Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    The thing that scares me is that two years ago Lebron took essentially a d league team to 6 games with the warriors. I get they are struggling this year, but I really don't think any team in the east will be able to handle them (even as they are right now).
    Keep in mind the east sucked 2 years ago as well.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      My opinion - they are making the same mistakes Lebron teams always make a few years in, they just throw whatever players, too often one dimensional and too often name recognition guys who are past their prime, and everyone lazily thinks that everything will be alright because Lebron. Well at some point there is a tipping point where even Lebron + flawed roster is NOT better than the other top teams.

I called out the Korver trade when it was getting so much hype, the Cavs actually already had a bevy of shooters who couldn't defend and imho did not really need another one. Just think, they could actually put out an Irving/Korver/Lebron/Love/Frye lineup that could shoot tons of threes and would be AWFUL on defence. Too much "spacing!" "three point shooting!" oversimplified hype. Great teams have to play defence, period. The Cavs have had a middling defence at best all year and are even worse right now.

All that said - Lebron is still Lebron and gets the benefit of the doubt in the East until someone proves they can dethrone him. But this is the most flawed a Lebron team has looked late in the regular season in a long, long time.
      GM Lebron is Player Lebron's own worst enemy.

Comment

• Can we give Casey and the coaching staff some credit now?

When Lowry got hurt, people were talking about the Raptors possibly falling behind Atlanta in the standings smh. It's like he's the only star player on the team.

Casey and the coaching staff made this thing work without Lowry. There's still a good chance we finish with 50 wins this season. That is amazing.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Another thing that happened to cleveland is their mid season acquisitions have been flops for once. Unlike shumpert, Jr smith and Frye who fit in seamlessly in years past, korver is done and bogut played 4 seconds and shattered a leg. Deron williams..I dunno..
          All I have to say to you is

Comment

• HORNETS @ RAPTORS Wed March 29th 7:30pm SN1

Well...I guess you don't have to keep them under 90 if you score over 130. Couldn't have asked for much more. Got the full Terry experience (including a not-blown 360 degree dunk) and still a relatively easy win. I'll be happy to keep this pace as long as the team lets me. So let's welcome our next opponent. No...no overused Crying Jordan memes here. In the blue corner, hailing all the way from...

...The "maybe next year" Charlotte Hornets.

Out of the playoffs as they are, the Hornets have always been a thorn in the Raptors side. Technically, that should be a "stinger" but whatever. They are trying to fight their way back in having won 4 of 5. As much angst as they have given us, they also helped the Utah Utes coming out party just before the all star game (which wasn't in charlotte)

Here's a look at my best guess of the starting lineup..

(PG)

(SG)

(SF)
            (very practical...this will work even if the starter gets replaced by the backup)

(PF)

(C)

And, for your Toronto Raptors...
            Joseph (PG)
            Derozan (SG)
            Tucker til i hear otherwise (SF)
            Ibaka (PF)
            Valanciunas (C)

It got a bit sloppy last night and unless Coach Casey really likes his brother in law, I don't think he was impressed. So..

Keys to the game?

Wanted to save this for the Miami game but, as they say, a bird in the hand...

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Can we give Casey and the coaching staff some credit now?

When Lowry got hurt, people were talking about the Raptors possibly falling behind Atlanta in the standings smh. It's like he's the only star player on the team.

Casey and the coaching staff made this thing work without Lowry. There's still a good chance we finish with 50 wins this season. That is amazing.
              Credit where credit is due. We also need to note that the timing of Lowry going down was nothing short of impeccable with PJ & Serge coming in and Patterson and Wright returning to the lineup. The schedule has been pretty soft, but at the same time, you can only beat who they put in front of you. Kudos to Casey and staff. Bigger kudos to Masai for the trades, and a tip of the hat to continued good luck.

Oh, and not having to play Siakam again was probably worth about 5 pts a game, by itself. lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Credit where credit is due. We also need to note that the timing of Lowry going down was nothing short of impeccable with PJ & Serge coming in and Patterson and Wright returning to the lineup. The schedule has been pretty soft, but at the same time, you can only beat who they put in front of you. Kudos to Casey and staff. Bigger kudos to Masai for the trades, and a tip of the hat to continued good luck.

Oh, and not having to play Siakam again was probably worth about 5 pts a game, by itself. lol.
                In terms of personnel changes, don't forget Casey FINALLY benching Bebe's soft ass game(mentally and physically) for the better Poeltl, who brings consistent energy and a relatively high IQ game.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  My opinion - they are making the same mistakes Lebron teams always make a few years in, they just throw whatever players, too often one dimensional and too often name recognition guys who are past their prime, and everyone lazily thinks that everything will be alright because Lebron. Well at some point there is a tipping point where even Lebron + flawed roster is NOT better than the other top teams.

I called out the Korver trade when it was getting so much hype, the Cavs actually already had a bevy of shooters who couldn't defend and imho did not really need another one. Just think, they could actually put out an Irving/Korver/Lebron/Love/Frye lineup that could shoot tons of threes and would be AWFUL on defence. Too much "spacing!" "three point shooting!" oversimplified hype. Great teams have to play defence, period. The Cavs have had a middling defence at best all year and are even worse right now.

All that said - Lebron is still Lebron and gets the benefit of the doubt in the East until someone proves they can dethrone him. But this is the most flawed a Lebron team has looked late in the regular season in a long, long time.
                  Cav's do look vulnerable, but they are also a team built for playoffs, not regular season. They can and will turn it on once the playoffs begin.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    In terms of personnel changes, don't forget Casey FINALLY benching Bebe's soft ass game(mentally and physically) for the better Poeltl, who brings consistent energy and a relatively high IQ game.

That almost sounds like a compliment

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      That almost sounds like a compliment
                      I'll compliment him if he ever outcoaches someone in a playoff series.

Comment

• Time to meet up with our Step Fathers again....we finally beat our Biological Bulls Father.

Time to show we a grown ass franchise!

Comment

• It's been really interesting seeing other coaches game plan for DeMar with Lowry out, throwing hard double and even triple teams at him early. I still feel like, for whatever reason, Casey almost never does this.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• These game threads are becoming increasingly like a David Lynch movie. I'm not sure I know wtf is happening but I like it.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              These game threads are becoming increasingly like a David Lynch movie. I'm not sure I know wtf is happening but I like it.
                              Is he the guy that did memento? Underrated movie

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                These game threads are becoming increasingly like a David Lynch movie. I'm not sure I know wtf is happening but I like it.
                                Lol, so now I'm picturing jclaw as Dennis Hopper in blue velvet.

Comment

Working...
                                X