No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one is expecting fans to wear them the whole time.

Man they're really pushing this Huskies thing though.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• ..... Big Shout-Outs and Mad-Respect to everyone in this Forum from a first time poster !!!

First .... Thank God it's game day ... the Olympics were a nice distraction and made the summer fly by faster.
      Second .... As much as he isn't ready and won't be for a long time I hope Siakam gets the start ... just consider it. It's easier for our starters to accommodate and play through his deficiencies while he learns. Last thing I want to see off the bench is a unit that includes Joseph, Powell, God knows which T.Ross that shows up (the bad one or the good one), Siakam and Poeltl / Nogueira ... I know even Casey wouldn't do that right ??? ---- If I could cry on the forum, you'd see me doing it now!!

Comment

• This team has me flabbergasted.

With so many young and controllable assets I see Masai trying to make a move by the trade deadline.

I don't think he's content looking at the lebron factor as the raptors ceiling.

As for tonight's game, it should be a W. The pistons back court is horrific. Their forwards are large, but none of them can defend and few of them can shoot.

Every time we play Detroit I get sad we didn't get Morris or Harris...
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
          This team has me flabbergasted.

With so many young and controllable assets I see Masai trying to make a move by the trade deadline.

I don't think he's content looking at the lebron factor as the raptors ceiling.

As for tonight's game, it should be a W. The pistons back court is horrific. Their forwards are large, but none of them can defend and few of them can shoot.

Every time we play Detroit I get sad we didn't get Morris or Harris...
          I don't see Masai making a significant move by the deadline. He's been touting the party line of development while winning since the Rudy Gay trade. It would be an unexpected about-face for him to go all-in because of the aforementioned LeBron Factor.

I can't shake the feeling that Tobias Harris was there to be had. Oh well. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Carroll can stay healthy longterm, especially if he's tasked with banging with bigger PF's in smallball lineups.

Comment

• Masai will make a move if and when there is a move to be made. You need a dance partner. He's not going to lose a trade in desperation.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
              Also appears to be less and less SGs that can't shoot.
              Except said SG can be effective against every matchup. JV is more effective when he's playing a center like him. He's less effective playing against the stretch bigs and these hybrids that can do both.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Also, what better way to celebrate the start of the season and at the same time welcome Pro Line back into our lives than betting on Props for the Raptors game.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Except said SG can be effective against every matchup. JV is more effective when he's playing a center like him. He's less effective playing against the stretch bigs and these hybrids that can do both.

Every matchup? Like, say, Paul George? I could swear I saw DeRozan struggle against Paul George at some point. No idea when though. Extend that to basically any long, disciplined wing defender - Otto Porter did a great job on DD for Washington the year before, and Winslow and the gang gave him fits against MIA.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    The issue is that there is less and less of those type of bigs.

I dont know what this mean....the C position is probably the deepest it's been in 15-20 years and most of them are true Cs.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Every matchup? Like, say, Paul George? I could swear I saw DeRozan struggle against Paul George at some point. No idea when though. Extend that to basically any long, disciplined wing defender - Otto Porter did a great job on DD for Washington the year before, and Winslow and the gang gave him fits against MIA.
                      You beat me to it. The formula to making life difficult for DeRozan is fairly straight-forward. So long as the defender is long enough to contest his shots, and disciplined enough to not reach in when he goes into his eurostep move or stay down when he starts pumpfaking, they'll be able to frustrate him. You can hear opposing benches yelling "Stay down!" or something to that effect when he's isolating. He got an offensive reprieve against JR Smith in the conference finals, but the Cavs bludgeoned them anyway by raining in 3s.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        I for one am glad to see most of the usual suspects floating around here. I hope you all had a nice Derozan and are ready for five more DeRozans of DeRozan. What a time to be a DeRozan of the DeRozan DeRozans.

Oh my derozan i think im having a derozan
                        Are you aladeen or aladeen?
                        Last edited by hotfuzz; Wed Oct 26, 2016, 04:03 PM.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• OK, first crack at what I think the rotation should look like with Sully out (I've got Nogueira's name in there but assume that you just sub Poeltl or Siakam straight in for him while he is out). I've put Ross in there, but Ross or Powell can be used interchangeably depending which end you need help on at the time and who he/they have to guard.

To simplify, I've constructed two quarters of rotation, which will be replicated in each half. Times are approximate and will depend on timeout use, but for example the 7 minute and 9 minute mark ones rely on the standard official's timeout at the first stoppage after 6 and 9 minutes.

1st Q:
                          KL-DD-DC-PP-JV (5 minutes)
                          5 minutes in:
                          KL-TR-DD-DC-JV (2 minutes)
                          7 minutes in:
                          CJ-TR-DD-DC-JV (2 minutes)
                          9 minutes in:
                          CJ-TR-DD-PP-LN (3 minutes)
                          2nd Q:
                          KL-CJ-TR-PP-LN (5 minutes)
                          5 minutes in:
                          KL-TR-DD-PP-LN (2 minutes)
                          7 minutes in:
                          CJ-DD-DC-PP-JV (2 minutes)
                          9 minutes in:
                          KL-CJ-DD-DC-JV (3 minutes)

Repeat in the 2nd half.

Results in:
                          PG: Lowry 34; Joseph 14
                          SG: DeRozan 14, Joseph 16, Ross 18
                          SF: Carroll 14, DeRozan 24, Ross 10
                          PF: Patterson 34, Carroll 14
                          C: Valanciunas 32, Nogueira 16

Totals:
                          Lowry 34
                          DeRozan 38
                          Carroll 28
                          Patterson 34
                          Valanciunas 32
                          Joseph 30
                          Ross 28
                          Nogueira 16

If Nogueira/Poeltl are struggling, JV can take on a couple more minutes at any time. Carroll gets a lot of time at PF, so I cut his SF time way down, which will be trouble against big wings, but the times he's at SF are all starter stretches, so he should still be taking about half of the tough wing coverage. Heavy minutes for PP, but I don't see much way around that. Maybe Siakam can buy some time in the late 1st/early 2nd with a bench unit for a couple minutes a half.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            I dont know what this mean....the C position is probably the deepest it's been in 15-20 years and most of them are true Cs.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                            Thier not all low post centers and can't guard the perimeter.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Comment

• Dan, I think the odds of Carroll playing less than 30mpg are close to zero.

Grange wrote:
                                Raptors notes: Casey says Carroll could be in for big minutes at 4 if Siakam falters; no word on who is starting for Sullinger ...

Comment

Working...
                                X