Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Are Raptor's Fans Self-Loathing & Pessimistic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

c-troop wrote: View Post
    Yeah meanwhile sports announcers call Isaiah Thomas "the man" and boost him constantly every time he hits the floor. And even when the celtics are complaining they still find away to brag about all their picks and declare us as an "easy win" and it's pathetic if they lose to us. Meanwhile when we lose, its like it's expected and everyone starts dropping stats.
    Sport announcers
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      Sport announcers
      I should've included the hundred of sports journalists and knowledgeable fans also.

Comment

Here's a few..It's a Toronto thing

Comment

I should've included the hundred of sports journalists and knowledgeable fans also.
          Hundreds... Let's make it millions or simply 90% percent.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

jesus this is one self loathing and pessimistic thread.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              jesus this is one self loathing and pessimistic thread.
              Self-fulfilling prophecy I guess.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I loathe so-called Raptor fans who criticize and stereotype REAL Raptors fans. SAD.

j/k

Comment

We've been through some pretty rough years.

Comment

I think if you aren't a little bit pessimistic about this franchise then you haven't been paying close enough attention for very long. We have a long and storied history of disappointment and failure.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

"self"-loathing? nah, i don't hate myself.

I have lots of cynicism about all the toronto teams, though.

Comment

Loyalty.

We, as people.... are loyal. Were there when we win, where there we we lose. We there come rain, hail, snow.... and even a bright sunny day. We've watched Damon, Vince, T-Mac,Hakeem,Morris, Bosh, Amir, Bargs, Gay, Lowry & DeRozan. We've seen ups & we've seen downs. We've seen it all in a short amount of team except for one thing: THAT RING.

We've seen us go from purple to red.... and even blue. We've seen studs and we've seen busts. We've seen young hopefuls leave and prosper while we have failed. We've seen us target big names & small names, some that have worked out good & bad. We've seen coaches, whether they be mean or joyful. We've seen dunks, handles and players that are horrible. We've seen us hit new highs & even lows. That loss against the Wiz might have been our biggest blow.

But were still here, strong and proud. We are Raptor fans, and boy are we LOUD.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Yeah, but when you talk to Celtics fans, or Bulls fans, or Wizards fans, they have more of a "ride or die" mentality. They understand that every game has to actually be played and I rarely see them pick apart their own weaknesses to death, rather they highlight their strengths and the overall faith level is always high. Even if they are only squeaking into the playoffs they always have their eyes on "the championship".
                          I think there's a difference between talking to opposing fans, and talking to fellow fans.

If I'm talking to a Celtics fan, it's definitely, "we're going to kill you!". But I have no problem talking about what the Raps need to improve on among fellow Raps fans.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I'm either or(optimist or pessimist) depending on the day. But yes I've been to other fan boards in all esports and slumps, bad losses, bad trades etc are horrible times to be around these people lol. And yet strangely it's when things are bad that boards seem to be most popular..
                            Venting is therapeutic.

Comment

Why Are Raptor's Fans Self-Loathing & Pessimistic?
                              Because Toronto sports.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                I think your perspective is warped. Here are some quotes from Celtics fans after our last game:
                                Nail on the head there, Scraptor. Every fanbase is critical of their own players, coaches, GMs and ownership. And fellow fans. To take it even further, have a look at this article by a Spurs blogger. The title pretty much sums it up....

Coach Popovich may be the best coach in the NBA, but he's still overrated

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2012/...-nba-overrated

But this is my favorite part of the article, making the case for why Pop is so overrated. Pure gold...

The bench features Manu freaking Ginobili and Stephen Jackson, two veterans that would start for most teams. Tiago Splitter was a star in Europe and is arguably the best back up center in the league, and a case could be made that Pop has trouble figuring out how to use him. Where Pop's hand comes in is with the other two members of that offensively great bench unit: Matt Bonner and Gary Neal.
                                Last edited by golden; Wed Mar 1, 2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X