Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GLF wrote: View Post
    Lol I try to keep a little positivity going or I wouldn't be able to watch this team lol

    Comment


    • KHD wrote: View Post
      the way the team plays is on the coach. i'm not even saying tonights loss is on him for a specific mistake. but when you see the team struggle and have no idea what to do because they have zero creativity offensively, well, that's absolutely on the coaching long term.
      I wouldn't say it's an issue of creativity more so of guys just straight up missing tonight. Listen I don't like the whole give it to one guy to do his thing offensively and that's the game plan, but tonight aside from a few possessions in the fourth we were not really playing like that.

      Comment


      • Fuck this loss pissed me off lol

        Comment


        • ogi wrote: View Post
          Yet all the down ten plus comebacks he gets zero credit for
          I tend to credit our players for that. I believe we would be a better team with a better coach. I think he is naive offensively. I think he is a career assistant promoted to his level of incompetence as head coach. I believe we have a very good group of players that needs, nay deserves, a better coach to get the most out of them. I look forward to him being fired in the offseason. It's been a long time coming.

          Comment


          • ogi wrote: View Post
            I wouldn't say it's an issue of creativity more so of guys just straight up missing tonight. Listen I don't like the whole give it to one guy to do his thing offensively and that's the game plan, but tonight aside from a few possessions in the fourth we were not really playing like that.
            Critical possessions. So just a few critical possessions in the fourth? That's the difference between winning and losing.

            Comment


            • is it just me or is dwight howard still better than Demarcus Cousins?

              I mean, the raw numbers aren't there but Dwight is a terror on every rebound (certainly helps that he's immune to fouls) and you can't help off him cause he can still catch a lob, while cousins is just fucking around launching bad shots, getting stats and not contributing to winning.

              Comment


              • Wizards and Boston only lose on nights that we do too



                ffs

                Comment


                • tDotted wrote: View Post
                  Wizards and Boston only lose on nights that we do too



                  ffs
                  And we get a potentially momentum-changing block by Ibaka denied by the refs, amongst other dubious calls late in the 4th...

                  Comment


                  • DeMar with 8 attempts from 3.......

                    WTF?????

                    Only caught part of the game but that's inexcusable.

                    Comment


                    • tDotted wrote: View Post
                      Wizards and Boston only lose on nights that we do too



                      ffs
                      Better than them winning and us losing on the same nights.

                      Comment


                      • A.I wrote: View Post
                        Better than them winning and us losing on the same nights.
                        When's the last time they lost and we won? Never, that's when.

                        Comment


                        • Abbas wrote:

                          First of all i was my own source

                          Comment


                          • Meh. Too bad we lost but this one just got away from us. A few weird choices... Going away from JV late was odd, thought he helped DD get his offence off quite a bit this game, and was solid defensively. But he did play a lot. Bench held up better with JV out there, but I'd like to see them actually use him if he's out there. Went through a painful stretch where they couldn't score and JV never saw the ball. DeMar played really well - only once dribbled himself into a baseline trap, and mostly made the right play all game long. Almost won this one by himself. If anybody could shoot to save their lives... Even taking DeMar's odd high volume three point misses out of it (a few of which, but not all, he was forced into by clock situations) the team couldn't hit open threes. Hit a few of those and we win, without Lowry, on the road.

                            That's the thing - with Lowry out, we're going to need a) a good game from DeMar, b) a solid game from a frontcourt player (JV or Ibaka) and c) role players hitting their shots. If we ever don't have one of those things, it will likely be a loss unless something unexpected goes very right (like JV going nuts against the Pelicans). Still thought the team played well overall, just missed shots. This is not one to be mad about.

                            Hopefully the shooting bounces back tomorrow - will need it against that Heat team.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • DanH wrote: View Post
                              Meh. Too bad we lost but this one just got away from us. A few weird choices... Going away from JV late was odd, thought he helped DD get his offence off quite a bit this game, and was solid defensively. But he did play a lot. Bench held up better with JV out there, but I'd like to see them actually use him if he's out there. Went through a painful stretch where they couldn't score and JV never saw the ball. DeMar played really well - only once dribbled himself into a baseline trap, and mostly made the right play all game long. Almost won this one by himself. If anybody could shoot to save their lives... Even taking DeMar's odd high volume three point misses out of it (a few of which, but not all, he was forced into by clock situations) the team couldn't hit open threes. Hit a few of those and we win, without Lowry, on the road.

                              That's the thing - with Lowry out, we're going to need a) a good game from DeMar, b) a solid game from a frontcourt player (JV or Ibaka) and c) role players hitting their shots. If we ever don't have one of those things, it will likely be a loss unless something unexpected goes very right (like JV going nuts against the Pelicans). Still thought the team played well overall, just missed shots. This is not one to be mad about.

                              Hopefully the shooting bounces back tomorrow - will need it against that Heat team.
                              You are definitely right that our bad shooting is pretty much why we lost the game but it seems like this shooting isn't going to improve anytime soon. We've been shooting badly for some time now and we literally have no consistent shooters out there except for maybe Ibaka. That's not enough. What, are we just going to continue to lose every time we shoot it badly? Because if that's the case we might lose every game we play for the rest of the season lol. We have to find a way to win even when our shot isn't falling because it's seems we are going to continue to miss open look after open look.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                              Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post
                                Meh. Too bad we lost but this one just got away from us. A few weird choices... Going away from JV late was odd, thought he helped DD get his offence off quite a bit this game, and was solid defensively. But he did play a lot. Bench held up better with JV out there, but I'd like to see them actually use him if he's out there. Went through a painful stretch where they couldn't score and JV never saw the ball. DeMar played really well - only once dribbled himself into a baseline trap, and mostly made the right play all game long. Almost won this one by himself. If anybody could shoot to save their lives... Even taking DeMar's odd high volume three point misses out of it (a few of which, but not all, he was forced into by clock situations) the team couldn't hit open threes. Hit a few of those and we win, without Lowry, on the road.

                                That's the thing - with Lowry out, we're going to need a) a good game from DeMar, b) a solid game from a frontcourt player (JV or Ibaka) and c) role players hitting their shots. If we ever don't have one of those things, it will likely be a loss unless something unexpected goes very right (like JV going nuts against the Pelicans). Still thought the team played well overall, just missed shots. This is not one to be mad about.

                                Hopefully the shooting bounces back tomorrow - will need it against that Heat team.
                                d) a solid game plan from the head coach? One that adapts to the players and squad depth he has available to him? One where Demar isn't being fed in to the teeth of the opposing defence in crunch time which the opposing coach surely must have prepared his team for given Casey shows a consistent unwillingness or inability to try anything else?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X