Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    It’s just a bit of a joke. No need to freak out. I didn’t even say it either, but the point of jokes is to poke fun at reality. You need to look up the definition of racism, because stereotypes are generally not racist.
    Stereotypes on their own are not racist, but repetition of them to the point they become pervasive leads to racism.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Stereotypes on their own are not racist, but repetition of them to the point they become pervasive leads to racism.
      That seems like a very arbitrary distinction.

Comment

I agree. Someone else finding something offensive doesn't obligate you to stop doing or saying it. You can choose to continue to offend them and be an asshole if you like.
        Again, I never said anything about you. So why are you offended?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          I know I'm veering waaaay too far off topic here, but

Keep calling every white conservative a racist vile piece of shit, people. It will really help find common ground and get Trump out of office.
          Didn't call every white conservative racist. So you're just pulling that out of nowhere at the moment.

Comment

• Joey, if you’re reading this, please don’t execute me! I’m only trying to diffuse the situation!

Comment

It was you who made the arbitrary connection between a country known to have shoddy government records, and an entire race of people.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                Joey, if you’re reading this, please don’t execute me! I’m only trying to diffuse the situation!
                When Joey shows up to this thread

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  It was you who made the arbitrary connection between a country known to have shoddy government records, and an entire race of people.
                  It's not just Ibaka that people say this about, Thon Maker got the same. It's a huge stereotype about African players in professional soccer. It's a fucking irritating stereotype that people constantly use against Africans. I'm tired of it.

I'm going to keep voicing my opinion on it because it's not funny to me at all. You can not care that it's offensive to me and others, that's fine, but I'll continue to share my thoughts on it when it's brought up. That's how free speech works.

Comment

It's not just Ibaka that people say this about, Thon Maker got the same. It's a huge stereotype about African players in professional soccer. It's a fucking irritating stereotype that people constantly use against Africans. I'm tired of it.

I'm going to keep voicing my opinion on it because it's not funny to me at all. You can not care that it's offensive to me and others, that's fine, but I'll continue to share my thoughts on it when it's brought up. That's how free speech works.

Comment

Do we really need to explain to you, a seemingly intelligent person, that "African" is not a race?

Ibaka and Lebron are of the same "race". The birth certificate joke only applies to one. Get it?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        When Joey shows up to this thread

Joey

Comment

• How did this go into racism? People poke fun at Ibaka about it because of his play. He has declined quite a bit since his OKC days and he is only 29. Thats why people poke fun at him about being older than he actually is. I dont see an issue here.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            How did this go into racism? People poke fun at Ibaka about it because of his play. He has declined quite a bit since his OKC days and he is only 29. Thats why people poke fun at him about being older than he actually is. I dont see an issue here.
                            And there you go, you’ve just done it. You’ve offended me.

Comment

• Wasn't there some proof on Thon Maker showing he was older than he was as a rookie. Some Year Book photo or something?

Comment

• When it comes to Ibaka's age, it's a league-wide perception....

ESPN's Zach Lowe appeared on Bleacher Report's The Full 48 podcast this week and discussed the matter:

"Look, as uncomfortable as it is to say that, the league, not the league office, teams believe that [Ibaka] is older than his listed age. So whether he is or not, or what are the ethical issues of saying that, I don't know. But it affects the free-agency market for him."
                                https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...repancy-rumors

Comment

Working...
                                X