No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patterson will not be starting. I was hoping Pat would come back before they gave Sully the start. But now that Sully has been inserted into the starting lineup Patterson is done for. So get used to the Bebe and Pat lineups that couldnt rebound if their life depended on it. Sully just doesn't fit with JV. I don't understand why Casey is soooo hard headed when it comes to starting Pat. It's actually starting to piss me off
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      Patterson will not be starting. I was hoping Pat would come back before they gave Sully the start. But now that Sully has been inserted into the starting lineup Patterson is done for. So get used to the Bebe and Pat lineups that couldnt rebound if their life depended on it. Sully just doesn't fit with JV. I don't understand why Casey is soooo hard headed when it comes to starting Pat. It's actually starting to piss me off
      I don't understand it either......Sully and JV are slow footed but are great rebounders. Bebe and PPatt are quicker and better defenders but cannot rebound very well. Why are we trying to force square pegs into round holes? Put JV and PPatt together because we know they match almost perfectly and give Bebe and Sully a chance to play together more as i believe they cover up each other's weaknesses as well. Sigh.....I hope we're not doing it because we promised Sully the starting gig.....I really hope not.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        So I didn't get to see the game so ... did my prediction here come true?
        Sort of true. Powell mostly got his shots up steals and being aggressive in transition, not from isos or off screens.

Everybody else was indeed in their role.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
          I don't understand it either......Sully and JV are slow footed but are great rebounders. Bebe and PPatt are quicker and better defenders but cannot rebound very well. Why are we trying to force square pegs into round holes? Put JV and PPatt together because we know they match almost perfectly and give Bebe and Sully a chance to play together more as i believe they cover up each other's weaknesses as well. Sigh.....I hope we're not doing it because we promised Sully the starting gig.....I really hope not.
          Casey putting 2 forks and 2 spoons together. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
            It's basically identical to last year with Scola and Biz, unfortunately. Right from the start it was obvious Scola would fit better with the bench, provide some rebounding (with Ross at SF can always use more rebounding) and playmaking to help Joseph out, while Biz could cover his weaknesses defensively in ways JV couldn't. And Pat could space the floor for the starters and with his solid defence cover up for JV's limitations on that end.

So, maybe midway through the first round we'll see these obvious lineups?
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              It's basically identical to last year with Scola and Biz, unfortunately. Right from the start it was obvious Scola would fit better with the bench, provide some rebounding (with Ross at SF can always use more rebounding) and playmaking to help Joseph out, while Biz could cover his weaknesses defensively in ways JV couldn't. And Pat could space the floor for the starters and with his solid defence cover up for JV's limitations on that end.

So, maybe midway through the first round we'll see these obvious lineups?
              There are some who would argue that you should start Bebe-Sully and then bring JV-Pat off the bench.......... boom.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                There are some who would argue that you should start Bebe-Sully and then bring JV-Pat off the bench.......... boom.
                Who would argue that? And why?
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    He's trying to get some good coaching, can't blame him

Comment

• RT this lads

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        RT this lads

I think a lot of raptor fans need mental health initiatives today

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          Patterson will not be starting. I was hoping Pat would come back before they gave Sully the start. But now that Sully has been inserted into the starting lineup Patterson is done for. So get used to the Bebe and Pat lineups that couldnt rebound if their life depended on it. Sully just doesn't fit with JV. I don't understand why Casey is soooo hard headed when it comes to starting Pat. It's actually starting to piss me off
                          Coach keeps reminding me why I wanted him gone a long time ago

Comment

• It's not that hard to imagine that Masai is asking the coach to make sure that Sully starts. Remember Sully gave up more money to come to Toronto. There may have been an incentive to do that in the form of a promise made. I recall Scola also saying in an interview that he came to Toronto to start.

Could be that these potential promises are the edge that allows MU to sign these vets to our roster. Truth is that they probably have quite a few options and more money available to them when they are making their decisions.

Comment

• Game 46: Toronto Raptors 99 - Memphis Grizzlies 101

The Raptors are coming off a home loss to the Spurs and have lost three straight on the second half of b2b. We'll face well-rested Memphis Grizzlies which had enough time to think about their most lopsided loss of the season vs Houston.

"We're back into playing a lazy man's defense, and we shortcut it and not do our jobs with urgency," Fizdale told reporters Monday. "You're not going to beat the best teams like that. You don't beat the average teams playing half games. Every now and then you can pull that off. But past the halfway mark (of the regular season) teams aren't giving up anything."

"Everybody's in panic mode right now," Toronto coach Dwane Casey said Monday. "It's not time to panic. We're going through a tough time. It's how you come out of it."

Season Series:

1. Memphis Grizzlies 105 @ 120 Toronto Raptors
                              2. TBU

Season Leaders:

Raptors: DeMar DeRozan 27.9 PTS, Jonas Valanciunas 10.1 REB, Kyle Lowry 6.9 AST
                              Grizzlies: Marc Gasol 20.1 PTS, Zach Randolph 8.2 REB, Mike Conley 6.2 AST

Injury List:

Raptors: DeRozan won't play(Ankle)
                              Grizzlies: T. Daniels won't play(Knee), B. Wright Early Feb.(Ankle)

Can we break the L streak in the second night of a B2B on the road?!

Best Of Luck!

Comment

• Also, not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread but credit this to Stormin' Norman. He alone was responsible for not one, but two furious Pop time outs

Comment

Working...
                                X