Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Didn't catch the second half but JV was probably on a minutes restriction last night. Right?

    Comment


    • Jangles wrote: View Post
      Didn't catch the second half but JV was probably on a minutes restriction last night. Right?
      No

      Comment


      • Jangles wrote: View Post
        Didn't catch the second half but JV was probably on a minutes restriction last night. Right?
        I think it was a specific smart adjustment to Kemba catching absolute fire and needing to force the ball out of his hands by blitzing screens.

        I'm usually the first to be pissed when JV sits (because usually the team just plays the way they usually would but worse because JV is not out there), but this was a different situation - team employed a strategy that JV couldn't implement. If that didn't work, and BeBe was still out there, I'd be mad. But it worked great. So they stuck with it, as they should have.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • Can't say anything about the strategy as I didn't watch the end, but we won so there's that, but I was still hoping for a minutes restriction haha.

          Keon's last post is troubling.

          Comment


          • lewro wrote: View Post
            Yes, jvs first half is the story of his raps career, culminating in him refusing to run the floor. Jv has been such a team player. But he broke down finally. It's a testament to his selflessness that he's been such a good soldier for so long.
            I'm glad we won but I didn't enjoy it like the OKC win for this reason.
            Man alive the ability of some people to be negative.

            JV knew they were going to attempt a two for one, like they always do, so he wouldnt have time time to get up court. Raps mucked it up and took to long to shoot, so it looked funny that he never got into the picture.

            That said, the play before was indeed a classic example of them not passing to a wide open JV.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

            Comment


            • DanH wrote: View Post
              I think it was a specific smart adjustment to Kemba catching absolute fire and needing to force the ball out of his hands by blitzing screens.

              I'm usually the first to be pissed when JV sits (because usually the team just plays the way they usually would but worse because JV is not out there), but this was a different situation - team employed a strategy that JV couldn't implement. If that didn't work, and BeBe was still out there, I'd be mad. But it worked great. So they stuck with it, as they should have.
              Strategy worked but that was a very long stretch without rest for a skinny backup C with injury problems. Surprised Bebe had much left in the tank to close this one out after playing more than a full quarter straight.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

              If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

              Comment


              • DanH wrote: View Post
                Man alive the ability of some people to be negative.

                JV knew they were going to attempt a two for one, like they always do, so he wouldnt have time time to get up court. Raps mucked it up and took to long to shoot, so it looked funny that he never got into the picture.

                That said, the play before was indeed a classic example of them not passing to a wide open JV.
                Man alive, the self righteous manner in which some people constantly believe in their own ideas and dismiss and condescend to the ideas of others. But you don't attack people right? Keep telling yourself that.

                Dan, did you ever play basketball? I was never good but if I didn't run the floor then I got benched, period. Doesn't matter the context. You don't bail on your team or make assumptions about whether they need you or not, you be there.
                That said, jv was beasting the first 8 mins. He came to play. First starter subbed off. Sits til last 4 mins of 2nd. Repeatedly ignored by his team on offense, doesnt bother in the end to cross half court.
                There's no denying that jv has been ignored forever. This is the first time I've seen him demonstrably upset about it. Not to be dismissed. He's the 3rd option....?

                Comment


                • Axel wrote: View Post
                  Strategy worked but that was a very long stretch without rest for a skinny backup C with injury problems. Surprised Bebe had much left in the tank to close this one out after playing more than a full quarter straight.
                  Enough in the tank for the season no less. He's 220lbs. 325 career mins. He's ready for his backup role but it's clear Casey is a defence first coach. He wants an anchor at the centre and he's tried unsuccessfully for years to make jv that guy. He wants a Chandler like he had in Dallas. Noel and maybe bebe fit that profile. Jv does not.

                  Comment


                  • Danny / Lewro... you might consider that JV has never been exactly a gym rat and there have always been polite questions and concerns around his overall cardio conditioning. Not running the floor may be more a factor of JV being outta gas rather than some Kapernickian rebellion... He is the starting C for the Raps and is highly likely to remain in that position for a while.

                    Just another point of view to muddy the waters.

                    Comment


                    • I think we read too much into these kind of instances.

                      JV has always been a team player. He's never shown to be a selfish player.

                      As long as we're winning, he will be fine.

                      A lot has to do with the teams/situations.

                      Casey said after the game that he played Nogeira because he wanted a mobile defender. Looking back, that's usually the reason for JV sitting in certain situations.

                      Comment


                      • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        Danny / Lewro... you might consider that JV has never been exactly a gym rat and there have always been polite questions and concerns around his overall cardio conditioning. Not running the floor may be more a factor of JV being outta gas rather than some Kapernickian rebellion... He is the starting C for the Raps and is highly likely to remain in that position for a while.

                        Just another point of view to muddy the waters.
                        Could be. Dan could be right too.
                        Generally I think there's a rift between Casey's expectations of jv and his usage. Been there a long time. Bebe just put a face to it. I'd be pissed if I was jv. Perhaps that clouds my judgement?

                        Comment


                        • special1 wrote: View Post
                          I think we read too much into these kind of instances.

                          JV has always been a team player. He's never shown to be a selfish player.

                          As long as we're winning, he will be fine.

                          A lot has to do with the teams/situations.

                          Casey said after the game that he played Nogeira because he wanted a mobile defender. Looking back, that's usually the reason for JV sitting in certain situations.
                          If a player is in his 5th season and still doesn't get trusted in the 4th why is that player still here? Might as well trade him and get that type of C the coach wants. JV could return a big haul.
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                          Comment


                          • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            If a player is in his 5th season and still doesn't get trusted in the 4th why is that player still here? Might as well trade him and get that type of C the coach wants. JV could return a big haul.
                            Name the last time JV didn't close out a game he started before last night.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment



                            • Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post
                                Name the last time JV didn't close out a game he started before last night.
                                Most of the match ups have been favourable so far to start the season. Most of the teams we have played have had C's that JV can play against. I expect same thing that happen to JV last night, will happen against Warriors. Maybe even tonight if Knicks play Porzingis at C in the 4th Q.

                                Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Nov 12th, 2016, 01:37 PM.
                                @Chr1st1anL

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X