Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Looper was just stupid tbh. AFAIK, they made it without caring much about the logistics of time travel.

Donnie darko is an awesome nomination for a mind fuck movie though. Another one I'd like to throw in is Oldboy (The korean one). Also Shutter Island.
    WHAT???

And a definite yes to Shutter Island.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      Forgot about Looper.. time travel is the shit, good film. Saw the Usual Suspects ending coming for some reason.. Ex Machina was an excellent thriller have to watch it again.. Donnie Darko was trippy and 10 Cloverfield Lane was great until the very very end.

I'll add Minority Report and Machinist to my list
      I liked Her .... definitely out there though.
      Also enjoyed Automata....
      Last edited by danno; Wed Mar 29, 2017, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• danno wrote: View Post
        I liked Her .... definitely out there though.
        Also enjoyed Automata....
        I've heard of Her but wasn't sure if it I'd enjoy the film.

Anyone watch Split? I kind of hated it

Comment

Forgot about Looper.. time travel is the shit, good film. Saw the Usual Suspects ending coming for some reason.. Ex Machina was an excellent thriller have to watch it again.. Donnie Darko was trippy and 10 Cloverfield Lane was great until the very very end.

I'll add Minority Report and Machinist to my list
          The ending of 10 Cloverfield Lane did induce a few eye rolls for me, but the more I thought about it, the more I appreciated its unpredictability.

And Her is on my to-watch list.

EDIT: Just pointing out there's a dedicated RR movie thread: http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...e-Movie-Thread
          Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Mar 29, 2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• How about The OA on Netflix? I thought it was pretty weak stuff ...

Comment

• Y'all really need to watch nightcrawler. Very creepy movie along with social commentary.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Y'all really need to watch nightcrawler. Very creepy movie along with social commentary.
                Have you watched Enemy?
                Nilanka wrote: View Post
                The ending of 10 Cloverfield Lane did induce a few eye rolls for me, but the more I thought about it, the more I appreciated its unpredictability.

And Her is on my to-watch list.

EDIT: Just pointing out there's a dedicated RR movie thread: http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...e-Movie-Thread
                Good call

Comment

• danno wrote: View Post
                  Loved Ex Machina.

And ya, Go Raps!
                  ....and Alicia Vikander too!!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Injury? Hes been gone like week lol. How about the 2 year sample size that says he's worse than tucker
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• In terms of tv mindfuck shows, everybody should stop what they're doing and watch black mirror on netflix. Amazing writing, acting, twists and social commentary. Kind of a new age twilight zone

Edit: didn't see page 3 lol

Comment

I recommend you check out Nightcrawler with Jake Gyllenhall (sp?) in it.
                        Great movie

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          In terms of tv mindfuck shows, everybody should stop what they're doing and watch black mirror on netflix. Amazing writing, acting, twists and social commentary. Kind of a new age twilight zone

Edit: didn't see page 3 lol
                          I just started watching Black Mirror. I'm only 2 episodes in, but I had a tough time explaining the premise of the pilot to my wife.

"He had to do WHAT do a pig?"

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I just started watching Black Mirror. I'm only 2 episodes in, but I had a tough time explaining the premise of the pilot to my wife.

"He had to do WHAT do a pig?"
                            Lol. I found the first episode a lot different than the rest. The rest are a little more science fiction-y, taking place in "some date in the not too distant future". 2nd episode is cool, the actor from get out, he's awesome. White Christmas with Jon hamm imo is the best one

Comment

I've heard of Her but wasn't sure if it I'd enjoy the film.

Anyone watch Split? I kind of hated it
                              Split was so overrated. I'm actually an m night fan (at least a majority of his thrillers other than the village), and I heard this was his big comeback with great ratings on rotten tomatoes. So I was super pumped for it. It wasn't BAD, but really no twist is was all basically what the previews told us already

Comment

• Maybe I'm dumbing things down, but did anyone watch Stranger Things on Netflix? Or Wayward Pines on City-TV a while back? Sort of had that Twin Peaks vibe to it until things got crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X