Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Casey benched DeMar in a playoff game.

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Because of how incredibly bad he was playing. JV isn't playing bad at all.

    Comment


    • A.I wrote: View Post
      Because of how incredibly bad he was playing. JV isn't playing bad at all.
      No, but Bebe is playing a lot better defence. If JV is tired of being bench he needs to get better defensively.

      Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

      Comment


      • lewro wrote: View Post
        I agree that bebe is a twig that's waiting to snap. What stands out to me is his fit. He's just not that experienced or strong. But why not trade for Noel?
        I actually would rather just keep Bebe in the role than trading for Noel. My posts shouldn't be taken as a knock on Bebe, as I'm actually been an advocate of his for a while now. He's showing what he's capable of but that doesn't mean you can anoint him as the starter or anything.

        If Noel was already on the roster, then yeah I'd play him over Bebe but I don't think he's worth the cost of acquisition if Bebe can play a similar role, without the knee injury concerns, for a lot cheaper.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

        If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

        Comment


        • Nothing like a little internal competition to raise the games of all involved...

          Couldn't be happier that after 3 years of showing hardly anything Bebe has shown he can indeed play.Admittedly it is over a 3 game stretch. Still .. hope he can keep it going all year.

          Once again the Raps have a really good 1-2 punch at the 5 and possibly a 3 punch with Poeltl learning the game.

          Pretty damn nice problem to have.
          I don't normally like a tank. But when I do I prefer a #TampaTank.

          Comment


          • DanH wrote: View Post
            Guy plays well against the Thunder and Knicks and we're making definitive statements about fit?

            BeBe gives us a style/matchup option and a great energy big off the bench. Just like Biz gave us (in a slightly different way). Just like trading JV to make room for Biz would have been a terrible move, so too is trading JV because BeBe is playing well in that role, regardless of whether it is to make room for BeBe or some theoretical better version of him you trade for. It's great to have this flexibility and depth. That's all there is to take from this.
            'Cause thats not a definitive statement.

            We've seen years of the jv fit problem. You may have your preference Dan but Casey is the coach and it's pretty obvious that Casey has tried to turn jv into that and it hasn't worked.
            I like jv but if it's not working then he becomes our best trade chip to land a piece that fits better. If we can keep jv and still get that piece than so much the better. In reality we have to get better to be contenders so something has to give. Trading jv might be the piece that makes that happen, more so than packaging all of our lesser assets.
            It might be easier to get a new center than the years we've been unable to get a 4.
            This is demar team now. Last yr it was Kyle and he fits a bit better with jv but demar not so much (screen assists is overrated). Now that demar is in charge we need to stop looking at last year and get the best fit for demar. That's not a post up big with limited defense. Demar weakness is defense. He needs the lane open.

            Comment


            • A.I wrote: View Post
              Because of how incredibly bad he was playing. JV isn't playing bad at all.
              He's efficient on offense but we don't use him. He is a great rebounder.
              Defense he is passable to liability.

              Comment


              • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Nothing like a little internal competition to raise the games of all involved...

                Couldn't be happier that after 3 years of showing hardly anything Bebe has shown he can indeed play.Admittedly it is over a 3 game stretch. Still .. hope he can keep it going all year.

                Once again the Raps have a really good 1-2 punch at the 5 and possibly a 3 punch with Poeltl learning the game.

                Pretty damn nice problem to have.
                He might get hurt but I think he will be successful bc the raps only ask him to do what he is capable of.
                Jv is not capable of their defensive needs (except rebounding). They don't want his offense.
                We will be better at rebounding when Sully is back. Our guards will get used to playing with bebe and Kyle, norm are good rebounders at their position.

                Comment


                • lewro wrote: View Post
                  He's efficient on offense but we don't use him. He is a great rebounder.
                  Defense he is passable to liability.
                  Liability against stretch bigs yes, other than that he is decent.

                  Comment


                  • Axel wrote: View Post
                    If Noel was already on the roster, then yeah I'd play him over Bebe but I don't think he's worth the cost of acquisition if Bebe can play a similar role, without the knee injury concerns, for a lot cheaper.
                    Bebe can't, though. Noel, healthy, is a starting calibre 5 with elite defensive skills and a head for the game. Bebe, healthy, is a backup 5 with good defensive skills and still learning the game. I think people are really undervaluing Noel's potential. If he finds a way to stay healthy, this guy could be All-NBA Defense at C in a few years. Hassan Whiteside might be a comp.

