Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Ross and a prospect would do it salary wise.
    Keep Ross. There's a lot to like about Gallo's game, but he's got a bad injury history and isn't the best defender. I'd love him on this team, but not for good young assets.

Ross really is playing his best ball this year, and I'd at least want a player whose durability I don't have to worry about, and ideally who's a good fit defensively.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Imagine Gallinari on this team as the starting 4? damn. He can also play the 3.

He's the perfect fit for this team.
      Man you've been one of the top guys harping about how we need defensive intensity and rebounding yet you want Danilo?

I'd rather go after Wilson Chandler. He's looking like a very capable PF this year.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        Man you've been one of the top guys harping about how we need defensive intensity and rebounding yet you want Danilo?

I'd rather go after Wilson Chandler. He's looking like a very capable PF this year.
        Agreed. Could be better and maybe even cheaper than Gallo.

Comment

Imagine Gallinari on this team as the starting 4? damn. He can also play the 3.

He's the perfect fit for this team.
          DanH wrote: View Post
          Ross and a prospect would do it salary wise.
          white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Keep Ross. There's a lot to like about Gallo's game, but he's got a bad injury history and isn't the best defender. I'd love him on this team, but not for good young assets.

Ross really is playing his best ball this year, and I'd at least want a player whose durability I don't have to worry about, and ideally who's a good fit defensively.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
          And contained in these 3 responses lies the difficulty of making a trade when your team has been constructed competently...

To get something worthwhile.. even on rent a player like Galinari for the year.. you have to give up something good ....

Think that the GM stays out of the mushy middle for trades .. its either a game changer (a cousins) where everyone save for Kyle and DD are in play... or an under the radar pickup for a low first round pick and filler.. problem with that is.. we don't have any bad contracts given to end of the string veterans to unload...
          And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

Comment

• Kings coach Dave Joerger to go with smaller starting lineup

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...tarting-lineup

Boogie vs JV !
            and 14 guys named Moe vs the rest of the Raptors...
            And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              We only play West teams two times each, and we've played both games against DEN and SAC before the 15 game mark. Worth remarking on in my opinion.
              The biggest scheduling oddity I noticed was not playing the Pacers until game 70 - March 19.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post

Chandler is a SF.

As for Gallo, the great thing about him is he can play 2 positions. The 3 and the 4. And he'd give us something we desperately need and that's outside shooting.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Chandler is a SF.

As for Gallo, the great thing about him is he can play 2 positions. The 3 and the 4. And he'd give us something we desperately need and that's outside shooting.
                  I like gallos shooting and leadership. Above all i think we need defense

Comment

• Re: pace. I'm torn on this. Raps definitely play better at a slow pace but I don't know if you can beat teams like the Lebrons, GSW and Spurs in 7 games playing like that. I feel like the pace needs to pick up to get easier shots against those teams, otherwise, it's just too hard to play that way for 48 minutes. Perhaps take a step backward early in the season to try to take two step forward later on.

Comment

Chandler is a SF.

Chandler's versatile enough to play 3 positions (SG, SF or PF). He's been playing a lot of PF off the bench for Denver this year. Gallo is more skilled but I like Chandler's versatility and he's a better defender. Plus he's probably cheaper (ie, requires less assets to bring back in a trade).

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        Re: pace. I'm torn on this. Raps definitely play better at a slow pace but I don't know if you can beat teams like the Lebrons, GSW and Spurs in 7 games playing like that. I feel like the pace needs to pick up to get easier shots against those teams, otherwise, it's just too hard to play that way for 48 minutes. Perhaps take a step backward early in the season to try to take two step forward later on.
                        The Raptors certainly have preferred to play at a slow pace throughout Casey's tenure.

16-17 98.0 (21st)
                        15-16 95.3 (29th)
                        14-15 95.4 (20th)
                        13-14 94.4 (23rd)
                        12-13 92.9 (24th)
                        11-12 91.6 (28th)

I don't think they can consistently beat good teams playing at a fast pace. They're only 21st now at 98.0, but that must come down. It's out of character for them, and their defensive focus goes out the window when games speed up. While I agree that they need to get easy baskets by getting out in transition, it can't become a shootout. It's only been 12 games, but it feels like the book is out on the Raptors; push pace at every opportunity and try to run on them, and they'll revert to trying to outscore you.

Comment

Chandler is a SF.

What do you base positions off of? Height? Chandler's stronger, finishes better, and rebounds substantially better too. Not to talk of overall defense which the team is lacking in right now. JV at the 5 gets sit because of defensive matchups but Gallo at the 4 is a better idea? Lol.

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Chandler's versatile enough to play 3 positions (SG, SF or PF). He's been playing a lot of PF off the bench for Denver this year. Gallo is more skilled but I like Chandler's versatility and he's a better defender. Plus he's probably cheaper (ie, requires less assets to bring back in a trade).
                          Exactly

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            The biggest scheduling oddity I noticed was not playing the Pacers until game 70 - March 19.
                            Whoa... that is very odd, considering they just played a 7 game series. I assume we play them only twice? Too lazy to look myself.
                            The Double Champ is here!
                            Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                            Raptors: Larry O'Brien

Comment

• People whine about Carroll and his injuries but then want Gallo?! lmao...he makes Carroll look like an Ironman.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                                Whoa... that is very odd, considering they just played a 7 game series. I assume we play them only twice? Too lazy to look myself.
                                They are an East team, have to play them at least three times.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X