Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    I feel bad for Westbrook this game. He's getting swarmed on every play meanwhile nobody on OKC can afford to play anything but single-coverage on Durant while he's goes off.
    Not fair at all to call this a supposed showdown....this is a beatdown.

You have 2 MVPs plus a loaded roster going at a single potential MVP and he isn't even as good as either of the MVPs he's playing. I'd love to see this showdown only if both Steph and Klay were both not playing just to have a level playing field...then we'd see what's up.

Comment

• Game #5: Miami Heat 87 - Toronto Raptors 96

First time I have ever done this. Let me be blunt. I despise the Celtics.. Knicks Heat and Bulls. Hate em all. The arrogant fan bases of these teams is only outdone by the myopic media that covers and hypes them to be something more than they are.

Heat come in with McBob on the DL. They sport a fringe allstar PG in Dragic... a very solid but a mental midget in Hassan Whiteside at C and an overhyped sophomore in Justice Winslow. The rest of the Heat's personnel are recognized soley by wives, girlfriends and blood relatives.

Raps come in with no one of importance hurt or limping. They will start and rotate in the usual suspects. Sully still out indefinitely, Bebe available but unlikely to play (more due to DNP-CD rather than a lingering pain in those ankles). Somewhat predictably our mascot, Bruno, has been assigned to the D League even if this is a home game.

Starting Lineups

Kyle vs Dragic at PG - Edge but not as big as you'd think to the Raps
      Demar vs Some dork named Johnson at SG .. pun intended - Big Edge Raps
      Demarre vs Winslow at SF - Big Edge Raps
      Siakam vs Luke Babbit at PF - Slight Edge Heat
      Jonas vs Whiteside at C - Even to favouring Whiteside.
      Raps Bench vs Heat Bench - Big Edge to Raps

Keys to the Game.

Kyle has to check Dragic in transition as this is where the Dragon shines.
      JV has to outmuscle Whiteside and get him into foul trouble early. If he does that and he sits for stretches DD could hit 40 again.
      Own the glass on both ends of the floor, make at least 6 from beyond the arc, pressure the Heat as they turn it over 15 times a game.

Fearless and Completely Biased Prediction

No Joe Johnson. No Luol Deng. No Dewyaaaaaaaane Wade. No chance. Raps by 6.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Creo que De Raptors ganaran el partido

Comment

• We should win tonight. And cover the spread

Comment

• Soon as the game starts go at Whiteside, everyone from DD and JV to Lowry and Ross

Get him in foul trouble, and if this happens
            JV gets 15+ Boards
            DD gets 30+ points again lol
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Josh Richardson is back for the Heat. He's a good shooter so we'd be wise not to leave him open.

Otherwise we should be fine for this one, as long as Jonas doesn't get in foul trouble. Whiteside would eat Poeltl alive.

Comment

• The guy we really don't want to leave open is Babbit. He's a godawful defender, but one of the best 3 pt shooters in the NBA. With Siakim starting I don't see how the Raptors will make the Heat pay for having Babbit on the floor. Much rather have PPat matched up with him.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• MFW someone suggests that we change our lineup to match up with Luke freakin' Babbitt

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    The guy we really don't want to leave open is Babbit. He's a godawful defender, but one of the best 3 pt shooters in the NBA. With Siakim starting I don't see how the Raptors will make the Heat pay for having Babbit on the floor. Much rather have PPat matched up with him.
                    Babbit The JackRabbit can shoot 3's like it's nothing, but Siakam has proven to be a good perimeter defender so far. This matchup should be a cakewalk for him.

I have us winning by at least 10 if we can get Whiteside into foul trouble. This will be a big game for JV.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Is that really the Heat's starting 5? Babbitt? Johnson? i'm assuming Tyler Johnson? yikes.

Remember when they had LeBron, Wade and Bosh?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Is that really the Heat's starting 5? Babbitt? Johnson? i'm assuming Tyler Johnson? yikes.

Remember when they had LeBron, Wade and Bosh?
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'd like to see us try more of that Powell ross combo again in the 2nd quarter..I don't think this is a game where we need derozan and Lowry always on the floor at 36 to 38 minutes..at least try it in the first half it worked great 2 nights ago
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• We have to beat these guys
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                                We have to beat these guys

Comment

Working...
                                X