Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    This is true as well. But even trash offences used to give us trouble before
    kind of a pointless stat for playoffs because it's all about match ups in the end
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      kind of a pointless stat for playoffs because it's all about match ups in the end
      Raptors can match up with any team in the league.

Comment

That is true. I'm telling y'all we are so much more built for the playoffs this year than any of the other 4 years we made it. Why you guys would fear Pacers is beyond me. The same way Paul scares y'all Demar and Kyle should scare them. Tucker's defence should give George nightmares really lol. Oh yea they should also fear JV who always give Turner fits.
        LMAO weren't you the one repeatedly saying how we're going to get kicked out in the 1st round this season?
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
          LMAO weren't you the one repeatedly saying how we're going to get kicked out in the 1st round this season?
          My guess is this was before the trades for Ibaka and Tucker. Before that, I'd already agreed this team was looking like it was headed towards a first-round exit.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            Oh we were looking like we were going to get kicked out the first round before this trade. No question. Since we have picked up the defence and have found ways to win without Lowry and have seen improvement in Demar's overall game I have full confidence we get out the first round now.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Oh we were looking like we were going to get kicked out the first round before this trade. No question. Since we have picked up the defence and have found ways to win without Lowry and have seen improvement in Demar's overall game I have full confidence we get out the first round now.
              Well, even before the trades it was really early to be worried about that. We didn't have all three of Pat, DD and Lowry at all for the entire run where we struggled. Those were the three most important guys on the team.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nice win. Came out like gangbusters, coasted until the 4th when we coasted a little too much, closed it out easily with our closing lineup. No sweat.

Again I question the choice to let the bench unit struggle along with no offensive options (they've been good defensively, thank goodness, or they'd be bleeding points) when you are going to match up small at the end and JV is sitting right there. Mind you, JV looked pretty banged up in this one, probably good to get him a bit of rest, so, hey, small concerns in good times.

DeMar struggled a bit in this one with the zone and the whistle, but did well not to force too much. Thought he could have used screens better rather than isolating on Matthews. Pat was great, Ibaka solid even with the cold shooting in the middle frames. JV very good early and solid throughout. Powell seemed to forget how to play basketball. Joseph was missing everything for much of the night but closed out strong. Wright looked good again besides a couple rookie mistakes, as did Poeltl. Tucker solid as ever.

What's there to even say here? This team is just executing.
                Last edited by DanH; Sun Mar 26, 2017, 05:12 AM.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Nice win. Came out like gangbusters, coasted until the 4th when we coasted a little too much, closed it out easily with our closing lineup. No sweat.

Again I question the choice to let the bench unit struggle along with no offensive options (they've been good defensively, thank goodness, or they'd be bleeding points) when you are going to match up small at the end and JV is sitting right there. Mind you, JV looked pretty banged up in this one, probably good to get him a bit of rest, so, hey, small concerns in good times.

DeMar struggled a bit in this one with the zone and the whistle, but did well not to force too much. Thought he could have used screens better rather than isolating on Matthews. Pat was great, Ibaka solid even with the cold shooting in the middle frames. JV very good early and solid throughout. Powell seemed to forget how to play basketball. Joseph was missing everything for much of the night but closed out strong. Wright looked good again besides a couple rookie mistakes, as did Poeltl. Tucker solid as ever.

The two Utes have defensive rating of 77.7 when they share the court together. Casey prefers D over O.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Nice win. Came out like gangbusters, coasted until the 4th when we coasted a little too much, closed it out easily with our closing lineup. No sweat.

I think you may have hit on why the coaching staff let the bench unit struggle in your first paragraph... closed it out easily with our closing lineup. No sweat.

The more minutes the bench unit gets when the games are still being played for real, the faster the matriculation process to bona fide NBA players is for the likes of Wright and Poeltl and Norm.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      I think you may have hit on why the coaching staff let the bench unit struggle in your first paragraph... closed it out easily with our closing lineup. No sweat.

The more minutes the bench unit gets when the games are still being played for real, the faster the matriculation process to bona fide NBA players is for the likes of Wright and Poeltl and Norm.
                      Yes, this is important with the $ situation. We know what we have in siakam and I'd hope hed be getting heavy run to close the 905 season. We need more experience for the utes. Also for norm in a larger, defined role. Spot mins for fvv is fine too.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                        Yes, this is important with the $ situation. We know what we have in siakam and I'd hope hed be getting heavy run to close the 905 season. We need more experience for the utes. Also for norm in a larger, defined role. Spot mins for fvv is fine too.
                        I think for next year, Casey needs to think about sets for his younger guys. Having Norm trying to pull a DeRozan is a terrible idea. The second units offense should work off cuts and PnR.

Comment

Well, even before the trades it was really early to be worried about that. We didn't have all three of Pat, DD and Lowry at all for the entire run where we struggled. Those were the three most important guys on the team.
                          I think people don't realize this. I'll just leave this here http://www.raptorshq.com/2017/3/21/1...ing-kyle-lowry

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                            I think people don't realize this. I'll just leave this here http://www.raptorshq.com/2017/3/21/1...ing-kyle-lowry
                            Having those 3, with Tucker and Ibaka closing out games is gonna be nuts.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Slow starts have been pretty bad.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X