Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    This was by far the raptors best all around game. Last two games without JV we've crack the 20 assist. Should we take anything away from? Peoltl and Bebe are better passers than JV.

Personally, I don't care. A lot of you cry about the low assist numbers on here so..

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Your hatred for JV is getting comical at this point.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• The guy isn't even playing and people are throwing shade at him lmao
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• should've we draft sabonis?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Nogueira and Poeltl combined for one "secondary assist" last night.
          I think he is referring to the pass that poeltl made vs sac. Not sure if that resulted in a fg but great pass.
          Some of the improvement in our shooting can be attributed to increased ball movement imo. It's a big difference from the dd bail out pass. Benefits DC, pp, np, Ross. We played to our strengths last night. Bit more practice and I think we are much improved. Like to see jv sit awhile and see how they play. Maybe it will demonstrate they need him dearly. Seemed somewhat true vs. sac. I not gonna make assumptions. I want what's best for the team.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            should've we draft sabonis?
            Wasn't my 1st choice but higher on my board than yak. Yak was right behind him tho for me.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              This was by far the raptors best all around game. Last two games without JV we've crack the 20 assist. Should we take anything away from? Peoltl and Bebe are better passers than JV.

Personally, I don't care. A lot of you cry about the low assist numbers on here so..

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              We started the game going down 12-0.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                Poeltl/siakam/DC was not a good look I think but I missed a few mins there.

Comment

• Need me a game thread for the Hornets game so I can talk trash about how they aren't really that good and have just played a bunch of terrible teams so far.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Need me a game thread for the Hornets game so I can talk trash about how they aren't really that good and have just played a bunch of terrible teams so far.
                    You can't take much from standings until about November 20th, takes 3 or 4 weeks for strength of schedule to even out somewhat
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JV biggest supporters gotta realize that the holes in his game like passing and receiving passes tight to the basket aren't because his usage anymore. He is a good C no doubt but he isn't great yet, or a game changer still, and odds are he prob won't be. His overall game is too inconsistent and doesn't think the game at a elite level, which is need to be a great C. Imo, a great C needs to be a elite defender and/or able to have a decent inside outside game. JV is a tweener still. Average defender, not overly athletic, not a good passer, and his shot doesn't scare anyone. However his raw size and ability to know down FT will allow him to have a good career alone. Coaches and players are to smart now to allow a power C like JV dominate them.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                        Agreed but just to add bebe's best passing skill is out of the high post. He's excellent at hitting the back door which our wings are good at finishing but we seldom do bc jv cant make that play.
                        0:20 .....

He can pass

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                          0:20 .....

He can pass
                          Yes he can. Like I said, the team just doesn't move enough off ball when JV has the ball.

Comment

• Game #8: Toronto Raptors 113 - Charlotte Hornets 111

vs.

Projected Starters
                            Toronto Charlotte
                            PG - Kyle Lowry PG - Kemba Walker
                            SG - Demar Derozan SG - Nicolas Batum
                            SF - Demarre Carroll SF - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
                            PF - Pascal Siakam PF - Marvin Williams
                            C - Jonas Valanciunas C - Cody Zeller

Last Meeting
                            GAME 77 - APRIL 5, 2016 TORONTO 96, CHARLOTTE 90
                            DeMar DeRozan scored 26 points, Kyle Lowry had 12 of his 21 in the fourth quarter and the Raptors beat Charlotte 96-90, handing the Hornets back-to-back losses for the first time in more than two months. Charlotte trailed by 10 points after one and fell behind by as many as 19 before a furious fourth-quarter rally came up short.

Note Worthy
                            • Toronto is currently in a stretch where they play three of four games against teams leading or tied for second in the conference standings - Oklahoma City (Nov. 9), Charlotte (Nov. 11), Cleveland (Nov. 15) and Golden State (Nov. 16).

• Toronto faces the first of 17 back-to-backs beginning Friday at Charlotte and home Saturday vs. New York. This is the latest into the season (games 8-9) the Raptors have played their first back-to-back since 2006-07 – also games 8 and 9.

• According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the last player to record 30+ points in six of the first seven games to start a season was Washington’s Bernard King in 1990 -91.

• Other players in the last 50 years to accomplish the above are Michael Jordan (1986-87), World B. Free (1979-80), Marques Johnson (1978-79), Rick Barry (1974-75 & 1966-67) and Tiny Archibald (1972-73). The last player to record 30+ points in seven of the first eight games to start a season was Michael Jordan in 1986-87.

• Toronto recorded a season-high 25 assists Nov. 9 at Oklahoma City. Kyle Lowry led the team with 13 assists, followed by DeMar DeRozan (6) and Patrick Patterson (3).

• According to the Elias Sports Bureau, DeRozan and Lowry recorded 5+ assists in the same game 25 times during the 2015-16 season, the most of any guard tandem in the NBA.

• The Raptors improved to 4-0 this season when DeRozan and Lowry combine to score 50+ points. They scored a season-high 58 points Nov. 2 at Washington.

• The Raptors are 110-61 over the last three seasons when they record 20+ assists.

• Toronto also leads the NBA averaging 13.7 screen assists (when an offensive player sets a screen for a teammate that directly leads to a made field goal by that teammate). Jonas Valanciunas leads the NBA averaging 6.6 screen assists.

Injury Updates
                            Jonas Valanciunas - Questionable; Left Knee Contusion

Terrence Ross - Questionable; Sprained Right Index Finger

Jared Sullinger - Out; Left Foot Surgery

Delon Wright - Out; Right Shoulder Surgery

Go Raps!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Well .. like ... besides that it was a really good all-around game. Lol

Comment

Need me a game thread for the Hornets game so I can talk trash about how they aren't really that good and have just played a bunch of terrible teams so far.
                                Done and done.

Comment

Working...
                                X