Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Was at the game last night. Not sure if it was captured on TV, but there was a guy in the crowd with a sign that read, "Welcome Sir Chewbacca!".

    Brilliant.

    Comment


    • GLF wrote: View Post
      He isn't practicing from what I know and he's listed as day to day. His tests came back negative so that's good news. Hopefully he can come back for at least one of the Washington games but I also don't want him to rush back if he's not 100% pain free.
      The number one problem for our post-season hopes would be if he re-aggravates the injury. Josh Richardson dealt with a sore wrist for weeks this year and it just totally messed up his shooting.

      I really, really do not want Elbow Pain: The Sequel to screw us over this playoffs.

      I'd rather he take a full week or two off, and have us muddle through, even if it costs us an extra game or two. We're off from March 5th to the 8th, that long break would help make sure he's 100%. Plus it'd be some nice forced rest for him too.

      If he's 100% by the Wizards game, fine, but given his history of saying he's fine and playing through things, you might just have to bench him for his own good haha.

      Comment


      • Scraptor wrote: View Post
        The number one problem for our post-season hopes would be if he re-aggravates the injury. Josh Richardson dealt with a sore wrist for weeks this year and it just totally messed up his shooting.

        I really, really do not want Elbow Pain: The Sequel to screw us over this playoffs.

        I'd rather he take a full week or two off, and have us muddle through, even if it costs us an extra game or two. We're off from March 5th to the 8th, that long break would help make sure he's 100%. Plus it'd be some nice forced rest for him too.

        If he's 100% by the Wizards game, fine, but given his history of saying he's fine and playing through things, you might just have to bench him for his own good haha.
        Lol exactly. If he comes back for the Washington games I would bet all my money that he isn't 100%. And that's what's kind of sad, we can't trust Kyle's word. He is 100% gonna come back before he should and then be fucked for the playoffs. He does it all the time. I rather lose the two Washington games and have him healthy for the playoffs than win them because he plays and then when the playoffs come it's elbow pain the sequel like you said
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

        Comment


        • Seems you can't trust the players or the team in handling injuries.

          Comment


          • Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            Delon will be out of the rotation once Kyle comes back.

            Joseph with Norm/Tucker/PPat/Bebe or Yak seems like a disaster waiting to happen but I'd love to see Kyle in there with that bench lineup. With PJ and Norm in there with him it allows us to hide Kyle really well defensively so he can save his energy for helping the offense
            Delon played vs Charlotte before Lowry got hurt. It should depend on on how Cory plays. Yak before bebe as well. There be some growing pains but small doses are good prep for next yr.

            Comment


            • lewro wrote: View Post
              Delon played vs Charlotte before Lowry got hurt. It should depend on on how Cory plays. Yak before bebe as well. There be some growing pains but small doses are good prep for next yr.
              I might be wrong but I'm pretty certain he played the two games before all star break because we didn't have Ross or PJ Tucker, so our wings were DD, DC and Powell. And DC was playing a bunch of 4 due to Patterson being out.

              Pretty certain Delon won't see any legit minutes once Lowry is back, as our 10 man rotation is pretty set outside of Bebe/Yak

              Comment


              • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Was at the game last night. Not sure if it was captured on TV, but there was a guy in the crowd with a sign that read, "Welcome Sir Chewbacca!".

                Brilliant.
                My wife was watching the game on Friday night and she asked, "Who's the new guy?", I replied, "Serge Ibaka". And she said, "My God, that guy is a monster. His nickname has to be Chewbacca, right?".

                Comment


                • Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  I might be wrong but I'm pretty certain he played the two games before all star break because we didn't have Ross or PJ Tucker, so our wings were DD, DC and Powell. And DC was playing a bunch of 4 due to Patterson being out.

                  Pretty certain Delon won't see any legit minutes once Lowry is back, as our 10 man rotation is pretty set outside of Bebe/Yak
                  We'll see. The schedule is so condensed after the break I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 11 guys on any given night. They have 12 games in the next 23 days, for example....

                  Comment


                  • Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                    I might be wrong but I'm pretty certain he played the two games before all star break because we didn't have Ross or PJ Tucker, so our wings were DD, DC and Powell. And DC was playing a bunch of 4 due to Patterson being out.

                    Pretty certain Delon won't see any legit minutes once Lowry is back, as our 10 man rotation is pretty set outside of Bebe/Yak
                    Yeah, not saying he will be I think he should be if Cory reverts to crap again. Casey might play Cory regardless, which I disagree with. We can barely get mins for norm on the wing so I don't expect to see Delon unless Casey goes three guards which I don't want but might happen.

                    Comment


                    • special1 wrote: View Post
                      Why don't you ask Masai these questions?

                      I mean, he's the one who kept Casey and extended him.

                      I agree with Masai and I'm not about to spend time answering any of your questions. If you can't see for yourself then your probably a lost cause and blinded by hate.

                      And I think you missed the part where I said

                      WINS DO MATTER

                      This isn't high school basketball Big Boi. Coaches get fired mainly due to wins and losses, it's actually really simple. The Raptors have exceeded projected win totals EVERY season under coach Casey. Does that not matter to you?




                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Wins matter, but if a GM feels as though the coach is holding the team back (which I think some posters here think Casey is), it's been shown that the GM will make a change regardless.

                      Blatt got fired after leading the Cavs to the finals and being in first place the following year.

                      McHale got fired 11 games into the season after having won 56 games the year prior.

                      Mark Jackson got fired in the summer after having won 51 games.

                      Comment


                      • Yeah, masai knows what's up. He also understands timing.

                        Whatever side of average you think Casey is, we need a coach that toggles the good/great scale to go next level.
                        I did think Casey made a few good adjustments after halftime which makes me question why he cant do that in game? He has improved imo but it's been a slow learning curve and the team is still bending around it.

                        Comment


                        • Looks like Jennings just got waived by the Knicks.. good timing considering we play them tonight.

                          Comment


                          • planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Looks like Jennings just got waived by the Knicks.. good timing considering we play them tonight.
                            Another reason why there needs to be a waiver wire system where the worst teams get first crack at anyone who is waived. Guys should not be able to ask to be waived so they can then try to sign with contenders. That's absurd.

                            Comment


                            • slaw wrote: View Post
                              Another reason why there needs to be a waiver wire system where the worst teams get first crack at anyone who is waived. Guys should not be able to ask to be waived so they can then try to sign with contenders. That's absurd.
                              Yeah they still get their money, and then they can go to a contender and a second cheque of "minimum wage" (roughly 150k a month the poor guys) to go play for anybody, because league minimums can always be added to a payroll.

                              100% agree this needs to be fixed
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • slaw wrote: View Post
                                Another reason why there needs to be a waiver wire system where the worst teams get first crack at anyone who is waived. Guys should not be able to ask to be waived so they can then try to sign with contenders. That's absurd.
                                There is. That's exactly what the current system is. Any team that wants to take on his current contract can claim him off waivers, and if more than one team wants him, the team with the worst record gets him.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X