Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Are Raptor's Fans Self-Loathing & Pessimistic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    I think if you aren't a little bit pessimistic about this franchise then you haven't been paying close enough attention for very long. We have a long and storied history of disappointment and failure.
    Ultimately this is how I feel. If you've been a Raptor follower/fan since their inauguration being disappointed is par for course.

Lots of low lights in our franchise history here:

T-Mac leaving
    Not allowing to draft Iverson due to expansion draft rule
    Vince missing that shot
    Drafting Hoffa
    Vince asking to be traded and tanking his value
    The Vince trade
    Jermaine O'Neal trade
    Garbajosa injury
    The one and done rule; preventing us from getting KD
    Bargnani
    Hedo
    Helping Miami free up cap space
    Bosh leaving to join Miami with that cap space
    Landry Fields to cock block NY, just to end up without Nash and Landry Fields injury
    Ben Uzoh triple double
    Ross over Drummond
    Rudy Gay debacle
    Nets "wrong side of the court" game 7 loss.
    Wizards sweep

Last year we finally had a good team and got to the ECF.. but we had to deal with the "Brick Brothers" and Lowry's elbow. Even this year our defense went to sh!t before the Serge/Tucker trade happened.. and then now Lowry's wrist is f'ed.

I applaud anyone for staying optimistic through all this crap that we've had to endure as fans. We have a great team.. and I do like their chances. But it's so hard to stay positive all the time.

Comment

I hear you planet Mars, it's another world today compared to season #1. Most people didn't even have the internet in '95. We had 15 versions of John Salmons on that team. Western road trips were not broadcast. We almost lost the team with Alan Slaight. Playing in Skydome. Leo and Doug Smith were the main guys.
      "Raps can't have nice things". Lol.

Comment

some great points made in here. thank you boys for enduring all that bullshit. here's to keeping the winning culture alive among the millenials.

Comment

Because THe R3FS R AGAINST US! FUCK tHE NbA!!?!!11!
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I am no such thing (as a Raptor fan at least). I was optimistic about Bargnani AND Hoffa for crying out loud!

Comment

Man I remember Bargnani's infamous (16?) game stretch where he looked like a legit player...

Comment

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Ultimately this is how I feel. If you've been a Raptor follower/fan since their inauguration being disappointed is par for course.

Lots more. Some of my personal favourites you missed:

- BJ Armstrong refusing to report after the expansion draft
                  - Sam Mitchell fighting players
                  - Paying Mourning $10 million to win a championship somewhere else.
                  - Butch Carter melting down under pressure, going crazy in the playoffs, threatening to sue people, getting fired
                  - Charles Oakley getting into pre-game fights
                  - Getting sued by Nate Huffman
                  - Losing to Maccabi
                  - Vince Carter graduation
                  - the New Era marketing campaign featuring Sam Mitchell, Rob Babcock and Wayne Embry
                  - Chris Childs forgetting the score in a deciding playoff game
                  - Kobe's 81
                  - Being called the Raptors cause of a hit movie

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

T-Mac leaving
                    Not allowing to draft Iverson due to expansion draft rule
                    Vince missing that shot
                    Drafting Hoffa
                    Vince asking to be traded and tanking his value
                    The Vince trade
                    Jermaine O'Neal trade
                    Garbajosa injury
                    The one and done rule; preventing us from getting KD
                    Bargnani
                    Hedo
                    Helping Miami free up cap space
                    Bosh leaving to join Miami with that cap space
                    Landry Fields to cock block NY, just to end up without Nash and Landry Fields injury
                    Ben Uzoh triple double
                    Ross over Drummond
                    Rudy Gay debacle
                    Nets "wrong side of the court" game 7 loss.
                    Wizards sweep

Last year we finally had a good team and got to the ECF.. but we had to deal with the "Brick Brothers" and Lowry's elbow. Even this year our defense went to sh!t before the Serge/Tucker trade happened.. and then now Lowry's wrist is f'ed.

I applaud anyone for staying optimistic through all this crap that we've had to endure as fans. We have a great team.. and I do like their chances. But it's so hard to stay positive all the time.
                    Ugh, I've been to one NBA game in my life and I was at the game where Garbo got injured. In Boston the season the Celtics won 24 games, and the Raptors lose and Garbo kills his leg.

Comment

Why are we pessimistic, insert Wizards Raptors score here.

Comment

Prophetic thread
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                          Prophetic thread
                          Ha.

This is one of the worst teams in the NBA over the course of the franchise's existence, so there's that, too.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                            Prophetic thread
                            My crystal ball says we will make a strong run after these Washington games. The players looked really pissed after this loss and I can't wait to see them bounce back strong.

Comment

Raps fans are the same as all other fans. They see only the bad things and fixate on them figuring the gods of sport are solely conspiring against them. Amidst the flames are some good things.

It sucks that Lowry got hurt but it's not as bad as this injury flaring up on say April 12th.

The GM finally fixed the PF hole with a gem of a pickup and added some badly needed sandpaper on the perimeter defence with Tucker. The lineup, when the all star floor general returns looks really good.

Guys who need some floor time in real situations are getting it.

Raps get to fly under the radar for a bit and get to be dismissed as a contender in the East which seems to fuel their competitive drive come playoff time.

Time for patience and a little optimism Raps fans....revenge is a dish best served cold starting April 15th.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                It sucks that Lowry got hurt but it's not as bad as this injury flaring up on say April 12th.
                                In true pessimistic fashion though, it still might. Lowry's shooting performance in last year's playoffs is not something we can likely overcome again. A wrist injury at this stage is very worrisome.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X