Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    Wait, people are trying to glean something from the first three Q's of this game? Guys, the team didn't give a crap. They knew they could coast and then close it out whenever they wanted. Lowry decided to close it out to start the 4th.

That's why he perimeter defence was basically a turnstile for most of the game, and the rotations were slow, and the passes sloppy and the picks lazy and the shot selection crap. Nobody gave a damn. Not because they didn't want to win - because they knew they could at a moment's notice blow the game open. I don't mind it - not really fun to watch, but at no point during this game was I remotely worried they might lose.

50 wins! 3rd seed! Yay! Let's see how the next few days play out.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Anybody read Grange's Miami postgame? Lowry + Casey talked at the beginning of the year that taking the foot off the pedal the last couple of seasons hurt the Raps in the playoffs as they struggled to find their groove again. Both agreed they would not do that this year and would play hard the full 82. We'll find out this game, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    Sam also omitted KD, Steph, LeBron, and Isaiah. Since the Raptors don't get the same media attention in the US, becomes that much more difficult to win the awards.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    There's no way both play teams play their full lineups.
    Casey will be like "haha hold my drink".

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    Cleveland seems to want to end the Leprechauns' hopes early. Just crushing Atlanta at the moment

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Just let Raptors905 play against the Cavs on Wednesday

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Abbas wrote: View Post
    did we just clinch the 3rd seed
    Yes, now go and make a game thread vs Cavs, cause I want the Raptors to tank that one.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/statu...62141726040064

Leave a comment:

• special1
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    We were both wrong at the end result but I think i was closer lol. 13 is closer to 10 than 20 lol. And yes Patterson finally played well offensively.
    lol I admit it wasn't 20+

BUT I was right that it would be a blowout..... we were up by 16+ at some points in the 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    JV has been playing good ball against a variety of opponents for a solid stretch now. Not going to let one bad game erase that for me

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Took Lowry a while again to get in a groove but once he did, looked like vintage KL out there. Near triple double with 3 steals and 4 threes made.

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied
    You guys are overexaggerating how bad JV was. Yes, Hernan got the better of him a couple of times (and the better of Ibaka as well btw), but mostly what I saw was horrible defence from our guards on Baker and Le, leading to JV rotating out to them and Hernan getting easy points.

Lowry was especially bad guarding on the Pnr.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Hopefully Cavs take care of business today...

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I would rest DeRozan and Tucker in this game.

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    Assuming that it's a meaningless game (in terms of standings) for both teams, would like to see the 'normal' rotation for the first half. Kyle still needs more reps with Ibaka and PJ, and gives a chance to prove out the stuff that they're going to work on over the next couple of days of practice. In the past, we've seen that when Kyle and/or Demar get a day off for rest, it seems to throw them off for a game or two. So come in, keep working on particular plays (such as feeding the post), work up a sweat, and don't worry about foul trouble.

For the second half, it's a good chance for the end of the bench to get extended minutes, be able to play through mistakes, and get to be on TV for friends and family.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X