No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so glad JV finally closed a game but everyone simmer down. This will not be a regular thing. Especially if a team goes small. Hopefully it at least becomes a regular thing when teams play big though. It's crazy how Patterson isn't the glue guy like he used to be anymore. When would we have ever seen JV close ahead of Patterson EVEN if he played well. Never. And now Patterson doesn't close anymore with Tucker being able to guard 4s. I love Patterson and understand how much he does for this team that doesn't show up in the stats but we MAY not resign him anymore if this continues.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
      JV can defend centres. He can't defend lightening quick guards. Like most centres - and a lot of guards.
      Or quick agile bigs to be honest. Cousins can move but he isn't next level quick either. Where I was impressed tonight was his ability to help the guard in the pick and roll and still get back out to Cousins and contest his 3's pretty well. He usually struggles with that. He also did a really good job staying in front of him when he would drive on JV and JV also barely fell for Cousins pump fakes tonight which is also something he normally isnt good at.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        Or quick agile bigs to be honest. Cousins can move but he isn't next level quick either. Where I was impressed tonight was his ability to help the guard in the pick and roll and still get back out to Cousins and contest his 3's pretty well. He usually struggles with that. He also did a really good job staying in front of him when he would drive on JV and JV also barely fell for Cousins pump fakes tonight which is also something he normally isnt good at.
        It'd be nice to see JV beast on Howard on Friday. We need that to be able to beat the Hawks.

Comment

• I still notice posters micro analyzing the game after a solid if unspectacular win. What seems to be discounted is that our AS point guard is not playing, neither the starting SF (albeit not a vg one this season) and 2 new additions still acclimitizing themselves. Others have said it...it is very very difficult winning and playing tictactoe under these circumstances....and oh yes the other AS guard was getting doubled and had one of his bad games statistically.

We won. Enjoy. Please.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            I still notice posters micro analyzing the game after a solid if unspectacular win. What seems to be discounted is that our AS point guard is not playing, neither the starting SF (albeit not a vg one this season) and 2 new additions still acclimitizing themselves. Others have said it...it is very very difficult winning and playing tictactoe under these circumstances....and oh yes the other AS guard was getting doubled and had one of his bad games statistically.

We won. Enjoy. Please.
            To be fair, Pels are integrating Cousins and AD went out with an injury. Excuses go both ways.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              I still notice posters micro analyzing the game after a solid if unspectacular win. What seems to be discounted is that our AS point guard is not playing, neither the starting SF (albeit not a vg one this season) and 2 new additions still acclimitizing themselves. Others have said it...it is very very difficult winning and playing tictactoe under these circumstances....and oh yes the other AS guard was getting doubled and had one of his bad games statistically.

We won. Enjoy. Please.
              Micro-analyzing = Enjoyment for a lot of people on this board. lol. I'm one of them.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Alvin Gentry is sooo fired at the end of the season, if not sooner.
                If they fire Gentry someone should tell the new jockey that the horse he is getting is dead.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                  Great win, but the lack of 3-point shooting really stood out tonight. Gonna be a tough one on Friday with no floor spacing and Howard guarding the paint.
                  8-21 isn't lights out or huge volume, but it's above average.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    Yup! I can live with a loss against a healthy Atlanta though. We have no business beating them with the lack of floor spacing and offence we have. We will have to play elite defence that game to win.
                    Yet the Raps will win...the game thread will have its requisite number of loathing, firing, trading , and never watching again posts. And after they win all transgressions will be forgotten or forgiven.

This is a really good team grinding out games waiting for their floor leader to get back.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Chefff wrote: View Post
                      8-21 isn't lights out or huge volume, but it's above average.
                      Agreed. I'll take that everyday with Lowry out

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        If they fire Gentry someone should tell the new jockey that the horse he is getting is dead.
                        Hardly. Won't be too hard to find coaches who think they can coach 2 superstars to a better record than Alvin Gentry. Even an average coach like Lionel Hollins found a way to make 2 unlikely big men work in Memphis. He might actually be the right coach for the Pels.

Comment

• Wee! I know the Pelicans are a big team, but JV having a bounce back game had more to do with what the Raptors did with him. First, with Ibaka in foul trouble, JV got early minutes with Patterson, who he has been good with all year. Raps go +4 in 4 minutes. Yay. We've been asking for this, shocking it worked. Then to start the 2nd Q, who is out there with the bench unit? JV! Instead of hemorraging points like the bench has been doing, by the time JV checks out 7 minutes later the Pelicans' lead has shrunk a bit from 4 to 2. Almost managed to replicate that in the 4th except they put Van Vleet out there for some reason, so the team coughed up a 4 point lead. Team floundered a bit with Ibaka at C, pulling ahead by a basket a few minutes later, and lo and behold Casey puts JV in to close (the time of the game when he is at his best) and voila! Raps go on an 8-3 run to close the game, with JV scoring 6 points and grabbing 5 boards in the final 4 minutes. We've been asking for this, shocking that it worked!

Some of that was matchup driven, some foul driven. But context aside, kudos to Casey for finally getting the big rotation mostly right. Let's see if he can replicate that success.

Road win without Lowry = very good win. Doesn't matter who is on the other side of the court.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Hardly. Won't be too hard to find coaches who think they can coach 2 superstars to a better record than Alvin Gentry. Even an average coach like Lionel Hollins found a way to make 2 unlikely big men work in Memphis. He might actually be the right coach for the Pels.
                            Lionel had Mike Conley , Tony Allen , Tayshon Prince and even though we hate em..Rudy Gay.
                            Alvin has Jrue Holiday and Dante Cunningham and 10 guys named Moe to lend support for his two big men.

New Orleans needs a point guard as bad as the Bucks and some wing players.

Ok..the horse may not be dead..but it's blind in one eye and is lame.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                              It'd be nice to see JV beast on Howard on Friday. We need that to be able to beat the Hawks.
                              I love how JV isn't afraid. At all. And he thrives on confidence and PT. feed the beast!

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                                I love how JV isn't afraid. At all. And he thrives on confidence and PT. feed the beast!
                                I was so worried when he missed his first two shots. I was thinking, well, there goes that game, he'll never see the ball again. But hey, they kept going to him (as they should) and he found his rhythm as he tends to do. A little confidence from teammates and coaches goes a long way.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X