Future PG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future PG

Joel Embiid seemingly recruiting Kyle Lowry at the Allstar Conference at New Orleans, LO. Lowry doesn't like Casey and if we don't do well in the playoff, I see him bolting or sign a big contract with the Sixers and become their most coveted PG since Iverson. SO if Lowry bolts, which PG will take his mantle and handle the rock. Joseph or Delon. I believe Delon will be a starting caliber PG but maybe in 3-4 years of time. His still young while Joseph, his skills are diminishing. We need a veteran PG who can contribute right away. So who's available in the offseason.

George Hill - The most fit candidate but he might demand more money where we need it to resign Ibaka
    Darren Collison - The most fit candidate but he might demand more money where we need it to resign Ibaka
    Patrick Mills - The most likely candidate but his skills is quite similar to Joseph
    MCW - I believe with a new scenery, he can become a great player again
    Jose Calderon - Do we need him back to bring veteran leadership

Rumour has it the 76ers are interested in Jrue Holiday.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/01/20/...n-free-agency/

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
      Joel Embiid seemingly recruiting Kyle Lowry at the Allstar Conference at New Orleans, LO. Lowry doesn't like Casey and if we don't do well in the playoff, I see him bolting or sign a big contract with the Sixers and become their most coveted PG since Iverson. SO if Lowry bolts, which PG will take his mantle and handle the rock. Joseph or Delon. I believe Delon will be a starting caliber PG but maybe in 3-4 years of time. His still young while Joseph, his skills are diminishing. We need a veteran PG who can contribute right away. So who's available in the offseason.

George Hill - The most fit candidate but he might demand more money where we need it to resign Ibaka
      Darren Collison - The most fit candidate but he might demand more money where we need it to resign Ibaka
      Patrick Mills - The most likely candidate but his skills is quite similar to Joseph
      MCW - I believe with a new scenery, he can become a great player again
      Jose Calderon - Do we need him back to bring veteran leadership
      Good god those guys are all awful point guards except Hill. We'd be a lottery team regardless if Lowry walks
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Delon isn't young.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Good god those guys are all awful point guards except Hill. We'd be a lottery team regardless if Lowry walks
          Damn, right? Give me a jersey, I'll play PG.

I was hoping this thread would propose how to get Paul George.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

What evidence is there for Embiid recruiting Lowry?

I don't even know what Embiid's pitch would be "It's your home town, there's about a 30% chance I can play the season or over 30 minutes a game, our coach isn't Dwane Casey.... yeah"

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              What evidence is there for Embiid recruiting Lowry?

I don't even know what Embiid's pitch would be "It's your home town, there's about a 30% chance I can play the season or over 30 minutes a game, our coach isn't Dwane Casey.... yeah"
              Embiids doin a photoshoot and Lowry walks by and gives him a handshake...Embiid grinning ear to ear goes "thats my next point guard?"

Comment

https://twitter.com/waldersports/sta...74819128508416

Comment

It's been 10 minutes since I saw that video and I'm getting more and more concerned....loud mouth rookie shooting off at the mouth about something that was supposed to be kept hush hush??

Comment

It's been 10 minutes since I saw that video and I'm getting more and more concerned....loud mouth rookie shooting off at the mouth about something that was supposed to be kept hush hush??
                    Making it even less probable. Everyone knows about Lowry being Philly kid, so Embiid took opportunity to gather even more internet karma. Philly steaks are based on Embiid playing, they were in January (10-5), but after he got injured again they are back on track with 3-6 record in February. Any free agent coming to PHI is prioritizing money over winning right now, they are in situation that they success lies in hands of the player that played 31 out of 220 possible career games...

Comment

I'm no mathlete but can't we offer the most money?

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                        I'm no mathlete but can't we offer the most money?
                        I'm pretty sure we're the only ones that can give him the 5th year. But then we're paying a 35 year old Kyle Lowry $30+ million which is actually scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just to clarify if kyle stays we are a lottery team next year

Comment

I realllly don't think KLOE is going anywhere. We can offer a 5th year which no other team can. Over five years, and with a Derozan like discount I believe it will still be more than any other team can offer. Lowry gets so fired up when the team starts playing poorly - could you imagine how heated he will be playing with a bunch of inexperienced kids?

Having said that, IF he were to go home the Raps would be unable to get a top tier player. I think we would still be over the cap territory.

Comment

Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
                              I realllly don't think KLOE is going anywhere. We can offer a 5th year which no other team can. Over five years, and with a Derozan like discount I believe it will still be more than any other team can offer. Lowry gets so fired up when the team starts playing poorly - could you imagine how heated he will be playing with a bunch of inexperienced kids?

Having said that, IF he were to go home the Raps would be unable to get a top tier player. I think we would still be over the cap territory.
                              Right now I totally give it a 50/50 and a lot of that is going to hinge on how we play from here on out. If we can somehow claw back into that 2nd seed and get to a ECF then yes I think he stays because he will have renewed his faith in this team BUT....

Personally I don't see that happening. I think we will improve from how we've played the last 2 months with the return of Patterson and the acquisition of Ibaka but I think we're going to finish 4th because I think we're just going to look sluggish because Casey is just going to run that high PnR to death as usual and teams know that just with Pat and Ibaka knocking down some shots it should make Kyle and DeMar's shots a bit better and hence we should we some games but there will be nights where we look downright terrible too.

Once the Playoffs hit, we keep running that same old high PnR as much as Val just pumpfakes...whistles tighten up, our guys get frustrated instead of playing harder and we're fighting tooth n nail to get through. This year though we don't have a 7th place IND that was pretty much just PG vs the Raptors it will be ATL or WAS. WAS could be just a deadly matchup because Porter will snuff out DeMar and with all that wear n tear of this season, Kyle will be gassing trying to stay in front of Wall while he blows by to pitch out to shooters who Carroll's old knees can't get to and DD is void of defence...oh least we forget WAS has been deadly at home this season besides sweeping us before. Then if we match up with ATL, even if we some how scrap by welcome to the Land, season over so where does that leave Kyle???

Well 1st round elimination and you can bet your ass he's looking elsewhere and 2nd rd against CLE you better be able to sell the hell outta him that we're going to find a 4th good player with the remaining assets because if he wants 1st and 2nd round defeats he can get that in PHI (they will be drastically better next year just watch) except he goes home and can inspire his city. PHI will be roaring even if all they do is get to a 2nd rd BUT I think by year 3 they will be in a ECF and maybe even the Finals (if Embiid can stay healthy I'm serious) where as in TOR getting that far is just a big disappointment with him and the fans wondering how the hell they'll ever get over the hump meanwhile he's outta time.

If I was him and I'm getting big money irregardless...one option is stay up north and possibly never really compete for a ring while you and the fanbase grow increasingly frustrated or go home and be the talk of the league while your team explodes in popularity....I think option 2 sounds a lot more appealing. So again unless really sells him on a 4th "star" to get over the hump I'm really not so sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X