Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's our best/most reliable 3pt shooter now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's our best/most reliable 3pt shooter now?

Ross is now in Orlando. Lowry out for the year. Who's the the most reliable 3pt shooter on this team now? Ibaka? Carroll? lol.

We have 3 PG's who can't shoot smh. A stretch 4 who's up and down with his shooting and always struggles shooting the ball in the clutch. And Powell who's completely lost his offensive game for whatever reason.
    Mamba Mentality

Every 3 point shooter we have right now is a what I would characterize as open three point shooters for those types of fellows ball movement is critical to get open. Kyle and even Terrance to some extent could put the ball on the floor to create space to get there shots off. Both these guys could also could hit contested shots. To hit the the three we need to create open shots for our remaining players that have range.

Comment

I would almost have to say DeRozan at this point, he's the only person I have confidence in to make shots besides maybe Ibaka
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
        Every 3 point shooter we have right now is a what I would characterize as open three point shooters for those types of fellows ball movement is critical to get open. Kyle and even Terrance to some extent could put the ball on the floor to create space to get there shots off. Both these guys could also could hit contested shots. To hit the the three we need to create open shots for our remaining players that have range.
        This. The only 2 guys we had that could create their own long range shot are not on the team currently.

Ibaka is a good spot up shooter from range, carroll is not bad, and patterson will suck for 2 games, then hit 4-7 mostly when the game isn't tight to keep his % respectable.

Yeah its bad, we need lowry back (powell ain't cutting it either)
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
          I think the idea you're talking about is a "rhythm" shooter. A guy who needs his feet and knows that he's a first or second option on the play. Those type of guys need a Bud or Pop type of structured and predictable offensive sets. Carroll is a perfect example of this. If he even takes 2 small steps to get his feet set, his shot is off.

Comment

Jason Kapono
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              I think the idea you're talking about is a "rhythm" shooter. A guy who needs his feet and knows that he's a first or second option on the play. Those type of guys need a Bud or Pop type of structured and predictable offensive sets. Carroll is a perfect example of this. If he even takes 2 small steps to get his feet set, his shot is off.
              We say this a lot, but overall the %'s of the 3-pt role players on this team are fine. Patterson and Carroll, for example, have some year-to-year variation but generally produce very similarly to what they did pre-Toronto.

Comment

Ibaka looks like the only one who wants the ball on the perimeter. I've seen Norm and Delon and Patterson pass up open looks a lot. Maybe a confidence issue. But Ibaka is that guy who needs to get hot from outside early to make a big impact through out the second half of the season.

Comment

c-troop wrote: View Post
                  Ibaka looks like the only one who wants the ball on the perimeter. I've seen Norm and Delon and Patterson pass up open looks a lot. Maybe a confidence issue. But Ibaka is that guy who needs to get hot from outside early to make a big impact through out the second half of the season.
                  Patterson since his initial injury has been shooting three's in the low 20%'s on the road but is around 40% at home, I was hoping he'd come through tonight.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Patterson since his initial injury has been shooting three's in the low 20%'s on the road but is around 40% at home, I was hoping he'd come through tonight.
                    He's either red hot or ice cold. Personally, I'd like to see him play bigger and throw it down more when his shots not falling instead of getting down on himself. He's big enough to be able to make an impact inside and outside.

Comment

At this point we might as well throw Bruno out there and have him huck 3s
                      OG is our king

Comment

Ibaka, I think. Which is bad.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Oh well it is what is. We took offense for granted.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                            At this point we might as well throw Bruno out there and have him huck 3s
                            If we ran actual plays for Bruno & he knew his shot better (His timing is getting closer, but his shot just looks off at times), I'd have no issue implementing him & seeing if that would help us. He's good enough to play at least 10 minutes of NBA action a night at this point.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              If we ran actual plays for Bruno & he knew his shot better (His timing is getting closer, but his shot just looks off at times), I'd have no issue implementing him & seeing if that would help us. He's good enough to play at least 10 minutes of NBA action a night at this point.
                              I'm a Bruno fan but I don't think he's ready for this team, right now. I think he's ready for 10 mins on the Nets.
                              Last night Casey subbed the 905 on with 1.5mins left. If I'm masai, I definitely putting that in my reasons to fire list. Also that DD and Lowry play so many mins. It's an injury risk, growth stagnation and waste of assets.

Comment

Working...
                              X