Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMAO @ this thread!

Comment

• I was at this game. Not sure how it felt watching on TV, but there was little-to-no atmosphere in the building. Felt like watching an opera for the first 3.5 quarters. I think the crowd was thinking to themselves, "how are we not destroying these bums?".

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I was at this game. Not sure how it felt watching on TV, but there was little-to-no atmosphere in the building. Felt like watching an opera for the first 3.5 quarters. I think the crowd was thinking to themselves, "how are we not destroying these bums?".
        It was a weird game. It felt like Toronto should have been up 15 for most of the game and then the offense went AWOL in the third quarter. This was a game where I expected Lowry to take over in the fourth but he still can't shoot and, apparently, neither can anyone else.

Comment

• I'm so tired of talking about this from all year last year, but...
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I don't get it?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Game #7: T Raptors (4-2) @ Thunder (6-1); Wednesday Nov 9th at 8pm on SN1.

vs.

Projected Starters
                  Toronto Oklahoma
                  PG - Kyle Lowry PG - Russell Westbrook
                  SG - Demar Derozan SG - Victor Oladipo
                  SF - Demarre Carroll SF - Andre Roberson
                  PF - Pascal Siakam PF - Domantas Sabonis
                  C - Jonas Valanciunas C - Steven Adams

Last Meeting
                  GAME 73 - MARCH 28, 2016 OKLAHOMA CITY 119, TORONTO 100
                  Russell Westbrook had 26 points, 12 assists and 11 rebounds in his 16th triple-double of the season, and the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Toronto Raptors 119-100 for their eighth straight victory. It was Westbrook's seventh triple-double in March, the most in a month since Jordan had seven in April, 1989. Kevin Durant scored 34 points for the Thunder, who extended the NBA's longest current winning streak. DeMar DeRozan had 19 points and Norman Powell added a careerhigh 18 for the Raptors, who lost at home for just the fourth time in 2016 and remained one win shy of a first 50-win season in franchise history.

Note Worthy
                  • The Toronto Raptors travel to Oklahoma City, begining a stretch where they face eight of the next 10 games on the road (Nov. 9-25).

According to NBA.com/Stats the Raptors lead the NBA in team screen assists (Offensive player sets a screen for a teammate that directly leads to a made field goal by that teammate). The Raptors are averaging 14.5 screen assists, followed by Boston (12.3) and Portland (12.1). Jonas Valanciunas ranks second in the NBA averaging 6.6 screen assists per game, trailing only Washington’s Marcin Gortat (6.7).

• Toronto enters Wednesday’s game ranking among the top-10 teams defensively for points allowed (95.5), opponent field goal percentage (.438) and opponent three-point shooting percentage (.323).

• The Raptors are one of nine teams holding opponents under 100 points, along with Atlanta (96.8), Charlotte (96.5), Detroit (96.0), L.A. Clippers (89.4), Miami (98.0), Oklahoma City (97.9), San Antonio (97.1) and Utah (94.4).

• Toronto’s 227 field goals made is the most the team has made through the first six games since the 2006-07 season and the third highest total in team history. The Raptors are shooting .446 from the field overall, which is higher than last year’s .427 field goal percentage. Defensively the Raptors are holding opponents to .323 (42-for-130) shooting from three-point range, which is also the lowest through six games since 2006-07.

• DeMar DeRozan leads the NBA in scoring averaging 33.7 points through the first six games. He is the first Raptors to lead the League in scoring since Vince Carter did it through games played Oct. 30, 2003.

• DeRozan is tied with Cleveland’s LeBron James for the second-most 30-point games among Eastern Conference players since the start of the 2015-16 season, trailing only Indiana’s Paul George (22).

• Over the last five seasons, DeRozan has recorded 46 games with at least 30 points, which ranks third among East players trailing only James (94) and New York’s Carmelo Anthony (72).

Injury Updates
                  Jonas Valanciunas - Questionable; Left Knee Contusion

Jared Sullinger - Out; Left Foot Surgery

Delon Wright - Out; Right Shoulder Surgery

Go Raps!

Comment

• So it goes to show that JV is good at setting screens. Too bad he doesn't have 3 point-rage, I'd love to see us run the pick & pop more.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• This is actually a great test for us. Without KD we're somewhat evenly matched in the starting five, though I think our bench can hurt them if we can limit Kanter.

If Jonas doesn't play I don't like our chances inside again. Hope he's feeling better.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

• Toronto enters Wednesday’s game ranking among the top-10 teams defensively for points allowed (95.5), opponent field goal percentage (.438) and opponent three-point shooting percentage (.323).
                        It's cool that we went from second-worst in the NBA to currently 8th-best in defending the three. Nice to see our guys flying around out there on the perimeter. Mind you we haven't played any truly great 3-point teams, the Cavs are the best % one we've faced to date and they're 8th overall. But I'll take it. (Thunder are 7th worst in the NBA in 3PT% so we should be solid.)

On the flip side we are shooting a league worst 26.2% from 3. Ross is the only guy shooting over 30%! Unfortunately OKC is tops in the NBA in defending the three, so it's our weakness meeting their strength. All the more reason to hope JV will be back to help down low.

Comment

• The chosen one has returned to gamethread OP - I like our chances.

Westbrook with the triple double but the Raps squeeze out the victory.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Joey, lead us to the promised land

Comment

• I hope we have a free seat on the plane

Last edited by rocwell; Wed Nov 9, 2016, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• lol, talking about the Raptors feels so inconsequential now....

Comment

Working...
                                X