Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Oh and the Raptors ignored Jonas in the second half after he dominated the first. But you know, that's almost a tradition at this point.
    Jonas has a reverse superpower. The better he plays, the less people notice him.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      It is so f*cking ridiculous that they reversed this sh*t.

Watching a vine of the play right now and I'm using the stopwatch on my iPhone from the exact moment that it tipped DC's hand to Ross's exact release and it is still utterly f*cking impossible to get it consistently right. I've gotten 2.3, I've gotten 2.43, down to 2.2 and as high as 2.5 at the f*cking outer reaches. Really, I think it's maaaaybe 2.42?? MAYBE??? You're gonna reverse that shit?????? Game over??? No redoing the play that YOU f*cked up???? So f*cking exhausting being a Raps fan sometimes cause this. sh*t. happens. all. the. mother*cking time. This is easily one of the worst though.

On a side note, it f*cking pisses me off when Steve Kerr publicly complains about 'missed travelling calls' against us in a game they won handily. EVERYTHING GOES YOUR WAY YOU F*CKIN C*NT. Try being a f*cking Raptor on a daily. Sometimes you want Casey to karate chop someone in the throat.

End rant.

We gotta play way better and leave this garbage behind. #proveem2.4seconds
      Mostly agree except with Kerr's comments. The travels have been so blatant recently across the NBA that someone needed to say something.

https://streamable.com/e5in

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
        It is so f*cking ridiculous that they reversed this sh*t.

Watching a vine of the play right now and I'm using the stopwatch on my iPhone from the exact moment that it tipped DC's hand to Ross's exact release and it is still utterly f*cking impossible to get it consistently right. I've gotten 2.3, I've gotten 2.43, down to 2.2 and as high as 2.5 at the f*cking outer reaches. Really, I think it's maaaaybe 2.42?? MAYBE??? You're gonna reverse that shit?????? Game over??? No redoing the play that YOU f*cked up???? So f*cking exhausting being a Raps fan sometimes cause this. sh*t. happens. all. the. mother*cking time. This is easily one of the worst though.

On a side note, it f*cking pisses me off when Steve Kerr publicly complains about 'missed travelling calls' against us in a game they won handily. EVERYTHING GOES YOUR WAY YOU F*CKIN C*NT. Try being a f*cking Raptor on a daily. Sometimes you want Casey to karate chop someone in the throat.

End rant.

We gotta play way better and leave this garbage behind. #proveem2.4seconds
        Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Mon Nov 21, 2016, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• I'm lucky I fell asleep last night.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Vegas say we're 3.5 pt favs tonight. And public loves this spread... hammering like crazy. That usually means something bad about to happen.

Comment

• We're going down in the standings. It's all rigged.

Comment

• Comment

• wow, that was total BS. Should have went to OT. They are basically saying that the time from the Cousins deflection to the start of the shot clock was actually GREATER than the time it took the ball to go from Ross hands to the basket. Cause it looked to me that he released at 0.5 sec. It was probably more accurately between 0.4 and 0.5. Either way they are saying the ball travelled ~28 feet on the Ross shot in less time than the difference between the Cousins tip and the start of the shot clock. Bogus. Ripped off a chance to win a game there.

On a side note, Patterson shot well, Carroll shot well and had 3FGA's less than Demar, JV and Lowry played fantastic and we still lost to the Kings. Despite the great ball movement and such, I think this game demonstrates how important Demar's offence is to this team. But we still need to defend better, and Lowry gotta watch those garbage fouls, SAC really took it to us after he got his 5th. Alot to take away from this one, outside of the terrible call to end the game.

Comment

• just got to school and realized how badly the refsfucked this up

Still bullshit
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      Magic NBA clock operated by Doctor Strange that can tell time to a tenth of a second via replay and a little sorcery.

NBA will need to go to the mat defending this. Especially when it would only have meant OT.
                      they would be smarter to reverse the call... rather than open up the precedent of every home team clock operator suddenly having an ability to tacitly manipulate game outcomes ...

i expect an apology containing some type of reference that human error is part of every game and every sport and while controversial the officials made the decisions they did without bias and to the best of their ability...
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Do you guys see that call happening against the kings in that situation? What if it was curry take the shot could you see then doing it to him?

Woke up this morning, still pissed. This was the most unfair end of game call I've seen in 20 years watching the nba.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I watched the game this morning before work.. that was such a strange end. I would assume that players are watching that shot clock like a hawk, and so Ross' instincts would be that he had a full 2.4 seconds left before shooting the ball. If the clock actually started during the deflection than Ross would see the clock and realize he has even less time. At least redo the play? To just call the game is so weird.

Also they didn't give 2Pat the foul on Cousins when it was pretty obvious.

Ultimately though they should never have been in that position. Lowry embellished quite a bit on that 3 point shot. Kings should have the ball up by 5 points not 3. A typical Kings/Raptors game. Raptors should have won but they just don't bring their A game against one of the worst teams in the league. And DD was awful last night. There goes his scoring average.

Comment

• At least Ross was clutch
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Valanciunas, first half: 11 FGA's, 6 FTA's (14 used offensive possessions), only two free throws came from his own offensive rebound (ie self-generated chances not from being involved in the offence). So 13 possessions where the team used JV as the finisher for the play in the first half (not even considering the high and low post playmaking chances they gave him early on).

Valanciunas, second half: 7 FGA's, 1 TOV (8 used possessions), FIVE of those FGA's from his own offensive rebound (ie not indicative of being an actual option in the offence). Shot 1/2 on possessions where he was actually passed the ball and took a shot.

So, JV was an option in the offence to the tune of 13 possessions in the first half.

JV was an option in the offence to the tune of 2 possessions in the second half.

Raptors scored 63 first half points.

Raptors scored 36 second half points.

Coincidence, I'm sure.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Valanciunas, first half: 11 FGA's, 6 FTA's (14 used offensive possessions), only two free throws came from his own offensive rebound (ie self-generated chances not from being involved in the offence). So 13 possessions where the team used JV as the finisher for the play in the first half (not even considering the high and low post playmaking chances they gave him early on).

Valanciunas, second half: 7 FGA's, 1 TOV (8 used possessions), FIVE of those FGA's from his own offensive rebound (ie not indicative of being an actual option in the offence). Shot 1/2 on possessions where he was actually passed the ball and took a shot.

So, JV was an option in the offence to the tune of 13 possessions in the first half.

JV was an option in the offence to the tune of 2 possessions in the second half.

Raptors scored 63 first half points.

Raptors scored 36 second half points.

Coincidence, I'm sure.
                                Casey'd

Comment

Working...
                                X