Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Masai will make a move if and when there is a move to be made. You need a dance partner. He's not going to lose a trade in desperation.
    The opposite of making a trade in desperation is not making any deals because you either overvalue your guys, want to win every trade, or are afraid to take even calculated risks.

Marquese Chriss was acquired on draft night for assets we could likely have matched or beaten. Tobias Harris was acquired for spare parts. Thaddeus Young was traded for the 20th pick and a protected second rounder.

Barring a real breakout by Siakam, if we go into the playoffs with the squad we currently have, I think you have to wonder whether Masai is falling prey to a combination of risk aversion, overvaluing assets, or simple complacency.

Comment

• Come on, DanH...no projected Net Rating (Per 100 Poss) for each of those lineups?

Slacker
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Dan, I think the odds of Carroll playing less than 30mpg are close to zero.
        He said big minutes at the 4. Obviously that means big minutes compared to his usual couple of minutes per game. He can't play actual big minutes at the 4 with Patterson playing so many there, unless he completely gives up on the concept of centres and plays PP 12+ MPG at C. With all the wing depth we have, the best way to utilize Carroll is to give him minutes at the 4 and scale back his SF minutes (and overall minutes) to keep him fresh to fight bigger guys, while unlocking opportunities for Ross/Powell.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          Come on, DanH...no projected Net Rating (Per 100 Poss) for each of those lineups?

Slacker
          Yeah, I'm lazy today.

Shameless plug time! If you are interested in some lineup projections from last week (spoiler alert, some of these address Sully, which is obviously irrelevant now) take a look at an article I did up to prep for the season.

http://www.raptorshq.com/2016/10/19/...neups-analysis
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Dan, I think the odds of Carroll playing less than 30mpg are close to zero.
            If Carroll ends up playing a lot of PF then we'll see Powell taking a chunk of Carroll's minutes at SF like last season. Hard to see Powell & Ross splitting 28 minutes indefinitely. Casey's small ball dream will be alive and well.

Comment

• If Stan Van Gundy plays Tobias at the 4 you'll probably see Casey get a little funke with his lineups.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Thier not all low post centers and can't guard the perimeter.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                You're right, most all of them can't guard the perimeter and some have no post game, no shot and can't hit free throws.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Gave the title a bit more polish. if you don't mind Abbas.

Comment

• Comment

• Bebe won't play tonight.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Bebe won't play tonight.
                        Shocking!
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Pre-fight interview.

Soon:

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Shocking!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Pre-fight interview.

Soon:

Real men throw chairs!
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Somebody got a shot of Bebe trying to put weight on his ankle in a park today
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X