Demar DeRozan is the BEST Shooting Guard in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar DeRozan is the BEST Shooting Guard in the NBA

Seriously, with his only two competitors playing different positions now (Harden PG, Butler SF), Demar is the best SG in the league and its not even close anymore

1) Demar

2) Klay
    3) CJM
    4) Beal
    5) Wade
    Yes
    30.77%
    No
    69.23%
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

This post made me sit and think about how useless defining positions is. Not even trying to criticize, I just spent far too much time trying to figure out how Demar Derozan plays the same position technically as Kyle Korver, and plays a different position from Harden, Butler, Lebron, etc. I never formed a theory.

EDIT: Also, when I find myself doubting Klay I like to watch this lol:
    Last edited by DogeLover1234; Tue Feb 28, 2017, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Harden? Butler?
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

May as well put an asterick next to it* lol

Since we are claiming Butler is a SF due to a technicality, he is no more a "SF" than Powell or Ross who are all 3 CLEARLY shooting guards. So yes he is the best* SG now because the other 2 actual top SGs are being used at a different positions because of weakness in the line up. We only say someone is actually a SG if it's to justify Powell unless he we really believe he's just an undersized SF.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
          May as well put an asterick next to it* lol

Since we are claiming Butler is a SF due to a technicality, he is no more a "SF" than Powell or Ross who are all 3 CLEARLY shooting guards. So yes he is the best* SG now because the other 2 actual top SGs are being used at a different positions because of weakness in the line up. We only say someone is actually a SG if it's to justify Powell unless he we really believe he's just an undersized SF.
          beat me too it

Comment

Harden
            Butler
            DeRozan

Depends how you define "SG" though.

Comment

He is more "shooting" than "guard", but I might be bold enough to call him the most offensively talented one or at least most creative. Butler is a better defender and Harden a better overall play-maker.

Comment

DeMar's offence is definitely the best in the league. Just stay healthy and develop that two-man game with Ibaka and they can do damage in the playoffs.

Comment

Atothe wrote: View Post
                  DeMar's offence is definitely the best in the league. Just stay healthy and develop that two-man game with Ibaka and they can do damage in the playoffs.
                  DeMar's offense is better than Harden's?

Comment

My vote would go to Butler because of his defensive prowess over DeRozan, Klay, Harden, etc. Basketball is played at both ends of the court.

But not to take anything away from DeRozan. He's made huge strides over the past few years. I don't think anyone thought he'd be in serious discussion for "best SG in the league" when we drafted him. Kudos to his drive and work ethic.

Comment

Leading the league is cool and all but I hate that Harden is being called a point guard when he's playing next to the same point guard he has for a few years.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        Leading the league is cool and all but I hate that Harden is being called a point guard when he's playing next to the same point guard he has for a few years.
                        Yah he is still a shooting guard but he handles the ball a lot so people are saying he is a pure pg now.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                          Harden
                          Butler
                          DeRozan

Depends how you define "SG" though.
                          If you define it as "has primarily played SG throughout his career," then Harden and Butler are included. Hell, Harden still plays SG they just run the offence through him - a PG is always on the floor with him. Butler has bumped over because of Wade's arrival, but his natural and most frequently played position is still SG. It's not exactly a knock that the guy can also hold down the SF spot.

DeMar has been great, the best season of his career by far, this thread seems intended to create unneccessary controversy.

I'd still put Harden's offence ahead of DeMar and Butler's overall game ahead of DeMar. But DeMar's been great and there's nothing wrong with being top 5 at your position.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

As far as bbref is concerned, harden has played PG 99℅ this yr.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                              If you define it as "has primarily played SG throughout his career," then Harden and Butler are included. Hell, Harden still plays SG they just run the offence through him - a PG is always on the floor with him. Butler has bumped over because of Wade's arrival, but his natural and most frequently played position is still SG. It's not exactly a knock that the guy can also hold down the SF spot.

DeMar has been great, the best season of his career by far, this thread seems intended to create unneccessary controversy.

I'd still put Harden's offence ahead of DeMar and Butler's overall game ahead of DeMar. But DeMar's been great and there's nothing wrong with being top 5 at your position.
                              Perceptively right-on!

Should really be moved to the "Everything Demar" thread.

With the small ball invasion in vogue the last 2-3 yrs. it is quite futile to label many of the shooters with previously bb dogmatic labels/positions. Use of the term combo-guard and point-forward are examples.

Comment

Working...
                              X