• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Hmm...

He needs to find another pregame routine

Comment

• How about this probably bad idea I just came up with:
      1. scrap the draft, replace it with a free-agency.
      2. You can't sign these draft players with normal cap space. You can only sign them with draft-pick exception space. These will inevitably be nicknamed things like Barrett Bucks by fans, depending on who the up-and-coming phenoms are. Because describing it as draft pick exception space isn't fun.
      3. There are different ways of acquiring Barrett Bucks. Losing gets you them, but losing close gets you more than losing big. Maybe even once you're eliminated from the playoffs, winning also gives you Barrett Bucks. Maybe attendance bonuses. The idea is to reward little things that are the positives that the NBA wants to encourage in its teams: competitiveness, fan engagement, etc. Getting the balance of incentives right won't be easy.
      4. Space that you don't spend carries over until used, and is totally ignored for all cap/tax purposes until used. It is also tradeable. A team can hoard up a bunch of Barrett Bucks to try and target one guy a few year down the road.
      5. You'd need lots of other little details to prevent abuse of the system, like a minimum number of years so that players and teams don't make wink-agreements to get the player off of the draft space system and onto their regular payroll quickly - or if the contract is two years or less they don't get bird rights.

Comment

• LMAO!!! so his kid takes 50 shots a game?!!!!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          LMAO!!! so his kid takes 50 shots a game?!!!!

This guy actually pulled his son out of high school and off hs team away from his friends so he can put him in lavar boot camp?

This might be the worst thing he's done so far
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            I normally agree with Gundy but this would kill most small market teams who aren't situated next to a Sandy beach. This would also hurt the Raptors as well cause moving to a new country and playing in a cold weather isn't on any high profile rookie's bucket list. Also the teams that cannot improve through the draft, will forever be bad cause that's the only way they can improve as free agency tends to be difficult to attract as well.
            I think this works if you get rid of a max contract, at least for rookies. Virtually every rookie contract is worthwhile, but what happens in a world where Lonzo Ball or Fultz makes 15+ mill a year before stepping foot on a basketball court? I believe it would help competent front offices much more than those in a big market. Makes team building different, can't just tank for good players. How much do you think a team would have given Lonzo on the open market? Rewards smart teams rather than bad teams in team building. Losing then becomes useless.

Hard Cap with no max contract and rookies as free agents is the way to go imo

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Raptors out: Jonas Valanciunas, Bruno Caboclo, Lucas Nogueira
                Raptors in: Andre Drummond

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  This guy actually pulled his son out of high school and off hs team away from his friends so he can put him in lavar boot camp?

This might be the worst thing he's done so far
                  There are 3 likely reasons Ball pulled his son:

Chino Hills was a mediocre team before the Balls went there (which confused hardcore bball heads in Cali).

1/Maybe this is merely a response to the fact that a coach that is under Ball's thumb got fired.

2/ If his son plays high school ball, and he's taking money from a shoe company not owned by Papa Ball (ahem Skechers cough cough) playing high school ball could put him at risk to being investigated and losing that UCLA scholarship.

3/ He's being home-schooled for a better education...

Comment

• I don't think it's anyones place to comment on how he raises his kids. So far he has one in the NBA and one playing D1 ball. I think he is doing a good job.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      I don't think it's anyones place to comment on how he raises his kids. So far he has one in the NBA and one playing D1 ball. I think he is doing a good job.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      Im with you 100%. I have no problems with him. Having a father in the household who pushes his kids and wants what's best for them but still praises them and shows them love is only a good thing in my eyes. Yes he says outrageous stuff a lot of the time but to me he's done a good job with those kids.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                        Raptors out: Jonas Valanciunas, Bruno Caboclo, Lucas Nogueira
                        Raptors in: Andre Drummond
                        My only problem with that is Drummond's salary.

I think he pretty much fits how we use our C, to gobble up rebounds, catch a lob and set hard screens but I don't think the max salary price tag is worth it to me especially in light of the fact, if anything we probably need to trim salary to retain Norm after this year.

Comment

• It's not a season until tenforthewin shows up with his trade "proposals."
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• fuck me if I'm wrong, but looking at the Roster, JV is our only piece that could net us anything useful back. Any other big salaries moved essentially equates to a rebuild
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              fuck me if I'm wrong, but looking at the Roster, JV is our only piece that could net us anything useful back. Any other big salaries moved essentially equates to a rebuild
                              I doubt there will be any real pieces added to this team. If JV is moved, it's probably to save money (for example, if the team underachieves a bit but the team still wants to bring Norm back). I doubt he has enough value on his own in this wacky big man market to really bring back much in way of upgrade.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Norm and OG are probably our best assets right now..add one of those to JV and we can probably bring back something solid.

Don't feel we need to do that kind of a trade, but if a star was available and was willing to go East (say Marc Gasol for example) then I'd probably consider it. However that would mean we would go into tax which is something MLSE would be against.

Comment

Working...
                                X