No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do think it's too early to talk about it and we are likely overreacting but I will say one thing. If JV continues getting 22-25 mins, he will not play as well in the playoffs as last year. His feelings towards the organization will likely deteriorate.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
      I do think it's too early to talk about it and we are likely overreacting but I will say one thing. If JV continues getting 22-25 mins, he will not play as well in the playoffs as last year. His feelings towards the organization will likely deteriorate.
      Exactly. There's an established pattern of Casey shoving him out of sight in favour of less-tenured players down the stretch. I don't doubt that JV will say all of the right things publicly, but I can't imagine him being happy about his minutes being trimmed after all the fanfare in the pre-season about increasing his playing time and workload.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Funny, my thoughts on watching Bebe the past few games have nothing to do with trading JV -I just think it's looking more and more like letting Biz walk isn't the huge negative some thought, maybe not a negative whatsoever.
        Exactly. We are fortunate to have Bebe compliment JV. Thats how I feel.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
          Yikes. The New York media doesn't play around. They're not afraid to go after anyone.
          9 games in and the knives are already out for the super team.....
          but they are rippin on the players....
          when they should be really carving up Phil Jackson .... Phil baby still has the Knicks at the bottom of the heap now for his entire tenure as "el presidente" ..
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
            He disappeared in the 5:00 Min mark at the 4th
            The only reason that game was close was because of Melo. He was the only one scoring for them.
            Last edited by The Great One; Sun Nov 13, 2016, 12:49 AM.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Shocking fact about Nogueira: With Damon Stoudamire's retirement, Bebe is the only player in the NBA to have all five vowels in his last name.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Funny, my thoughts on watching Bebe the past few games have nothing to do with trading JV -I just think it's looking more and more like letting Biz walk isn't the huge negative some thought, maybe not a negative whatsoever.
                This is true, but seriously Bebe played 16 straight minutes in the second half in 2 consecutive games...And Bebe wasn't even guarding Porzingis most of the time, he was guarding Noah and Patterson was guarding Porzingis.

There is literally no reason not to trust/play a guy who carried you through the first round and part of the second round in the Playoffs last season.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                  This is true, but seriously Bebe played 16 straight minutes in the second half in 2 consecutive games...And Bebe wasn't even guarding Porzingis most of the time, he was guarding Noah and Patterson was guarding Porzingis.

There is literally no reason not to trust/play a guy who carried you through the first round and part of the second round in the Playoffs last season.
                  JV can't guard any big with an outside game. He is a below average defender and when he has to guard at the perimeter you lose his best asset which is his rebounding.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                    JV can't guard any big with an outside game. He is a below average defender and when he has to guard at the perimeter you lose his best asset which is his rebounding.
                    Yeah this is true, which is why I can understand the Hornets game with Kaminsky, Williams and Zeller all perimeter oriented players, but like I said, Patterson was guarding Porzingis for the most part in this game and Noah has a zero outside game.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

or you know.. you could rest the big guy for another night.... its about minute management... its an 82 game season and we aren't even through 10 yet

Comment

• K a lot of you guys are blowing this jv bebe thing way out of proportion. I'm just glad that bebe is showing us to be a capable 2nd center after losing Bismack which everybody was oh so worried about. Let us not forget jv just came off a knee contusion and it was back to back games with quite a bit of travel.

Talk of trading jv is ridiculously premature, as much as I love bebe he's shown no signs of handling a much bigger workload long term. For now just be content with the realization that we may have another good player, and enjoy this demar dejordan run and 7-2 record
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                          Best of the night rocwell
                          It's 5am in UK, and I don't even remember poisting this gif. GOOD NIGTH.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            K a lot of you guys are blowing this jv bebe thing way out of proportion. I'm just glad that bebe is showing us to be a capable 2nd center after losing Bismack which everybody was oh so worried about. Let us not forget jv just came off a knee contusion and it was back to back games with quite a bit of travel.

Talk of trading jv is ridiculously premature, as much as I love bebe he's shown no signs of handling a much bigger workload long term. For now just be content with the realization that we may have another good player, and enjoy this demar dejordan run and 7-2 record
                            Probably am overreacting, we'll find out I guess.

Comment

• Rather than panicking a little bit, I'm going to irrationally give Casey the benefit of the doubt and say he's leaning on Nogueira more to ease JV back into minutes after his injury, and it being a back to back. Also, we had another defensive issue that having Nogueira on the floor specifically helped with - not having anyone who could guard Melo. Thankfully the Knicks left Noah out there - it let us use BeBe as a free safety, doubling whenever Melo or Porzingis went into the post. I like to imagine that with Carroll in there, JV would be there too, because there was a long stretch there in the 4th where we couldn't score and I was screaming for JV to come back in. Lowry and DD started breaking guys down in one on one play (because LOL Knicks defence) so it worked out, anyway.

Both bigs played really well in this one. Huge key to the victory. Siakam was solid enough offensively for a change, but spaced out way too much defensively - got back cut several times and lost on rotations and switches way too easily. Patterson was great, as per usual. CoJo couldn't buy a bucket or a call, but fought hard and did okay running the offence. Fairly forgettable night for him. Ross too, though he hit a coupe nice shots and had that transition and-one.

DeMar. What to say? Tremendous once again.

Good win - back to back with a travel night? I'll take it, no matter the opponent. Throw in the bad matchup with our one real Melo defender not playing and I'll definitely take it.

Nice little break now to rest up guys with bumps and bruises.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Stop DeMar.

I can only get so erect.

Comment

Working...
                                X