Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Also.. I blame Axel. He got too cocky and jinxed us all.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Casey lost this game tonight. His rotations were so bad it felt like he wanted to lose the game tonight. Some of the lineups combinations he threw out there were fucked.
      I seriously believe that Casey used this game to tinker with combos and to let Demar get his rhythm back so that we are better prepared for the Boston game coming up.

Not saying that it's right or wrong but it's what I believe he did.

Losing to Milhouse though....that hurts.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Comment

• 12 hours have passed and when I check the score it still says Raps have lost to Orlando....

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• I've been saying since November that this Raps team thinks they are a "talent" team, when they really are an "effort and grind" team. And it's finally catching up with them.

“We have to find five men that are going to go out there and defend,” said Casey. “You can right now [look at] the roster and everybody had a defensive mistake. It’s accountability.
            “I really wish I could tell you,” Lowry said. “I think it’s just been something we haven’t relied on. Our offence has been so good the last couple of seasons, but Dwane Casey’s staple in this league has been defence and we’re not living up to that.”
            Saying all the right things, but is Casey really going to hold Kyle and DeMar accountable for their defense?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              I've been saying since November that this Raps team thinks they are a "talent" team, when they really are an "effort and grind" team. And it's finally catching up with them.

Saying all the right things, but is Casey really going to hold Kyle and DeMar accountable for their defense?
              It's sooo funny to me that you think Kyle and Demar are the problem. If you look back at your comments it's a constant theme.....lol

Nobody agrees with you! Kyle and Demar are the least of our problems. How about inconsistent role players? How about suspect rotations?

Comment

• In my view here is one of the challenges with Corey Joseph:

--His numbers when on the floor with Derozan are poor.
                --In general we keep Derozan or Lowry on the floor at all times.
                --Corey Joseph is Kyle Lowry's backup. Therefore by definition he is going to be on the floor with Derozan a lot.

The only thing saving Joseph's net rating are the Kyle Lowry + bench lineups. If our backup point guard can't play with Derozan we have a problem.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Comment

• In what way has Dwane Casey's staple been defence? he's never had a team better than 10th in the league by DRtg and we've been bottom-10 in 3/6 seasons (counting this one).

dwane casey's stamp on this league is maximizing the output of shoot-first PGs and SGs.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                      It's sooo funny to me that you think Kyle and Demar are the problem. If you look back at your comments it's a constant theme.....lol

Nobody agrees with you! Kyle and Demar are the least of our problems. How about inconsistent role players? How about suspect rotations?
                      Kyle and DeMar are definitely a big part of the defensive problem. Casey agrees. He called out the whole team. Kyle and DeMar have to show some effort on that end. It's obvious. They are the leaders and the team is following their lead. They don't have to be stoppers, they just have to show some effort.

Comment

They're part of the problem obviously. Role players look up to the stars, and when they look at their stars (demar/lowry) playing lazy defense and blowing rotations, guess what they're going to do? They're going to start playing lazy defense too.

It's obvious this team shows no pride in their defense, thinking they can just outscore the opponents, and that mentality starts at the top with Demar/Lowry.

Those two get the bulk of the praise when the team does well. It makes sense they get the blame as well when the team is in a funk.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Kyle and DeMar are definitely a big part of the defensive problem. Casey agrees. He called out the whole team. Kyle and DeMar have to show some effort on that end. It's obvious. They are the leaders and the team is following their lead. They don't have to be stoppers, they just have to show some effort.
                          So you don't see any effort from them?? The bold is just total BS.....I see effort all the time. They just aren't as good defensively as we would all like. This is why they need better defensive players.....Every player has their strengths and weaknesses.....Last year they were the same, except they had a better communicator and defensive anchor back there (Biz). You need communication from Bigs.....they need to call out picks and help the guards who aren't that good to begin with.

Its easy for the people to point at Casey, but I think this falls more on Masai. Bebe is not Biz....Bebe picked up 5 fouls in 11 minutes last night. Not sure if you've noticed but he's our best defensive C at the moment. JV was solid but obviously can't guard outside and i think he got lit up by Vucevic who hit 3/4 from 3s. The only role players who stepped up was TRoss and to a lesser degree Patrick Patterson. The other players just stunk up the joint honestly.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            They're part of the problem obviously. Role players look up to the stars, and when they look at their stars (demar/lowry) playing lazy defense and blowing rotations, guess what they're going to do? They're going to start playing lazy defense too.

It's obvious this team shows no pride in their defense, thinking they can just outscore the opponents, and that mentality starts at the top with Demar/Lowry.

Those two get the bulk of the praise when the team does well. It makes sense they get the blame as well when the team is in a funk.
                            See.....this is why we said it would affect the team when you lose the ONLY player who actually gets excited about playing defence. The only player who takes pride in their defence and the only player who doesn't care about his offensive numbers. However, we were told that said player isn't that good to begin with and its due to Greer. lol

You ask Kyle and Demar to save our asses every single game.....now you're asking them to save our defense as well. So what happens when Cory Joseph comes in and it all goes to shit? That's their fault as well? What happens when our 3&D Carroll has bad defensive sequences.....What happens when Bebe gets in foul trouble or JV can't come out to the 3 point line to defend a Center who can exploit him out there?? That's Kyle and Demar's fault??? Oh give me a break.

Yes, they are the single reason we're even a number 2/3 seed so far. However, its doesn't take a genius to see that they could use some help.

Comment

So you don't see any effort from them?? The bold is just total BS.....I see effort all the time. They just aren't as good defensively as we would all like. This is why they need better defensive players.....Every player has their strengths and weaknesses.....Last year they were the same, except they had a better communicator and defensive anchor back there (Biz). You need communication from Bigs.....they need to call out picks and help the guards who aren't that good to begin with.

Its easy for the people to point at Casey, but I think this falls more on Masai. Bebe is not Biz....Bebe picked up 5 fouls in 11 minutes last night. Not sure if you've noticed but he's our best defensive C at the moment. JV was solid but obviously can't guard outside and i think he got lit up by Vucevic who hit 3/4 from 3s. The only role players who stepped up was TRoss and to a lesser degree Patrick Patterson. The other players just stunk up the joint honestly.
                              Wait, we're blaming JV for Vuc getting hot from three? The guy who has shot 31.8% on open threes all season long? The scouting report probably said it was OK to leave him open if you needed to provide help on pick plays.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Wait, we're blaming JV for Vuc getting hot from three? The guy who has shot 31.8% on open threes all season long? The scouting report probably said it was OK to leave him open if you needed to provide help on pick plays.
                                So now its okay to leave guys WIDE open??? No need to at least get a hand up huh?.....Better to leave him wide open than to get a blow-by by the quick footed Vucevic....lol Incredible

Comment

Working...
                                X