Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Are Raptor's Fans Self-Loathing & Pessimistic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandomGuy
    replied
    c-troop wrote: View Post
    I should've included the hundred of sports journalists and knowledgeable fans also.
    Hundreds... Let's make it millions or simply 90% percent.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Here's a few..It's a Toronto thing

Leave a comment:

• c-troop
    replied
    RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Sport announcers
    I should've included the hundred of sports journalists and knowledgeable fans also.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    Yeah meanwhile sports announcers call Isaiah Thomas "the man" and boost him constantly every time he hits the floor. And even when the celtics are complaining they still find away to brag about all their picks and declare us as an "easy win" and it's pathetic if they lose to us. Meanwhile when we lose, its like it's expected and everyone starts dropping stats.
    Sport announcers

Leave a comment:

• c-troop
    replied
    Yeah meanwhile sports announcers call Isaiah Thomas "the man" and boost him constantly every time he hits the floor. And even when the celtics are complaining they still find away to brag about all their picks and declare us as an "easy win" and it's pathetic if they lose to us. Meanwhile when we lose, its like it's expected and everyone starts dropping stats.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Yeah, but when you talk to Celtics fans, or Bulls fans, or Wizards fans, they have more of a "ride or die" mentality. They understand that every game has to actually be played and I rarely see them pick apart their own weaknesses to death, rather they highlight their strengths and the overall faith level is always high. Even if they are only squeaking into the playoffs they always have their eyes on "the championship".
    I think your perspective is warped. Here are some quotes from Celtics fans after our last game:

I find it very hard to believe there was nothing Ainge could've done to improve this roster. We have so many fucking picks. Toronto will kill us if we make it past the first round
    Team is so incredibly soft. Isaiah played like trash as did everyone else. They didn't care about running any sort of offense, they consistently let the raptors get into them and they responded to their defensive pressure like a bunch of bitches, no other way to put it.

Team needs a reality check. Stop playing so damn soft all the time.
    17 up and we always choke against the dinossaurs , pathetic.

Etc etc etc

Leave a comment:

• Uncle_Si
    replied
    I hate myself and the team when I'm not loving myself and the team.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Not sure Raps fans are any worse in this regard than any other fans. You just notice it more cause you're here all the time and familiar with Raps fans the most.

The one thing I will say is that I have never met more people so insecure, yet with a smug sense of their own superiority, than downtown Torontonians. The Toronto sports media is awful in this respect (guys like Cathal Kelly, Dave Feschuk, Damian Cox and Bruce Arthur would be obvious examples) and there is a little bit of that bleeds into Toronto sports teams fan bases and it can get annoying. The Raps fan base is probably the least infected by that attitude. There is a subset of the Jays fan base that suffers from this malady with a particular virulence.

Leave a comment:

• Ball
    replied
    You ever check on oppopsing team forums?
    I'll admit, I've checked a few times after Raptors have broken their hearts to see their tears. It's kind of entertaining actually lol.

Leave a comment:

• c-troop
    replied
    Ball wrote: View Post
    Eh you've got the optimists and pessimists wherever you go. Been viewing RR since like 2006, the kinds of people I've seen haven't changed really.
    You ever check on oppopsing team forums?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    Hey, just be thankful we're not Nets fans
    Yeah, those 4 guys have it rough

Leave a comment:

• c-troop
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Every fan base has optimists and pessimists. For every negative opinion you see online there's some hopeful person waiting three hours to get into Jurassic Park.
    Yeah, but when you talk to Celtics fans, or Bulls fans, or Wizards fans, they have more of a "ride or die" mentality. They understand that every game has to actually be played and I rarely see them pick apart their own weaknesses to death, rather they highlight their strengths and the overall faith level is always high. Even if they are only squeaking into the playoffs they always have their eyes on "the championship".

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hey, just be thankful we're not Nets fans

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    I'm either or(optimist or pessimist) depending on the day. But yes I've been to other fan boards in all esports and slumps, bad losses, bad trades etc are horrible times to be around these people lol. And yet strangely it's when things are bad that boards seem to be most popular..

Leave a comment:

• Ball
    replied
    Eh you've got the optimists and pessimists wherever you go. Been viewing RR since like 2006, the kinds of people I've seen haven't changed really.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X