Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's our best/most reliable 3pt shooter now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

c-troop wrote: View Post
    He's either red hot or ice cold. Personally, I'd like to see him play bigger and throw it down more when his shots not falling instead of getting down on himself. He's big enough to be able to make an impact inside and outside.
    You see him do this effectively once and a while and I agree it should be more of a staple of his game.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
      I think the idea you're talking about is a "rhythm" shooter. A guy who needs his feet and knows that he's a first or second option on the play. Those type of guys need a Bud or Pop type of structured and predictable offensive sets. Carroll is a perfect example of this. If he even takes 2 small steps to get his feet set, his shot is off.
      I like the terminology you used there and although we do not have a Atlanta/spurs type of a offense with kyle and demar we have sorta a poor man's LbJ effect in that they draw a double team which creates a rhythe opportunity for our secondary shooter sometimes with one pass but usually better with two. I saw a vid of how one reporter noticed how our efficient offensive earlier in the year has been scouted and defenses prepared to take them away. Some were plays were DC was involved as the shooter.

Comment

Where can we find stats on how our players shoot in open shot situations vs. off the dribble? Because I'm guessing we're not great either way. The Knicks game I saw Ibaka and 2Pat take quite a few wide open 3's and some were down right ugly. I'm not sure if it's a situation where there is an issue with the system or if it's an issue of not having good shooters.

Comment

It's Ibaka. He's shooting 45% from deep with 2 makes.

Those percentages are going to come back down though. The two players that need to start hitting threes are Powell and Carroll. They're the only wing shooters right now

Comment

At this point, it's not even about capable shooters, it's about guys that will actually take the shot. Too many times guys are passing up open looks. Just shooting will help keep the defense honest. If they know you're not gonna take it, they just play off you and that's that.

Shoot the fcking ball!!!!!
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

It's not just about percentage. We need more attempts from our guys.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
              X