Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [QUOTE=lewro;737801]Omg 10 cloverfield lane! The last third of the movie was dumb. To each their

    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The ending of 10 Cloverfield Lane did induce a few eye rolls for me, but the more I thought about it, the more I appreciated its unpredictability.

    And Her is on my to-watch list.

    EDIT: Just pointing out there's a dedicated RR movie thread: http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...e-Movie-Thread
    10 Cloverfield was only good because of John Goodman and the first half tension

    Also Brad Pitt is AWESOME in 12 monkeys.
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • To each their own I guess. I watched 10 cloverfield lane for 30 mins and used my fast forward button to watch the rest... hoping for something interesting. The end was hilarious!

      Comment


      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Split was so overrated. I'm actually an m night fan (at least a majority of his thrillers other than the village), and I heard this was his big comeback with great ratings on rotten tomatoes. So I was super pumped for it. It wasn't BAD, but really no twist is was all basically what the previews told us already
        Watched the trailer numerous times and the thing that was really bugging me was that I didn't see how they could give it a proper ending. Welp I was right

        planetmars wrote: View Post
        To each their own I guess. I watched 10 cloverfield lane for 30 mins and used my fast forward button to watch the rest... hoping for something interesting. The end was hilarious!
        Gah, you didn't feel any of that tension in the first half of the movie??

        Comment


        • LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Maybe I'm dumbing things down, but did anyone watch Stranger Things on Netflix? Or Wayward Pines on City-TV a while back? Sort of had that Twin Peaks vibe to it until things got crazy.
          I didn't like stranger things as much as others. Wasn't bad but overrated imo
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • I'm going to change the subject if y'all don't mind.

            Raps are only a 6 point favourite, am I the only one who smells a blowout?? Sure, we may do our usual get down by 10 in the first quarter thing but I have a feeling we will win this one by atleast 20 points when it is all said and done. Hornets aren't making the playoffs this season, this is the second leg of a back to back on the road after losing to the Bucks, I think we smoke them.
            SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

            Comment


            • hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              Seen the whole series. I LOVED it. Highly recommended. Which episode was your favourite?



              The whole reverse chronology with the flashbacks thrown in can really fuck with your mind.


              Looper was just stupid tbh. AFAIK, they made it without caring much about the logistics of time travel.

              Donnie darko is an awesome nomination for a mind fuck movie though. Another one I'd like to throw in is Oldboy (The korean one). Also Shutter Island.
              I've been meaning to check out Oldboy. I find it hard to watch movies with subtitles bc I'm always staring at RR, etc on my phone.

              Comment


              • hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                Y'all really need to watch nightcrawler. Very creepy movie along with social commentary.
                I don't remember what was nominated for an Oscar that yr but I thought most of almost all were worse than nightcrawler. Probably too dark for the mainstream level of an Oscar audience.
                Arrival was the best movie nominated this yr to me.

                Comment


                • lewro wrote: View Post
                  I've been meaning to check out Oldboy. I find it hard to watch movies with subtitles bc I'm always staring at RR, etc on my phone.
                  Hard to watch movies period if you're staring at your phone
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Hard to watch movies period if you're staring at your phone
                    Documentaries are a lot of talking heads. Features is a bit like speed reading and I can focus closer as needed. I think I have pretty good media literacy.

                    Comment


                    • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Maybe I'm dumbing things down, but did anyone watch Stranger Things on Netflix? Or Wayward Pines on City-TV a while back? Sort of had that Twin Peaks vibe to it until things got crazy.
                      I absolutely loved stranger things and thought the first season of wayward pines was pretty good too. Wayward pines was good until it got too far in to the world building. Without spoiling anything, I liked what we were supposed to believe about the town before all was revealed, and the second season turned into a boring drama. Didn't even finish it.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • rocwell wrote: View Post

                        Umm didnt lowry lose his starting job to calderon his first season here after an injury? What kind of dumb ass rule is that anyway. An injury allows u to see if someone else fits better and if they do u make the change... you dont ignore whats best for the team cause you're afraid to hurt the feelings of your man crush

                        Comment


                        • Machine wrote: View Post
                          Umm didnt lowry lose his starting job to calderon his first season here after an injury? What kind of dumb ass rule is that anyway. An injury allows u to see if someone else fits better and if they do u make the change... you dont ignore whats best for the team cause you're afraid to hurt the feelings of your man crush
                          Bargnani lost to injury too (I know haha bargs).

                          It's not actually a rule. They seem to tip toe around carroll. I get the sense he doesn't really like playing here tbh
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Bargnani lost to injury too (I know haha bargs).

                            It's not actually a rule. They seem to tip toe around carroll. I get the sense he doesn't really like playing here tbh
                            Carroll is definitely a strange dude. Dont know what it is but there's something weird about that guy.

                            Comment


                            • Machine wrote: View Post
                              Umm didnt lowry lose his starting job to calderon his first season here after an injury? What kind of dumb ass rule is that anyway. An injury allows u to see if someone else fits better and if they do u make the change... you dont ignore whats best for the team cause you're afraid to hurt the feelings of your man crush
                              I doubt the rule is set in stone. Probably just a sound bite to avoid a "controversy" during the stretch run.

                              Comment


                              • rocwell wrote: View Post


                                what about losing their job on account of being permanently crap (due to injuries and a complete lack of brains)?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X