• Show
Clear All

Cleveland
    Boston
    Toronto
    Washington

Comment

yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      If we dont get into the top 3, or the cavs dont fall to second. This season is a wash imo
      The one upside of having to face the Cavs early is Love might not be back yet, or very early in his return (and out of rhythm/shape). So, ideally, yeah, you worry about them in the ECF, but if it comes down to facing them earlier, there is at least a potential silver lining.

The success of this season won't be decided by the standings entering the playoffs. We have yet to see just how good this team can be with Lowry/Ibaka/Tucker all playing.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Cleveland
        Boston
        Toronto
        Washington
        This is how I see it shaking out. WAS should cool down with all their road games, and if the Raps can keep fighting for the next couple weeks, when Lowry gets back they should be able to ride out the stretch in good form. All they have to do is tie the Wiz to take that 3rd seed.

Also, I really want to face BOS in the second round. Not because they are a weak opponent to improve our chances of winning (bring on all comers), but because they are this media-hyped mediocre team that needs a good thrashing at our hands to show them they lucked into that 2nd spot.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
          I really think we can beat the cavs. This team is built to handle the cavs very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          We need Lowry to play well in order to do that. Hoping he is able to come back early, healthy, and get some reps before the playoffs because if his shot is off, it's going to be tough keeping up with the Cav's.

Comment

At this point in time my preference would be an easier round 1 match up.. and then worry about round 2 or 3 later. The team I would love to avoid is Indiana. George can stop DD no problem.. and if Kyle is still hurt, I'd hate to face them despite having Ibaka now. I'd like my chances against Detroit or Atlanta though.

Atlanta will get the 5th seed. I don't see them dropping to 6th or even 7th. The 6/7 seed is a toss up though. What I'm saying is I'd prefer to see the Raptors at 4th to avoid having to play Indiana. Even if they might play Detroit if they get to the 3rd seed.

Lebron is at a different level when the playoffs start, but that team seems so vulnerable right now. Getting them early (like round two) may not be bad. But I've felt for a while that Cleveland will not end up the #1 seed when it's done. My guess is it will shake down like this:

1. Boston
            2. Cleveland
            3. Toronto
            4. Washington
            5. Atlanta
            6. Indiana
            7. Detroit
            8. Miami

... just because the Raptors never get it easy.

Essentially from the poll perspective I think Boston catches Cleveland; Toronto catches Washington; and I stay miserable because we have to play Indiana in round 1.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              The one upside of having to face the Cavs early is Love might not be back yet, or very early in his return (and out of rhythm/shape). So, ideally, yeah, you worry about them in the ECF, but if it comes down to facing them earlier, there is at least a potential silver lining.

The success of this season won't be decided by the standings entering the playoffs. We have yet to see just how good this team can be with Lowry/Ibaka/Tucker all playing.
              In some ways the success of this season, for me, is in the players we traded for and the line up we could be going into next season with. With the Lowry injury we may not see how good this roster can be, until next season. With our cap situation we are officially all in, are we not?

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I was thinking this as well BUT the same thing COULD be said about Lowry as well. If he has a setback in his rehab and we've got to face CLE in the 2nd round? Forget it.

Just being cautiously pessimistic.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                  Boston's schedule is not difficult here on out. 11 of their last 17 are at home, including a 6-game homestand, and it isn't exactly a murderer's row of opponents.

WSH's schedule is tough. Only 6 homes games left vs. 13 on the road, including another 5-game swing out West.

I still think the Raps catch WSH.
                  The caveat with Washington - their road record looks bad because they started the year terribly on the road. Since Jan. 1 they're 10-5 on the road.

I still think the Raps can catch Washington and have a decent chance at catching Boston. I think both those teams overachieved the last couple of months and are due to lose some momentum.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                  X