Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KHD wrote: View Post
    that one set play they ran 2x in the 4th last night, what a fucking waste.

    It's the one where they force a bad pass to a tightly covered Siakam at the 3pt line, then force a bad pass to a cutting Carroll, flashing to the post, who proceeds to do nothing effective.

    Like, we don't run plays all game outside of "give it to demar", and then when we do we're running it through the 2 worst players in our starting 5. what a shambles.
    Its so fucking bad.. they're 4 and 1...with the lone loss against the NBA champion Lebrons in a one shot wins it all game with less than a minute to go.
    So the appropriate response to your thought that all we got is "give it demar" is to:
    A
    Fucking waive everyone as this outcome isn't working at all.
    Fire Dwyane and his staff for picking right up where they left off from last years 56 game wins in reg and and ECF berth.
    Buy out Ujiri the mindless cluck for letting this mindless clownshow go on.
    or
    B
    Lets get to the 15 -20 game mark to see whats working and determine what the best personnel matches are to make maximum use of players talents to allow them all to succeed.

    Whatdya think ?

    Comment


    • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      Its so fucking bad.. they're 4 and 1...with the lone loss against the NBA champion Lebrons in a one shot wins it all game with less than a minute to go.
      So the appropriate response to your thought that all we got is "give it demar" is to:
      A
      Fucking waive everyone as this outcome isn't working at all.
      Fire Dwyane and his staff for picking right up where they left off from last years 56 game wins in reg and and ECF berth.
      Buy out Ujiri the mindless cluck for letting this mindless clownshow go on.
      or
      B
      Lets get to the 15 -20 game mark to see whats working and determine what the best personnel matches are to make maximum use of players talents to allow them all to succeed.

      Whatdya think ?
      i think that running a bad play through your 4th and 5th option instead of your most efficient players is dumb regardless of your record.

      appealing to extremes, or as i like to call it, extrapolation ad absurdum, doesn't disprove that point.

      Comment


      • KHD wrote: View Post
        i think that running a bad play through your 4th and 5th option instead of your most efficient players is dumb regardless of your record.

        appealing to extremes, or as i like to call it, extrapolation ad absurdum, doesn't disprove that point.
        I think it does illustrate a point. It illustrates that things are going pretty well right now and that there isn't much to bemoan in usual Raptorland fashion.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Nov 5th, 2016, 01:02 PM.

        Comment


        • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          I think it does illustrate a point. It illustrates that things are going pretty well right now and that there isn't much to bemoan in usual Raptorland fashion.
          yeah things are pretty fine. my point was just that i don't like seeing ugly plays get run for no defensible reason.

          Comment


          • KHD wrote: View Post
            yeah things are pretty fine. my point was just that i don't like seeing ugly plays get run for no defensible reason.
            Shit happens... busted plays are just as much a function of the game as executing set plays that work.

            We aren't going to win them all.. not even close... enjoy riding the wave for however long it lasts as there are going to be some slumps coming up over and 82 game sched.

            Comment


            • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Shit happens... busted plays are just as much a function of the game as executing set plays that work.

              We aren't going to win them all.. not even close... enjoy riding the wave for however long it lasts as there are going to be some slumps coming up over and 82 game sched.
              Dude, it's a basketball discussion forum. If we can't discuss rotations, play calls, and player performance, what can we discuss?
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • DanH wrote: View Post
                Dude, it's a basketball discussion forum. If we can't discuss rotations, play calls, and player performance, what can we discuss?
                Diction. Such as the correct definitions and usage of words such as "tier" and "consensus".

                Comment


                • DanH wrote: View Post
                  Dude, it's a basketball discussion forum. If we can't discuss rotations, play calls, and player performance, what can we discuss?
                  Anything you want...

                  Comment


                  • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    I think it does illustrate a point. It illustrates that things are going pretty well right now and that there isn't much to bemoan in usual Raptorland fashion.
                    Im done with moaning now that norms getting mins and Ross is playing well (I'm still sucked in everytime even tho I tell myself not to). I'm more excited about our wealth of assets and the possibility of gaining a missing piece. After 20 yrs of raps being mostly sellers, I'm happy to be in the buyers seat.

                    Comment


                    • lewro wrote: View Post
                      Diction. Such as the correct definitions and usage of words such as "tier" and "consensus".
                      LOL.. one guy asks a question that by inference suggest why we can't just talk ball and the aspects of ball and plays..... and you ask why we can't delve even deeper into the abstracts of language...

                      Thanks for following me !

                      Comment


                      • lewro wrote: View Post
                        Im done with moaning now that norms getting mins and Ross is playing well (I'm still sucked in everytime even tho I tell myself not to). I'm more excited about our wealth of assets and the possibility of gaining a missing piece. After 20 yrs of raps being mostly sellers, I'm happy to be in the buyers seat.
                        Yeah.. there is a pod on the main site where jack armstrong brings this point up... he hits that as an organization this is the year at the trade deadline that you owe it to the core to go all in and take a run it by adding players....

                        Comment


                        • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          LOL.. one guy asks a question that by inference suggest why we can't just talk ball and the aspects of ball and plays..... and you ask why we can't delve even deeper into the abstracts of language...

                          Thanks for following me !
                          No, I was being sarcastic. The consensus argument became so entrenched and overdrawn. Really annoying and stubborn to pointless. Like "is this really still a thing".

                          Comment


                          • lewro wrote: View Post
                            No, I was being sarcastic. The consensus argument became so entrenched and overdrawn. Really annoying and stubborn to pointless. Like "is this really still a thing".
                            I've moved on.. didn't know it was still a thing....disagreements happen all the time..

                            Comment


                            • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              Yeah.. there is a pod on the main site where jack armstrong brings this point up... he hits that as an organization this is the year at the trade deadline that you owe it to the core to go all in and take a run it by adding players....
                              Saw that, gonna listen in a bit - "Hello!"

                              Comment


                              • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                I've moved on.. it appears you haven't
                                Man, I don't even remember that you were in that argument. I know I wasnt. Sensitive much? It's all good, just taking a piss in good fun. Carry on.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X