Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Not sure how u can blame the refs for this game,the fact is Raps can't beat the cavs..and that's that. Veteran players always deliver..sure Lebron does his part,his a great player,but great players can b beat. Reason Raptors loss is Channing Frye and other veteran players..they do their part and bring it. Not sure what road the raptors are heading,do they want 2 compete for championship or just b middle ground. U can't have guys like Jakob Poeltl, Fred VanVleet, Delon Wright, Bruno Caboclo and so on this team and doing absolute d#@k, that's 4 roster spots,a waste..bring in some guys who can help Demar,Kyle..
    Masai Ujiri is gotta bring some veteran playoff talent..hell I would love 2 c raps get some all star caliber players.
    Anyway..game was good,raps fought like they always do,just don't have the horses against Cavs,2 good.

    P.S

    I'm so disappointed at DeMarre Carroll, really thought he was gonna bring more,but his always sideline with some injury..
    Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Wed Nov 16, 2016, 09:40 AM.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

    Comment


    • Beat the Warriors?

      No, keep 'em under 100. That would be a win in my book

      Comment


      • Zainab wrote: View Post
        lets keep it rollin', boys

        time to get the W!! =D

        What's our record on Drake night?
        3-0 or 4-0 can't remember now

        Comment


        • Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
          Not sure how u can blame the refs for this game,the fact is Raps can't beat the cavs..and that's that. Veteran players always deliver..sure Lebron does his part,his a great player,but great players can b beat. Reason Raptors loss is Channing Frye and other veteran players..they do their part and bring it. Not sure what road the raptors are heading,do they want 2 compete for championship or just b middle ground. U can't have guys like Jakob Poeltl, Fred VanVleet, Delon Wright, Bruno Caboclo and so on this team and doing absolute d#@k, that's 4 roster spots,a waste..bring in some guys who can help Demar,Kyle..
          Masai Ujiri is gotta bring some veteran playoff talent..hell I would love 2 c raps get some all star caliber players.
          Anyway..game was good,raps fought like they always do,just don't have the horses against Cavs,2 good.

          P.S

          I'm so disappointed at DeMarre Carroll, really thought he was gonna bring more,but his always sideline with some injury..
          Cavs have a bunch of no-names at the end of their bench too. Every team does. No rotation is 15 guys deep.

          But to your point about not being good enough to be a championship contender, I'm sure most on here agree. But who knows....2 losses to the Cavs already, plus likely another loss tonight....maybe Masai realizes he should stop playing it safe, and swing for the fences with a deal.

          Comment


          • Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Cavs have a bunch of no-names at the end of their bench too. Every team does. No rotation is 15 guys deep.

            But to your point about not being good enough to be a championship contender, I'm sure most on here agree. But who knows....2 losses to the Cavs already, plus likely another loss tonight....maybe Masai realizes he should stop playing it safe, and swing for the fences with a deal.
            I don't think Masai is playing it safe, he's playing it smart. No need to cash all our chips in on a mediocre starter level player, he's likely waiting for a premier talent to be available before doing anything. I personally think there were talks with Atlanta last year for Horford or Millsap but they wanted JV so we said no, just a hunch though.

            Comment


            • TRex wrote: View Post
              L
              The Kiss of Life from T-Rex. Never fails.

              Comment


              • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Cavs have a bunch of no-names at the end of their bench too. Every team does. No rotation is 15 guys deep.

                But to your point about not being good enough to be a championship contender, I'm sure most on here agree. But who knows....2 losses to the Cavs already, plus likely another loss tonight....maybe Masai realizes he should stop playing it safe, and swing for the fences with a deal.
                I'm not sure what realistic deal gets you past LeBron. He's been beating some really good Eastern conf. teams that are deep in talent for a number of years running now. It would have to be a trade for an elite level player like Paul George or Kawhi which is next to impossible. This must be how Sun's fans felt running into Kobe in the playoffs every year.

                Comment


                • rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Beat the Warriors?

                  No, keep 'em under 100. That would be a win in my book
                  If we keep them under 100 we have a very good chance to win. Raps have scored >100 in 7/10 games, and >90 in all of them.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • The one knock on Masai so far is that as brilliant as he is with transactions, he's only ever acquired depth, and value. He's never cashed in depth for a star
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Lowry the league leader in minutes per game, and played another 40 mins last night. Not sure when this trend will stop.
                      Unfortunately CoJo has off nights where the team doesn't really have a choice but to run Lowry into the ground
                      OG is our king

                      Comment


                      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        The one knock on Masai so far is that as brilliant as he is with transactions, he's only ever acquired depth, and value. He's never cashed in depth for a star
                        Exactly. "Give me 5 bees for a quarter we used to say" - grandpa simpson

                        Comment


                        • consmap wrote: View Post
                          Unfortunately CoJo has off nights where the team doesn't really have a choice but to run Lowry into the ground
                          True. Of course there are also nights where CoJo has a good night and the team has every choice and still runs Lowry into the ground.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • DanH wrote: View Post
                            True. Of course there are also nights where CoJo has a good night and the team has every choice and still runs Lowry into the ground.
                            Moral of the story: casey runs kyle lowry into the ground. Kyle lowry is a shell of himself come April. It's a tale as old as time.
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • consmap wrote: View Post
                              Unfortunately CoJo has off nights where the team doesn't really have a choice but to run Lowry into the ground
                              Powell is already taking over some of CoJo's defensive responsibilities and I think the Raps were grooming him in the 905 to be a primary ball handler, which means "dribble the ball over half-court and hand it off to DeMar", when Lowry isn't in the game. Seems like Cory should be fairly easily replaceable in the future by Powell or Delon, if the Lowry/DD/Casey core stays intact.

                              Comment


                              • 007 ascends from the darkness of the loss to the Cavs to lead us back into the light.

                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                                If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X