X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on 2Pat? Is he healthy yet?

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      Learning a single play (ie/ the high PnR) shouldn't be that hard.
      Unfortunately, the first play they'll work on is likely the "Clear out" for when Kyle or Demar have the ball ... Haha Only after Casey has completely neutered Ibaka will they work on the more complex plays in Caseys play-book, like the PnR.
      Last edited by Joey; Tue Feb 21, 2017, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        THREE more off days. Ffs NBA
        Well Thursday we can to see hopefully Siakam tear up the D league for a game, as well as TRoss debut in Orlando which if he scores 25+ points in that game, people on here would go ape shit.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          Well Thursday we can to see hopefully Siakam tear up the D league for a game, as well as TRoss debut in Orlando which if he scores 25+ points in that game, people on here would go ape shit.
          If he is given the starting position moving forward it won't actually surprise me if he becomes a 18+ppg scorer which of course is more ppg than Ibaka but I wouldn't care because we didn't need a SG, we badly needed a PF. Now if by some unbelievable turn of events he goes full "TMac" on us, I think I'd cry.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Any word on 2Pat? Is he healthy yet?
            If he's not back by Friday that means his injury is really serious.. and that would be devastating news.

But the word is he's been doing full practices with the team

Comment

• Who is it going to be on the Raptors?
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Who is it going to be on the Raptors?
                What's the context behind this?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  What's the context behind this?
                  Ibaka has told Russ a thousand times that he does not like pineapple on pizza, but Westbrook just ordered 15 Papa John's XL Hawaiians from the bench for halftime.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• #Rapsarelegit wrote: View Post
                    If you want to know what I think, Ibaka is definitely on the decline. Big decline in advanced metrics for the past 4 consecutive years, namely defensive numbers. Don't give me that crap about him being used wrong in Orlando. He's been on the decline ever since 2014 in OKC. 4 years is enough of a sample size to know he's never going to be as good as he used to be. He does not look as mobile or as athletic as he was in 2014, because injuries have sapped his all-worldly athleticism. I know he's developed a jump shot. But the offense isnt what I'm worried about, it's the defense, where I'm cautiously wary about. He's still better than what we have now and he's still serviceable, to make things clear. But people forget how good he used to be. There's definitely a significant regression, because comparing it to his best years, he's just above average at best. Great weak side shot blocker, meh 1-1 defender. I mean i'm still not happy with this deal, but I can live with it, because we had no other options, besides a guy like Millsap. Ibaka is due for a massive raise and can make up to 30% of the cap as a 8 year vet( under the tier 2 max contract standard/ 7-9 years of exp). 30% of 102 is 30.6. He can command up to a 5/153 kind of deal. Let's be realistic here. Ibaka is getting a 4/100 kind of deal at 25/yr. I would prefer a 4/80 deal, but I don't think he's going to give up 10 million/yr, because that is a huge paycut. This along with the decline makes me meh on this deal at best. Regarding the OP's question, I don't think Ibaka's decline is due to age. If Ibaka is older than his listed age, it's not more than couple of years. At most, I see him as 29-30 years old, instead of 27.
                    I missed this before. I was out on Ibaka before the trade bc I too was worried about the defensive decline and investing loads of money into DMC/Ibaka/Lowry. The price ended up lower than I expected and I've wanted to trade Ross for yrs so I think it is a necessary move. I have some hope that ibakas declined will be mitigated by playing some at 5, provided we have a good rebounder to sub in certain matchups. I think yak will gain 15lbs this summer and he's got the instincts already. He's got a good frame to grow. Siakam also has energy and natural tools on D. Glad he's going D league with the Ibaka move.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      I missed this before. I was out on Ibaka before the trade bc I too was worried about the defensive decline and investing loads of money into DMC/Ibaka/Lowry. The price ended up lower than I expected and I've wanted to trade Ross for yrs so I think it is a necessary move. I have some hope that ibakas declined will be mitigated by playing some at 5, provided we have a good rebounder to sub in certain matchups. I think yak will gain 15lbs this summer and he's got the instincts already. He's got a good frame to grow. Siakam also has energy and natural tools on D. Glad he's going D league with the Ibaka move.
                      I'll just put this out there again but some OKC fans didn't think Ibaka's defence was declining at all, just that it was evolving and he was actually improving his defensive versatility which was helping the team. Having him out on the perimeter and away from the basket more often meant that some of his defensive #'s were taking a hit, but he was actually playing an important role. For a Raptors D that would be better off leaving JV near the basket and making the most of Ibaka's mobility, this is actually good news.

We'll have to see for ourselves.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The Toronto raptors long history of starting PFs include luminaries such as Scola five years after his relevancy, Amir on one ankle, a too green Siakim ... Other than Bosh and Amir most of Toronto's starting power forwards are forgettable. Even if ibaka is on the decline, this is a significant upgrade. Especially when you consider the price of a solid bench player and a later draft pick. It's a decent price for a rental. The real discussion starts after the playoffs if he signs with the Raps. How much is too much for a potentially declining power forward?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          I'll just put this out there again but some OKC fans didn't think Ibaka's defence was declining at all, just that it was evolving and he was actually improving his defensive versatility which was helping the team. Having him out on the perimeter and away from the basket more often meant that some of his defensive #'s were taking a hit, but he was actually playing an important role. For a Raptors D that would be better off leaving JV near the basket and making the most of Ibaka's mobility, this is actually good news.

We'll have to see for ourselves.
                          Well, that's encouraging. I didnt watch them enough and it's a few yrs back to know/remember.
                          JV has still gotta defend the 1/5 PNR. Ibaka can rotate over to help but that leaves his man open. Kyrie/Frye/love. JV has still gotta defend that. Some suggest a more conservative scheme and of course, kl/CJ/DW have to do their job too.
                          We will see. Lots of talk but still no games played to judge.
                          As much as I'm skeptical of JV, I realize the best thing for the team is for him to kill it and DMC to be traded for a decent, cheap return, without sapping good assets.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Ibaka has told Russ a thousand times that he does not like pineapple on pizza, but Westbrook just ordered 15 Papa John's XL Hawaiians from the bench for halftime.

Actual lol. Point to you, sir.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                              I would just like to take a moment and offer my condolences.

R.I.P. "Patterson should be starting"

2015-2017

Though on the other hand, it would be pretty amusing/infuriating if Casey now decides to start PP every game here on out.

A Master Troll move.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• I'm confused as to why everyone thinks it makes sense to play Ibaka at the 5 for any extended period of time.

He's played significant minutes there only in 1 season since 2011, that was in 2013-14 when the Thunder only had Kendrick Perkins and a very raw Steven Adams at that spot.

If the statistical decline he's gone through is real and not a product of usage, he's nowhere near good enough a rebounder to play next to Patterson there.

Comment

Working...
                                X