculousness of this post.

- you KNOW I don't care
    - assuming i meant because is derozan is black (when I meant hes clearly a non racist friend of Serge and teammate. If jv said it I'd feel the same way)
    - now I'm bundling all BLACKS together (way to veer off topic and call me racist again)
    - you dont have patience for MY type
    - western Canadian, you know me, my people, and my attitude.

You've lost the plot and you're the one discriminating. You dont fucking know me bro.

Done. Suck a big fat bag of dicks and get offended by it you little weenie.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Lmao the hypocrisy and ridiculousness of this post.

- you KNOW I don't care
      - assuming i meant because is derozan is black (when I meant hes clearly a non racist friend of Serge and teammate. If jv said it I'd feel the same way)
      - now I'm bundling all BLACKS together (way to veer off topic and call me racist again)
      - you dont have patience for MY type
      - western Canadian, you know me, my people, and my attitude.

You've lost the plot and you're the one discriminating. You dont fucking know me bro.

Done. Suck a big fat bag of dicks and get offended by it you little weenie.
      Yeah I have a big issue with people who insult groups of people and then try to tell them whether they should be offended or not.

Those type of people aren't needed on this planet.

Comment

Yeah I have a big issue with people who insult groups of people and then try to tell them whether they should be offended or not.

Those type of people aren't needed on this planet.
        Who insulted a group of people other than you and your fear of western canadians? Tool.

Comment

• Hey, how about that basketball, huh?

I'll try to make this conversation inflammatory in a completely different way: want to guess which year of Serge's career is his career low in block percentage?

I'll give you a hint - it's the one where he's a full time C.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Block % isn't really the best indicator of who's protecting the rim well.

It's like total interceptions in football for DBs. Champ Bailey didn't get a lot at his peak because they were too scared to even throw to his side of the field.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Hey, how about that basketball, huh?

I'll try to make this conversation inflammatory in a completely different way: want to guess which year of Serge's career is his career low in block percentage?

I'll give you a hint - it's the one where he's a full time C.
              You didn’t have to bring race into Dan

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Who insulted a group of people other than you and your fear of western canadians? Tool.
                He’s got a point. Us westerners truly exemplify bigotry in every way. We should probably be kicked out of Canada for equality’s sake.

Comment

Block % isn't really the best indicator of who's protecting the rim well.

It's like total interceptions in football for DBs. Champ Bailey didn't get a lot at his peak because they were too scared to even throw to his side of the field.
                  What's the best indicator?
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Whatever is the opposite of what you're saying. That's what.

Comment

• I knew we would find something to argue about. But no way I could have guessed it would be Ibaka's age & racism. lol. This forum is priceless.

Comment

I'm not "random". I had the same type of things being said about me when I was playing basketball because I was born in Africa.
                        You mean to tell me you were picked on at some point in your life for various reasons? What a coincidence? So was I! And likely every single poster on this forum.

Let's start a prayer circle.

Comment

I know you don't care to know really, but there are tons of issues between Africans and African-Americans. Maybe racism isn't the right word because we're both "black" but there's a serious cultural difference and lack of understanding between the two groups when it comes to certain issues.

But hey just bundle them all together. Even though you'd make a clear distinction between European whites and American ones.

I don't really have a lot of patience for your type at this stage. I grew up in the western part of Canada and have already had my fill of people with your attitude.
                          Jesus Christ. You wrongly call people racist, then wonder why the push back is so hard. Give your head a shake, man.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Jesus Christ. You wrongly call people racist, then wonder why the push back is so hard. Give your head a shake, man.
                            Then goes on to say "hey but let's just bundle them all together" like I was saying anything of the sort

And proceeds to use the rest of the post to say he knows who I am because of where I live.

Comment

Would DFG% below 6ft be a better indicator? Serge's best year so far (small sample size alert) at 44.4%

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Would DFG% below 6ft be a better indicator? Serge's best year so far (small sample size alert) at 44.4%
                                That's also a bit problematic because if wings are just letting their man blow by them to the rim that stat could look bad for the big because they simply have to protect too many easy opportunities for the defense. Also it doesn't take into account the "Champ Bailey" effect I mentioned earlier where they just refuse to even attempt a shot against the guy. Think it's a bit better than just using block percentage though.

Comment

Working...
                                X