                    If this path of "find a better starting 4" is the way to go, Noel could be a critical 1st step to using JV as people have mentioned to get that 4. I'm not convinced it is, yet, but it's true they are NOT using JV right now in a way that maximizes his benefit to the team, and at 7-2 with their SG playing at an all-world level, it's hard to suggest changing how they're playing. If you're not going to change to suit JV better, why not accept the fact and go after a better fit who will allow Demar and Lowry to flourish? Noel could be a better 5 in the long run for this team, and if JV brings back LMA or Millsap or Favors, then bring it on, IMO.

                    I love JV, but he's not being used. I think he's still hurt right now and on a minutes restriction, which accounts for the past 2 games, but regardless, unless they're going to play like Game 1 every night -- and it's clear lately that they're not -- then 12 and 9 with only passable defense is probably the expectation for JV. And Toronto and JV can both do better than that.
                    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

                    Comment


                    • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      Nothing like a little internal competition to raise the games of all involved...

                      Couldn't be happier that after 3 years of showing hardly anything Bebe has shown he can indeed play.Admittedly it is over a 3 game stretch. Still .. hope he can keep it going all year.

                      Once again the Raps have a really good 1-2 punch at the 5 and possibly a 3 punch with Poeltl learning the game.

                      Pretty damn nice problem to have.
                      Yeah, this pretty much sums it up. This isn't the time to talk JV trade talk. When Poeltl has added some strength, maybe done work in the D League and Bebe has lasted at least a full season without any major injuries, then maybe... But right now, JV has the best track record of the three.

                      That Sixers trade rumor made sense before Jakob and Bebe started showing us their potential roles. Right now, it's probably best to chill and let their play dictate the future.

                      Honestly, to me, Okafor is the Sixer who needs to be moved. That guy has zero interest in defense, but he probably brings back more talent than trading Nerlens

                      Comment


                      • A.I wrote: View Post
                        Liability against stretch bigs yes, other than that he is decent.
                        Did you seem kemba twist him into a pretzel?
                        Bebe really helped on kemba and Russell. Not really worried if jv can check kaminsky decently.

                        Comment


                        • blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, this pretty much sums it up. This isn't the time to talk JV trade talk. When Poeltl has added some strength, maybe done work in the D League and Bebe has lasted at least a full season without any major injuries, then maybe... But right now, JV has the best track record of the three.

                          That Sixers trade rumor made sense before Jakob and Bebe started showing us their potential roles. Right now, it's probably best to chill and let their play dictate the future.

                          Honestly, to me, Okafor is the Sixer who needs to be moved. That guy has zero interest in defense, but he probably brings back more talent than trading Nerlens
                          You should always be looking to upgrade bc opportunities are time sensitive. Only guys safe should be demar and Kyle. Hate to lose norm but if that gets it done than so be it.

                          Comment


                          • lewro wrote: View Post
                            You should always be looking to upgrade bc opportunities are time sensitive. Only guys safe should be demar and Kyle. Hate to lose norm but if that gets it done than so be it.
                            I think Norm is one of the most important players on this team. He is by far our best perimeter defender.
                            Mamba Mentality

                            Comment


                            • lewro wrote: View Post
                              You should always be looking to upgrade bc opportunities are time sensitive. Only guys safe should be demar and Kyle. Hate to lose norm but if that gets it done than so be it.
                              True, but look at the teams that are doing well right now. Continuity is big. A lot of these improvements end up being lateral moves, that's why I think patience is a virtue.

                              Comment


                              • blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                                True, but look at the teams that are doing well right now. Continuity is big. A lot of these improvements end up being lateral moves, that's why I think patience is a virtue.
                                i agree with you. i think we have a lot of continuity tho and some of the continuity with jvs lack of inclusion is a bit problematic. i think it is somewhat resolvable but caseys quick hook in favour of a middling player the caliber of bebe is astonishing and gives me pause to consider how the roster might be changed and better served for it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X