X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23
    started a topic Everything Serge Ibaka

Everything Serge Ibaka

The Raptors just acquired Serge Ibaka from the Magic for Terrence Ross and a 2017 first round pick.

Welcome to Toronto, Air Congo!
    Last edited by charlesnba23; Tue Feb 14th, 2017, 11:29 AM.

• Bendit
    replied
    Saw a nice Ma Fuzzy episode today...

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    On this father's day, felt like watching Serge "sonning" people at the rim. Here's 13min of it. Happy Fathers Day.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    Congratulations Serge - you won a title before Harden or Westbrook

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Underrated. Serge was huge for us.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Had to go to the 3rd page to find Ma Fuzzy! That's criminal

Just a kid from Congo

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    He really brought it with those blocks down the stretch, protecting the rim and the lead. Even that one elbow extended jumper was extremely timely. Great to see.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

I think Nurse is just playing a hunch that McCaw might know the tendencies of some of his former teammates and/or might have some additional motivation.
    I get the proposed logic. And if McCaw was a similarly talented player to Norm that could tip the scales.

But he ain't.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied

Serge is a lot like Powell. He needs a narrow role and consistency of players around him and more minutes to get into a rhythm. It takes him a while to adapt to changing situations...
    Pretty much nailed it. I've noticed that throughout the season. And Dan's observation about McCaw. Seems like the team has better options, Norm being the preferred one as you suggest.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

That's a very good reason to not like McCaw eating into Powell's minutes.

Another good reason is that McCaw is very bad and should not be playing at all, period. He's fine as a depth piece to get you through the 82 game regular season, but when rotations shorten he should very much not be making the cut.
    I think Nurse is just playing a hunch that McCaw might know the tendencies of some of his former teammates and/or might have some additional motivation.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

Serge is a lot like Powell. He needs a narrow role and consistency of players around him and more minutes to get into a rhythm. It takes him a while to adapt to changing situations. That's why I don't like the idea of McCaw eating into Powell's minutes. Just give them all to Powell.
    That's a very good reason to not like McCaw eating into Powell's minutes.

Another good reason is that McCaw is very bad and should not be playing at all, period. He's fine as a depth piece to get you through the 82 game regular season, but when rotations shorten he should very much not be making the cut.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    It's funny, Serge was sooooo bad for most of this one, then suddenly was incredibly good down the stretch. He's such an anomaly.
    Serge is a lot like Powell. He needs a narrow role and consistency of players around him and more minutes to get into a rhythm. It takes him a while to adapt to changing situations. That's why I don't like the idea of McCaw eating into Powell's minutes. Just give them all to Powell.

Leave a comment:

• suspenders
    replied
    It's funny, Serge was sooooo bad for most of this one, then suddenly was incredibly good down the stretch. He's such an anomaly.
    When he's on, it feels like it's because of him we win a game. When he's off, oh boy it's terrible.

It's sort of like he needs to be involved in scoring and plays in order to "want it".

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X