Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Can someone tell me why cojo plays crunch time? He is continually blown by and isn't good offensively. Just give powell most of his minutes already he should only get 12 min to spell lowry.

No rim protection, stars playing like shit, no perimeter d..this is getting very reminiscent of the 2015 stretch drive..hope we get this shit figured out soon
    I'll say it again....Corey needs to be traded to allow Delon to play and to find someone who will be of better use to our team.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      I'll say it again....Corey needs to be traded to allow Delon to play and to find someone who will be of better use to our team.
      Won't even matter. Once Casey gives him that "dribble-dribble, and.. SCORE!" role card, he's toast too.

Comment

• Well, Spurs next.

The last time we lost 4 games in a row... vs Wizards in the playoffs.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
          Agreed. I found cojo overrated even last year, theres a reason pop and the spurs cut him loose, they had patty Mills.

Cojo is an decent backup pg basically because he handles the ball well. He is most definitely not a good combo guard getting 6th man minutes. Until a trade comes, put him at 12 minutes rather than 25, spread those minutes between powell ross hell maybe give wright a look, but ffs casey never shows enough balls to reduce minutes of certain guys. Jv, powell, the rookies and ross are the only guys he does anything to disciplinary
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            Other than the defence I'm more so disappointed with our fight. I'm seeing none of it lately. We are giving up and playing with no effort or energy and it starts with Kyle. He's been bad as of late and it's rubbing off on the rest of the guys. Also the way Cory has fallen off of defence is very surprising. He was so good last season on that end. It's crazy how easy he's getting blown by now.
            The raps highest paid player by a long shot has never prioritized defence. He has never priotized improving at defence. All while not being able to defend his position. And he has never been asked to take responsibility defensively while at the same time being given pretty well unlimited opportunity offensively. What does that demonstrate to the other players?

Comment

• Buldenholzer must be licking his lips right now thinking "I'm about to "Masai" Masai Ujiri"

Comment

• What i don't understand is, they keep saying they're high on Wright, if that's the case then you have to move Joseph........right?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  What i don't understand is, they keep saying they're high on Wright, if that's the case then you have to move Joseph........right?
                  One would hope so
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Missed the 2nd half... what happened..

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      What i don't understand is, they keep saying they're high on Wright, if that's the case then you have to move Joseph........right?
                      Masai maybe, but obviously Casey is not.

Trade Corey and force Casey's hand, I'm sure he would stubbornly give FVV his shot play Lowry Mini Me but would work some minutes in there for Delon, at which point Wright will prove he belongs on the floor as first back up PG.

It will be a pleasure to see the ball whiz around when Delon is creating and dishing out to one of Norm, Ross or Patt to nail 3s, jumpers and maybe even some alleyoops on opposing teams' heads.

Comment

• Jeez, what a bad week. Not sure what the heck Joseph was doing out there in the 4th. Not sure why Jonas got benched. Definitely not sure what the heck the Raps were thinking high hedging on their quick guards. Disastrous close to a rough game. Ugh.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Jeez, what a bad week. Not sure what the heck Joseph was doing out there in the 4th. Not sure why Jonas got benched. Definitely not sure what the heck the Raps were thinking high hedging on their quick guards. Disastrous close to a rough game. Ugh.
                          pound the rock

Comment

• i was so excited to make another game thread too
                            OG is our king

Comment

• Listen, if you can't beat teams like the Sixers and Suns because you don't have "Patrick Patterson" then you're in deep trouble lol.

The real issue defensively is the guards are getting beat off the dribble pretty easily. And when they get beat they have no rim protection inside whatsover. It has nothing to do with Patterson.

Kemba Walker DESTROYED Kyle Lowry a couple of days ago in Charlotte. 32 points in 3 quarters. Drew Bledsoe did the same thing tonight. 40 points. Are you kidding me?

To me it's about EFFORT. You have to keep your man in front of you. It's pretty simple.

Offensively, the Raptors need DeRozan and Lowry to play at a high level EVERY GAME to win. And that is an issue. When they don't play well(like tonight) they usually lose. They need a 3rd guy or a consistent 3rd scorer. They don't have that.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Every time we lose a game, people start talking about trades.

Comment

Working...
                                X