Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TRex wrote: View Post
    Offensively, the Raptors need DeRozan and Lowry to play at a high level EVERY GAME to win. And that is an issue. When they don't play well(like tonight) they usually lose. They need a 3rd guy or a consistent 3rd scorer. They don't have that.
    The system, as it's designed, is not meant for a third scorer. As Dan, we do have a capable third scorer. His name is JV.

    Our system is purely designed for Lowry and Demar to score. It's designed for them to either attack the rim or get them open for jumpers. Everyone else sacrifices their strengths to get them there. So predictably, when they struggle, the whole team struggles. There needs to be philosophical shift among the team from "look to demar and lowry" to making the right play and that starts at the top, with Casey. He has to come down hard on his stars.
    "Stay steamy"

    - Kobe

    Comment


    • Abbas wrote: View Post
      anyway i can fix the title ?
      Fixed for you....
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

      Comment


      • hotfuzz wrote: View Post
        The system, as it's designed, is not meant for a third scorer. As Dan, we do have a capable third scorer. His name is JV.

        Our system is purely designed for Lowry and Demar to score. It's designed for them to either attack the rim or get them open for jumpers. Everyone else sacrifices their strengths to get them there. So predictably, when they struggle, the whole team struggles. There needs to be philosophical shift among the team from "look to demar and lowry" to making the right play and that starts at the top, with Casey. He has to come down hard on his stars.
        A good example was seeing Sullinger in the corner, spreading the floor for DeMar (sans Lowry). Yet Sully's strengths are his crafty moves and soft touch around the basket, and excellent offensive rebounding. It was sad to see DeMar brick a long 2 and then have Sully try to come all the way from the corner to try to grab the rebound, because it is his natural instinct to go for the rebound. Especially for a Raps team that needs rebounding. He missed of course, starting a Suns fast break with Sully lagging far behind out of position.

        As you point out, it's an example of putting other players in a position to fail in order to put Kyle and DeMar in the best position to maximize their offense.

        Comment


        • rocwell wrote: View Post
          Well, Spurs next.

          The last time we lost 4 games in a row... vs Wizards in the playoffs.
          Ouch, thanks for that reminder.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

          If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

          Comment


          • DanH wrote: View Post
            Jeez, what a bad week. Not sure what the heck Joseph was doing out there in the 4th. Not sure why Jonas got benched. Definitely not sure what the heck the Raps were thinking high hedging on their quick guards. Disastrous close to a rough game. Ugh.
            I think we both know why those things happened because those things have happened many times before.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

            If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

            Comment


            • DanH wrote: View Post
              They don't have a third scorer? Sure they do, they just don't use him. JV has scored in double figures in all of the past three losses, averaging 12 points on less than 10 shots (2 per game of which come off his own rebounds).

              Sorting games by JV's usage rate, the Raptors have won his top 6 usage games, 13 of his top 15, and 16 of his top 19. In games where JV has had a usage of 17% or less (not including games he hasn't played in), the Raptors are 7-10. And no, it's not generated by him rebounding better - 13 of his 26 games above 17% usage he has an offensive rebound rate at or below his season average - in other words, his usage is not tied to him rebounding the ball and getting his own shots.

              They have a third scorer.

              I agree that the defence is the issue right now, and no one is looking good out there. I long for the days of the conservative scheme, those high hedges are driving me nuts.
              I don't know what you're talking about Dan. The team gives JV plenty of opportunities. #Alternativefacts
              "Stay steamy"

              - Kobe

              Comment


              • Abbas wrote: View Post
                nope, its a old meth that if you fuck up a title of a game thread, your team always wins


                You sir are Welcome.

                The meth checks out.
                It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

                Comment


                • OG is our king

                  Comment


                  • Send help.



                    Or just please get a W tomorrow

                    Comment



                    • Comment


                      • rocwell wrote: View Post

                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • DanH wrote: View Post
                          They don't have a third scorer? Sure they do, they just don't use him. JV has scored in double figures in all of the past three losses, averaging 12 points on less than 10 shots (2 per game of which come off his own rebounds).

                          Sorting games by JV's usage rate, the Raptors have won his top 6 usage games, 13 of his top 15, and 16 of his top 19. In games where JV has had a usage of 17% or less (not including games he hasn't played in), the Raptors are 7-10. And no, it's not generated by him rebounding better - 13 of his 26 games above 17% usage he has an offensive rebound rate at or below his season average - in other words, his usage is not tied to him rebounding the ball and getting his own shots.

                          They have a third scorer.

                          I agree that the defence is the issue right now, and no one is looking good out there. I long for the days of the conservative scheme, those high hedges are driving me nuts.
                          I KNEW they couldn't have been following Greer's defensive system. Because I cant believe Biz was THAT important to our defence. Why would Casey change it up when they system was working fine. Smh. He's such an idiot man. And I also don't understand why we took JV out either. Bebe was playing well and shit but things went completely south when JV hit the bench.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                          Comment


                          • rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Send help.



                            Or just please get a W tomorrow
                            Stock of antidepressants is rising among Raptors Republic posters.

                            Comment


                            • psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              Stock of antidepressants is rising among Raptors Republic posters.
                              Antidepressants do not work for me. Jack bottle + Coke though...

                              Comment


                              • GLF wrote: View Post
                                I KNEW they couldn't have been following Greer's defensive system. Because I cant believe Biz was THAT important to our defence. Why would Casey change it up when they system was working fine. Smh. He's such an idiot man. And I also don't understand why we took JV out either. Bebe was playing well and shit but things went completely south when JV hit the bench.
                                at the end of the day if Dwane is going to continue to let guards off the hook on D, and force our bigs into hedging above the 3pt line, we are going to continue to get shredded by PnR.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X