Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LOL:


    Comment


    • Powell and Carroll should be swapping their playing time....Carroll is hot trash.

      Comment


      • Boys, my wife wants to know who the blonde was with Drake at the game. I have no idea but I know you guys will help me out...

        Comment


        • rocwell wrote: View Post
          Biz avg. this year - 2.8 PTS, 7 REB, 1.3 BPG just fyi before you post next time
          Im am not a robot. I have a brain.
          2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

          Comment


          • Re Carroll

            If he's hurt or if he's not 100% he shouldn't be playing.
            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • slaw wrote: View Post
              Boys, my wife wants to know who the blonde was with Drake at the game. I have no idea but I know you guys will help me out...
              BrO do they still have quick reaction on thi site ? I can't get it on my Samsung

              Thx . Go cavs !
              2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

              Comment


              • tonious35 wrote: View Post
                Score: "Raptors interested in Nerlens Noel"

                Jakob: "Well Fuck you guys, I'm better than Noel!" *turns the tide in the 1st and 2nd qtr*
                makes no sense to get Noel right now.

                Comment


                • slaw wrote: View Post
                  Boys, my wife wants to know who the blonde was with Drake at the game. I have no idea but I know you guys will help me out...
                  Does she have a thing for her or jealous of the blonde being with Drake? I mean???

                  Comment


                  • TRex wrote: View Post
                    Re Carroll

                    If he's hurt or if he's not 100% he shouldn't be playing.
                    Tell Casey that. Players like Carroll will try to play through anything unless told otherwise.

                    Comment


                    • TRex wrote: View Post
                      Re Carroll

                      If he's hurt or if he's not 100% he shouldn't be playing.
                      Exactly... if he's hurt, he's going to hurt us long-term... he's 30, guys like this don't just heal up and become superstars like in their 20's... I think he's gonna be a dud here and the ability to get a much more productive player.

                      Comment


                      • TRex wrote: View Post
                        Re Carroll

                        If he's hurt or if he's not 100% he shouldn't be playing.
                        Raps should send him to 905 if he's still recovering from knee surgery

                        Comment


                        • sanyo wrote: View Post
                          Exactly... if he's hurt, he's going to hurt us long-term... he's 30, guys like this don't just heal up and become superstars like in their 20's... I think he's gonna be a dud here and the ability to get a much more productive player.
                          HE ain't no Wolverine, I say he needs his minutes reduced and be treated like Scola now

                          Comment


                          • Sinbad wrote: View Post
                            It was a strange game. "Screen-assists" are gaining a lot of attention; the broadcasters pre and in-game made a point of mentioning them, but its obvious that being asked to run around and set screens for ball-handlers knowing full well that he won't touch the ball afterwards doesn't jive with him. It will continue so long as the "give the ball to DeMar and get out of his way" offense is viable, but his level of engagement is something to watch.

                            And Carroll. Yikes. He looked absolutely dreadful. He can't keep anyone in front of him, and isn't moving well at all.
                            See, I don't agree. He seems plenty engaged as long as he is somewhat involved - even in games where he doesn't get passes on the roll, if he's getting guys open with screens and able to use moving defences after a screen to get offensive rebound opportunities, he usually looks pretty engaged. In this one they had him only setting off ball screens or sitting on the baseline out of the play for the most part - it was really weird. Even better if he gets some chances on the roll, but just use him as the primary screener and you are pretty set.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • A few things I think I saw from last night.

                              1. Whatever you think of James Johnson... the Raptors to a man came around and wished him the best last night during the post game hand shakes. JJ was well liked and respected in that room... contrasts nicely to the Durant split from OKC.

                              2. Really small sample size but Jacob 5 games in is showing he is well worth his draft slot at #9. Poeltl is adapting to his role very well. Initially thought Siakam would be the guy to get more floor time and be more of a contributor due to lineup makeup and Sullys injury but Jacob through ability has moved up the depth chart. He is really mobile and has shown he can pass the ball when the defense collapses down on him. His screens are good and he hasn't been called for many moving screen OF even though its a point of emphasis and the zebras are looking for it early. I think right now he has softer hands than JV and without discussion than the departed Biz.Watch for Kyle to start zipping the ball inside as Purtle can hang on... the more chances he gets the better he will finish those around the basket.

                              3.Hope ESPN ranks DD out of the top 30 players in their top 200 players poll. That oughta piss him off to about Christmas. Unbelievable start for Demar. Logic says it can't last for 82 games but god damn its a treat to watch him give teams apoplexy during this run. Next up excremnto with their nonexistant interior defense. The +30 streak continues.

                              4.A stumble by CoJo last night. Guy just went brain dead in his sub in during the 3Q but picking him up was Powell who made the most of his time. Casey who likes Norm is finding ways to get him into games. Nothing like internal competition for playing time to hone your game and know if your not spot on your not seeing the floor. In a guards league as Jack calls it we are as deep as they come. Kyle/DD/CoJo/Ross/Powell.

                              5.So far the Raps have been able to integrate two new players into the rotation and not skip a beat. They are pretty much the same set of circumstances ready to rain down on you as last years edition. We the fans see them every night and pick at minor shit as all fans do but this outfit and they way they are playing right now says no one is circling the date with Raps as a chance to pad stats. More likely they are circling it as a night they are going to have to bring their A game to stay close.

                              Oh Yeah.. FUCK BOSTON.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Nov 5th, 2016, 10:42 AM.

                              Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post
                                See, I don't agree. He seems plenty engaged as long as he is somewhat involved - even in games where he doesn't get passes on the roll, if he's getting guys open with screens and able to use moving defences after a screen to get offensive rebound opportunities, he usually looks pretty engaged. In this one they had him only setting off ball screens or sitting on the baseline out of the play for the most part - it was really weird. Even better if he gets some chances on the roll, but just use him as the primary screener and you are pretty set.
                                that one set play they ran 2x in the 4th last night, what a fucking waste.

                                It's the one where they force a bad pass to a tightly covered Siakam at the 3pt line, then force a bad pass to a cutting Carroll, flashing to the post, who proceeds to do nothing effective.

                                Like, we don't run plays all game outside of "give it to demar", and then when we do we're running it through the 2 worst players in our starting 5. what a shambles.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X